Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DC Direct Smallville figures
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:53 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Did anyone collect these? I remember some of the sculpts being good (Aquaman, Clark, Cyborg) and others being off (Green Arrow, Impulse). And I was also bummed they didn't keep making other JL characters. Black Canary was on the show quite a bit and had a cool costume...

Post subject: Re: DC Direct Smallville figures
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:08 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I have the Aquaman, and I think they did a pretty good job with him.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:55 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Yeah he does look cool. Kinda wish the figure had the sleeves that Arthur got around Season Eight (when they went to the Arctic to find Clark), but at least he still looks alot like the actor.

Here they are:

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:01 am 
Factory Worker

I too only got the Aquaman. For what they are they aren't bad figures.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:43 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
I think the best ones are Super...err I mean Clark and Aquaman, the rest are kind of "meh" to me. Impulse is far too tall, Cyborg is also too tall and there is something off about GA, but otherwise I really liked this set. I really wish we could have gotten Black canary, Zatana, Lois, and a new Lex Luthor too. But DC... silly DC. ;)

D.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:20 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Oh I agree - if they'd done another wave of five, this line would have been much cooler. I can't help but want to get the Green Arrow figure, but as you said, something's off with him (I think his torso is too long and the face sculpt is off). He's not worth 20 dollars, much less the 80-120 people are asking for on Ebay. Siiiiiigh. When will I find him for a good price?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:48 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
DisneyBoy wrote:
Oh I agree - if they'd done another wave of five, this line would have been much cooler. I can't help but want to get the Green Arrow figure, but as you said, something's off with him (I think his torso is too long and the face sculpt is off). He's not worth 20 dollars, much less the 80-120 people are asking for on Ebay. Siiiiiigh. When will I find him for a good price?

I know right? I luckily got Clark for a decent price about 3 years ago, but the rest are impossible to find for a decent price. I am sure the reason is because Smallville is off the air now, and their value has gone up... apparently, lol.

D.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:17 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Actually, I think Green Arrow was always the most in-demand figure in the line. I saw them in a comic shop for 20 each back when they first came out and considered getting Green Arrow, but didn't think the sculpt was worth it. I passed, and came back a little while later only to find he and Clark were gone and Impulse and Cyborg and Aquaman were left.

I was thinking about the Buffy the Vampire Slayer toy line and wondered how "Spike" would look next to these Smallville figures, since the same actor played Brainiac. Does anyone happen to have a normal-faced Spike from the Buffy line and a Smallville figure to do a size comparison? I think Spike would stand a little shorter...but mainly I wanted to see if the sculpts would be comparable in quality.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:42 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I only have the original first series with Lex, Lana, and Clark. I made to customs to go with them. Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:50 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Those original three figures have really done down in value over the years. On Ebay they sell for very, very little, if they sell at all...but I think the Clark figure is alright.

Nice customs. Lois and Kara, I take it? Which base figures did you use?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:36 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I have the Clark in blue shirt red jacket combo. It really does look like Tom Welling, much more than the first one.

I do wish they would have made some more of them. They did release a Season 10 Clark with the complete series DVD set, but the face sculpt was new and inferior to the old Series 2 Version. There were a ton of heroes to make, especially in the last two seasons. Detective John Jones, Doctor Fate, Hawkman, Stargirl, Black Canary, even people like Chloe, Lois, and Tess would have been cool figures to have.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:43 pm 
serves the Otter

Yeah, it's a damn shame we never got a Chloe figure.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:12 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Agreed! The most popular original character on the series who stuck around for all ten seasons...but no figure.

Still, I'd have been surprised to see them make one. If they had done another wave, JL characters and Lex and Lois would have been contenders, before Chloe, simply because of name recognition.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:29 am 
Brand Manager

Does anyone here knows anything about the SDCC exclusive Clark Figure?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-Comic-Con- ... 27d606e4cd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:39 pm 
serves the Otter

That isn't a SDCC exclusive but a BestBuy exclusive. It came with the series gift set released last year.

:)

D.