Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Wreck-It Ralph
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:33 am 
Loose, Missing Package

(Mike, I apologize if you have a thread going for this. I went back 7 pages and didn't find one, feel free to merge or lock if there is one)

This looks like FUN!!!

Post subject: Re: Wreck-It Ralph
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:47 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Disney's Paperman to Debut with Wreck-It Ralph

Source: ComingSoon

June 15, 2012

Walt Disney Animation Studios announced today that "Paperman," a short film combining the best of the computer-generated and hand-drawn animation worlds, will make its theatrical debut in front of Wreck-It Ralph, hitting theaters nationwide on Nov. 2, 2012. The short will play in front of Wreck-It Ralph for most international markets (release dates vary by market). Taking the art of animation in a bold new direction, "Paperman" is directed by John Kahrs and produced by Kristina Reed.

Using a minimalist black-and-white style, the short follows the story of a lonely young man in mid-century New York City, whose destiny takes an unexpected turn after a chance meeting with a beautiful woman on his morning commute. Convinced the girl of his dreams is gone forever, he gets a second chance when he spots her in a skyscraper window across the avenue from his office. With only his heart, imagination and a stack of papers to get her attention, his efforts are no match for what fate has in store for him.

Kahrs, a veteran animator who joined WDAS in 2007, led an innovative team of 2D and CG artists who used a proprietary program called Meander to create the short. Employing a technique called final line advection, artists were able to add a level of grace and expressiveness never before seen in an animated film.

The world premiere of the short took place on the opening night of the Annecy International Animation Film Festival, June 4, 2012. Its U.S. premiere is slated for the Los Angeles Film Festival on June 17, 2012.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:47 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Full Voice Cast Announced for Wreck-It Ralph

by SuperHeroHype

July 19, 2012

Hitting theaters on November 2nd, Walt Disney Animation Studios' Wreck-It Ralph has revealed its full voice cast. In addition to leading talent John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch, the video game adventure will include the following:

• Alan Tudyk (“Suburgatory,” Serenity) as King Candy, ruler of Sugar Rush, a candy-coated cart racing game

• Ed O’Neill (“Modern Family”) as Mr. Litwak, owner of Litwak’s Family Fun Center & Arcade

• Mindy Kaling (“The Mindy Project,” “The Office”) as Taffyta Muttonfudge, an accomplished racer and Vanellope’s nemesis

• Adam Carolla (“The Adam Carolla Show”) as Wynchel, Sugar Rush security

• Horatio Sanz (“Saturday Night Live”) as Duncan, Sugar Rush security

• Dennis Haysbert (“The Unit,” “24”) as General from the first-person shooter game, Hero’s Duty

• Edie McClurg (Ferris Bueller's Day Off, “The Life & Times of Tim,”) – as Mary, a Nicelander who lives within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr.

• Roger Craig Smith (Captain Marvel from TV’s “The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes,” Ezio from game franchise “Assassin’s Creed”) as Sonic the Hedgehog

• Gerald C Rivers (video game "Street Fighter" series) as M. Bison

• Rachael Harris (The Hangover, TV’s “New Girl”) as Deanna, a Nicelander who lives within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr.

• Stefanie Scott (“A.N.T. Farm”) as Moppet Girl, a young arcade enthusiast who visits Litwak’s arcade

• Reuben Langdon (multiple “Street Fighter” video games) as Ken from Street Fighter

• Kyle Hebert (multiple “Street Fighter” video games, “The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes”) as Ryu from Street Fighter

For decades, Ralph (Reilly) has been overshadowed by Fix-It Felix, Jr. (McBrayer), the good-guy star of their game who always gets to save the day. Tired of playing the role of a bad guy, Ralph takes matters into his own massive hands and sets off on a journey across the arcade through multiple generations of video games to prove he’s got what it takes to be a hero.

On his quest, Ralph meets tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun (Lynch) from the first-person action game Hero’s Duty, and feisty misfit Vanellope von Schweetz (Silverman) from the candy-coated cart racing game, Sugar Rush, who may just be his first real friend. But everything changes when a deadly enemy is unleashed, threatening the entire arcade and Vanellope herself. Ralph finally gets his chance to save the day—but can he do it in time?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:07 am 
An Insider

I am SO looking forward to see this weekend with the family.. The kids and I have been wanting to see this for a long time.. It's getting positive reviews..

Here's the most recent trailer if you haven't seen it yet :)

Sucks some songs on this trailer above aren't on the soundtrack :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:01 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Looking forward to this one quite a bit.

However, I'm probably gonna have to wait a bit. I hate seeing movies when it's crowded, especially if it's crowded with KIDS. I'll probably go on a Monday or Tuesday afternoon next week.

Either that, or hit a midnight show (although I see an awful lot of of under 8 crowd at those, too).

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:14 am 
Aspires to be #1

Shellhead wrote:
Looking forward to this one quite a bit.

However, I'm probably gonna have to wait a bit. I hate seeing movies when it's crowded, especially if it's crowded with KIDS. I'll probably go on a Monday or Tuesday afternoon next week.

Either that, or hit a midnight show (although I see an awful lot of of under 8 crowd at those, too).

I saw DKR at midnight and there were toddlers and all sorts of other kids in there. Even in summer that's dumb.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:08 am 
An Insider

Saw this movie this past weekend with the family and kids and we all loved it!
IMO I give it a 4/5 a definite MUST see I think..
I think one of Disney Animations better films..