Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Did you vote today?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:21 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'd vote for that platform in a heartbeat.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:26 pm 
Knows his stuff

I suppose with JLU on life support, I'd better find another forum.

To answer the question: no, I did not vote Tuesday. There were no options.

Shellhead wrote:
For the record, Ron Paul was my guy.

Mine too. But with him not on the ballot, like I said, no options. There really is no big difference between Obama and Romney, and we'll be doing a swan dive off the ol' fiscal cliff regardless of which one of those two would have won.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:24 pm 
The Last Word

I voted for Obama, but I'd have definitely voted for Romney over any of the people in this thread who didn't. Good grief. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:34 pm 
5" Scale

I handed in my wife and I's absentee ballots on Monday. Unfortunately we live in one of those states where it doesn't mean much when it comes to the presidential election :|

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:20 am 
declined to be a vampire

Caped Crusader wrote:
I voted for Obama, but I'd have definitely voted for Romney over any of the people in this thread who didn't. Good grief. :lol:

Glad to see you back. I wonder sometimes if you really aren't Batman the way you disappear!

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:23 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Bunger43 wrote:
1. Prove to me that 9/11 wouldn't have happened if someone else had been in office. You can't. And I didn't see Obama stopping a terrorist attack just mere weeks ago at a US Embassy. Saying something like that is one person's fault or another is just stupid. (unless you have concrete evidence that they ignore it or caused it directly by ordering it themselves)
And you can't prove that it would have either. That's a very silly line of argument. And Bush DID say to the person who handed him the briefing 'Bin Laden determined to attack U.S.' "All right. You've covered your ass now" and then got right back to his vacation. For some reason I can't picture Gore doing that.
Quote:
2. This "healthcare reform" isn't a blessing or a good thing. It's one of the worst things a President has done. Wait and see. Or try being someone who works in the healthcare profession (or ends up getting taxed on the back end).
We'll see. This is genuinely something we won't know for sure about until a couple of years from now. Healthcare reform is pretty much unprecendented. Democratic and Republican presidents since Roosevelt have been trying to get something passed and have all failed (Nixon came closest before Obama).
Quote:
3. What's our national debt at now? You going to blame that on bush? Was he able to blame that on clinton? And Clinton on Bush? And Bush on Reagan? Can't have it both ways.
Obama has lowered the deficit since he took office. It's still too high but it's gone down. Bush took a surplus from Clinton and squandered it on expensive tax cuts for the rich and needless and unpaid for wars. The biggest reason the deficit is so high is war and tax cuts for the rich. Full stop. By the way Obamacare LOWERS the deficit so if that IS something that truly concerns you, there is your silver lining.
Quote:
4. He failed to let companies fail, which was the wrong thing to do. If a company can't succeed, it deserves to fail. Taking money and dumping it into GM, etc...wasn't the best thing to do. I don't buy it for a minute. You don't rob Peter to pay Paul.
And yet, GM is still in business and we still make cars in America. Obama said it was something that he didn't want to have to do but he did it to save the auto industry.
Quote:
5. If you believe that some of the failures that Bush left were done 100% by Bush and left for Obama to clean up, you're only kidding yourself. It doesn't work tha way either.
How does it work exactly?
Quote:
6. Bailing out banks and not punishing them, another huge mistake.
And that's just a start.
Bush was the one behind the bank bailout, NOT Obama (it happened in 2008). With help from the Republicans in Congress. It wouldn't have passed the Democratic Congress without some support from Republicans too.
Quote:
And sidenote: This two party system is a joke. It's there for nothing more than smoke. There hasn't been a real two parties in years. You get a few guys who

Support gay marriage and abortion
Oppose gay marriage and abortion

and then complain about the rich and middle classe....then everything else is all about themselves.

How much does any of that really affect us anyways? Whether you are for or against the few topics the two parties want to oppose...does it affect your daily life?

If you don't like gay people, but one moves in down the block does it affect your daily life? If you are for abortion and someone you know who was going to have one decided to keep the baby (for whatever reason) does that affect you?

This is straight male privelege. These issues may not matter to you, but to women and gays they are matters of life and death. Safe birth control also effects men too so it's not just something that only matters to these two groups either.
Caped Crusader wrote:
I voted for Obama, but I'd have definitely voted for Romney over any of the people in this thread who didn't. Good grief.
I wasn't running for office and I would never even consider it. That doesn't mean I can't have an opinion.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.