Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Batman toylines in 2013
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:23 am 
ABS

I think they should do a Batman Inc. cartoon. One or two episode shows, featuring a different "Bat" character for Batman to teamup with around the world. Batwing, Knight & Squire, etc. It would be a good way to get figures made for those too, at least they'll have an excuse. I didn't really care for the comic book, but I think the property is ideal for a cartoon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:41 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

starks wrote:
I think they should do a Batman Inc. cartoon. One or two episode shows, featuring a different "Bat" character for Batman to teamup with around the world. Batwing, Knight & Squire, etc. It would be a good way to get figures made for those too, at least they'll have an excuse. I didn't really care for the comic book, but I think the property is ideal for a cartoon.

There's nothing preventing any of those characters from showing up in the new show, especially with the emphasis being placed on more obscure character.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:20 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

starks wrote:

I'd watch this over Beware of Batman. Nothing I've seen has me convinced it will be any good. I think this idea though could really be good, especially with Batwing being a recurring character. :D

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:26 am 
Collector Inspector

Agreed! A Batman Inc. show sounds like a more entertaining option AND a more marketable one! If a "mom in middle America" takes her kid to Target (and let's suspend ALL disbelief for this scenario and assume Mattel has actually managed to get their product on the pegs) which do you think is more likely to be sold: Alfred or Batwing?

Ultimately, I just hope they're in scale with JLU. Young Justice wasn't my favorite line but at least the kid characters fit well with my JLU collection. The Green Lantern TAS prototypes don't.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:27 am 
Brand Manager

As someone who grew up "in another country" I have to say... a Batman show about the Batmen from other countries, sounds boring.

Can't we just have The Batgirl show instead?

'Cause I kinda miss her team-ups with Robin.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:58 pm 
Collector Inspector

Bette Kane, Barbara Gordon, Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown: perhaps they should have made a series called Bargirl Inc!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:59 pm 
5th Horseman

red Ricky wrote:
As someone who grew up "in another country" I have to say... a Batman show about the Batmen from other countries, sounds boring.

Can't we just have The Batgirl show instead?

'Cause I kinda miss her team-ups with Robin.

I would watch the S*%^$ out of this!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:28 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

As would I.

:mrgreen:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:13 pm 
An Insider

I don't like the design of the characters for "Beware the Batman". The figures will probably have some really ugly heads.

The 60's Batman series might interest me if they can keep the price down. I would like to see them in 3 3/4 to 4" scale.

2013 figures for me will be DC Unlimited and Batman Unlimited.
I will also continue to look at any new 3 3/4 to 4" scale figures.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:03 pm 
Cold-cast

I am a total Batman fan.......

With that being said, I have no desire to buy those Beware of the Batman figures. First of all the character design for the show just looks terrible. Bunger mentioned they had a format that worked with the Timmverse. I agree, why change it? From what I've seen of the show, the character design is not very good. I really don't like the concept that the show is following either. At least now with the changes they are making, we may not have a gun toting Alfred sidekick. We'll see...

Another reason is that the figures are being made by mattel. I really dealt with enough of their incompetence for 10 years with the JLU to want to get back on board with another line from them. It's too soon, my theory is fresh, there are still some open wounds & the scars are definitely still fresh. :lol:

On another note, when I first saw " The Batman " series & the character designs for that I didn't care for them very much. Most of the villians looked foolish & over exaggerated to be too creepy in IMO. But I did end up enjoying the show a bit & purchased all the figures. So anything is possible & I could end up getting those Beware of the Batman figures when they come out.

On the other hand, I always opened my Timmverse BTAS figures & displayed them. I never did that with " The Batman " toyline. I would never even dream of parting with any of my BTAS figures. As of right now I am trying to sell off The Batman collection. So I really don't think I will be buying into another Batman toyline from an animated series, unless it's in the Timmverse style.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:44 pm 
Variant Head

Clayface wrote:
I am a total Batman fan.......

With that being said, I have no desire to buy those Beware of the Batman figures. First of all the character design for the show just looks terrible. Bunger mentioned they had a format that worked with the Timmverse. I agree, why change it? From what I've seen of the show, the character design is not very good. I really don't like the concept that the show is following either. At least now with the changes they are making, we may not have a gun toting Alfred sidekick. We'll see...

Another reason is that the figures are being made by mattel. I really dealt with enough of their incompetence for 10 years with the JLU to want to get back on board with another line from them. It's too soon, my theory is fresh, there are still some open wounds & the scars are definitely still fresh. :lol:

On another note, when I first saw " The Batman " series & the character designs for that I didn't care for them very much. Most of the villians looked foolish & over exaggerated to be too creepy in IMO. But I did end up enjoying the show a bit & purchased all the figures. So anything is possible & I could end up getting those Beware of the Batman figures when they come out.

On the other hand, I always opened my Timmverse BTAS figures & displayed them. I never did that with " The Batman " toyline. I would never even dream of parting with any of my BTAS figures. As of right now I am trying to sell off The Batman collection. So I really don't think I will be buying into another Batman toyline from an animated series, unless it's in the Timmverse style.

Clayface I need a few random The Batman figures Killer Croc slime variant,Bane/Bats 2 pack and the Mr Snoots pack do you happen to have those ? I open all my figures so the packkaging shape does not matter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:28 pm 
Cold-cast

PBateman wrote:
Clayface I need a few random The Batman figures Killer Croc slime variant,Bane/Bats 2 pack and the Mr Snoots pack do you happen to have those ? I open all my figures so the packkaging shape does not matter

I'm pretty sure I have the Batman in the Bane busting armor, if that's what you need.

I never even knew that Mr Snoots figure existed until I looked last week on ebay to see what the ventriloquist figure was going for. So I don't have it. I'll look at the Croc & see if I have the slime version. Not sure on any other variants but I know for a fact that I have like 3 different versions of Clayface. One has his human head.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:01 pm 
Collector Inspector

Comments on this thread so far...

All you guys dissing Beware the Batman before its even on the air... All I'm hear is moaning and complaining its not the Timm-verse.
Yes. BTAS is the best Batman show there was, there is, and will ever be...
But thats what happens when you make the best possible thing out the gate.
Also should the wb quit making Batman cartoons just because its not BTAS?
Yall did the same thing before The Batman and Brave and the Bold came out. And most of yall ended up watching and liking. So please, just stop.
Guess I'm just to easily satisfied. I like having the continuing adventures of Batman.
A Batgirl cartoon would be cool, but the execs still don't see it as profitable. Wasn't there rumors of a Batgirl show using The Batman version?
A Batman INC show would be cool. Knight. Man-of-Bats.

On the 60's Batman show toy line...
I'd love these even more if they were also released in 4in. Great idea!!
A Batgirl. Why did I not think of Batgirl.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:24 am 
Loose, Missing Package

To the point, Mattel hasn't announced any Beware the Batman line, yet. Are they working on one?... My gut says "yes" but we know they were working on a Green Lantern:TAS line that was never officially announced but retail had no interest. If the Power Attack line is selling well enough for retailers they may not be in any hurry to switch over to another new line that quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:55 am 
Cold-cast

I haven't seen the show yet, so I can't say whether Beware of the Batman is good or not. But from the early designs and general concept, the show appears to be returning to the 1939 Batman, which I love.

The first Batman stories were straight up detective mysteries with a very dark and film-noir look. Villains like the Mad Monk, Hugo Strange, The Cat, even corporate greed and corruption ("Case of the Chemical Syndicate"). Due to the times, the stories were pretty simplistic. I'm looking forward to BOTB's modern spin on this.

Beware's Batman seems ripped out of Bob Kane's sketchbook, with long pointy ears and slim, athletic physique. You know, he actually looks like a bat.

I absolutely HATED the look of Batman: The Brave and the Bold at first. But after watching it, I loved the show. Great campy fun like the 1960's TV series. The Adam West silliness may be some people's favorite Batman, or the classic Bruce Timm version (which I would add is visually similar to the Beware Batman's 'look'). Why not wait to reserve judgment on Beware? Maybe he's one of the better Batmen that you haven't met yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 669 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45  Next