Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Batman toylines in 2013
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:35 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

People have got to let the Timmverse go. It was awesome, but it's never coming back.

Kinda like the Buffyverse. :?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:38 am 
categorically opposed

Shellhead wrote:
People have got to let the Timmverse go. It was awesome, but it's never coming back.

I don't get it. Bruce Timm moved on. Why can no one else?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:59 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

That's the thing - many of us have moved on from Timm-verse.

I loved B:BatB even though it was a "kids" show. It cracked me up. I WAS enjoying the crap out of Young Justice. HATED the toys, but the show had me tuning in every single time. So did Green Lantern once it got going. I was hesitant but gave them both a chance, and feel as though I was rewarded for it.

I simply hate what I've seen and heard so far of Beware. I'll give it a chance, but I'm not optimistic.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:18 am 
categorically opposed

texgnome1 wrote:
That's the thing - many of us have moved on from Timm-verse.

But for every person like you who has accepted that it's over, there are another forty that are saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Just bring back that universe!"

That's like saying that since NBC is having problems with its scripted television series, they should just pony up enough money to pay the casts and crews of "Friends," "Frasier," and "Seinfeld" to come back. Emmys and huge ratings - it's such a no brainer!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:58 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

MoMoney wrote:
That's like saying that since NBC is having problems with its scripted television series, they should just pony up enough money to pay the casts and crews of "Friends," "Frasier," and "Seinfeld" to come back. Emmys and huge ratings - it's such a no brainer!

How is it even remotely like that?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:40 am 
categorically opposed

Backward Galaxy wrote:
MoMoney wrote:

How is it not like that?

The Timm-verse [Friends, Frasier, Seinfeld] was so good that they should just keep going with it instead of developing new shows that may or may not be as good, even if the creators, casts, and crews have moved on with their careers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:55 am 
shirtless hugger

Backward Galaxy wrote:
MoMoney wrote:

It's actually exactly like that. There's no way in which it is not exactly like that.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:23 am 
4" scale

Would you folks be interested in a CGI Timmverse cartoon?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:24 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

And don't get me wrong, I'm talking about the cartoons not the toys. If the toys had been even close to JLU style, I would have bought them. The weird hand poses and thin bodies turned me away from the YJ figures, but that was just personal preference.

But yes, I agree Mo there are some who still vehemently want the Timm-verse back. Heck, I'd love to have it back, but I'm also a realist lol.

For me, just because I'm so invested in the JLU line, I have no desire to change. Especially with all the customs I've done.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:31 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Wildcard wrote:

Well, we do sort of have that with GL:TAS... Yeah, it's not in continuity with what has come before but, then again, maybe it is... No reason this couldn't be the alternate time-line that Hal phased-in from during Chronos' time meddling...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:40 am 
Aspires to be #1

Jim_Abell wrote:
Wildcard wrote:

Well, we do sort of have that with GL:TAS... Yeah, it's not in continuity with what has come before but, then again, maybe it is... No reason this couldn't be the alternate time-line that Hal phased-in from during Chronos' time meddling...

There's no reason it couldn't be the same exact timeline. Most of the action has happened away from earth and we've met very few characters that we saw in other shows.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Uh, no.

Kyle got the ring first in the Timmverse, not Hal. Alternative timeline maybe, but even that's a stretch IMO.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:19 am 
Cold-cast

MoMoney wrote:

Funny, I do recall NBC trying to pay Seinfeld huge bank to keep the show going. Jerry turned it down. I'm pretty sure if Jerry & cast would agree to come back & make more episodes, NBC would be on board in a heartbeat.

Look at what's going on in the entertainment world today? Hardly anyone is coming up with new ideas. Why did GI Joe, Transformers, My Little Pony, TMNT etc..... make a comeback now? Look at many of the movies out there. Remakes. I couldn't believe when I saw the trailer for Total Recall & many of the other remakes. So why are companies doing all this? Because that stuff was good & no one can top it with a new original idea apparently.

With that being said.....

Everything makes a comeback even if for retro or nostalgic reasons. Right now we an in an era where everyone is being nostaligic about their childhood. Plus it is true that " The squeaky wheel gets the grease. " If enough people make some noise, I'm pretty sure the Timmverse will be back sooner or later. So why should everyone be quiet about how much they enjoyed the Timmverse?

For the record I enjoy Young Justice even though it is not the Timmverse style. I also enjoyed " The Batman " after I gave it a chance. I also like Green Lantern, but I guess that doesn't really count since it's Timmverse CGI...lol Wasn't much of a brave & the bold fan though. Could have cared less when they cancelled it. So the point is, I'm not judging Beware The Batman because it isn't Timmverse style. I really just don't like the overall look of the characters in general & the concept of the show. Gun toting sidekick Alfred? I'm just not feeling that. As I stated before though my opinion could change. I hated " The Batman " when I first saw previews of it, but ended up enjoying the show.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:57 am 
categorically opposed

Clayface wrote:
Look at what's going on in the entertainment world today? Hardly anyone is coming up with new ideas. Why did GI Joe, Transformers, My Little Pony, TMNT etc..... make a comeback now? Look at many of the movies out there. Remakes. I couldn't believe when I saw the trailer for Total Recall & many of the other remakes. So why are companies doing all this? Because that stuff was good & no one can top it with a new original idea apparently.

Remakes. Not continuations.

The new TMNT has nothing to do with the old. Brand new take on the story of four mutant turtles, much like "Beware the Batman" will be a brand new take on the Dark Knight.

Clayface wrote:
Everything makes a comeback even if for retro or nostalgic reasons. Right now we an in an era where everyone is being nostaligic about their childhood. Plus it is true that " The squeaky wheel gets the grease. " If enough people make some noise, I'm pretty sure the Timmverse will be back sooner or later. So why should everyone be quiet about how much they enjoyed the Timmverse?

People can talk about how much they like it until they're blue in the face. I happen to disagree that it's bound to return. But the idea that there should be no further DC cartoons that are outside of that universe is ridiculous. That every cartoon should be designed in that style, with those voice actors, and those writers is closed-minded, short-sighted, and limiting.

If that was the thought process that WB had, we wouldn't have had "Brave and the Bold," which was cheesy good fun, or "Young Justice," which has turned out to be awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:01 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

MoMoney has a point... about moving forward. However Brave and the Bold... or Young Justice was not my cup of tea or something I enjoyed... the idea in Hollywood and Television is to move forward in most cases... things will always be new and different... updated... whatever you want to call it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 46  Next