Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:53 am 
Cold-cast

Van Statten wrote:
I have the 2002 one but the scale of this Matty one has my playset collector urge on fire.

I'm the opposite. I am completely disappointed in it. It's what I was afraid it would be at that price. Which yeah I know it's still a lot. Just "meh" to me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:56 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I'll probably be disappointed but this for the size and seemingly epic nature of it makes up for my lack of my one great white whale... the Hyve from Sectaurs.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:41 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Here's how big the castle is supposed to be

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:51 pm 

I love him... he's such a dork! It's adorable! I'd probably talk like him if I had his job too!
I really hope this goes through. Hell... I... bought one! And I'm Mister Anti-Matty.com!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:54 pm 
shirtless hugger

This will either be a short-lived experiment or a year-long odyssey, but I've launched a mini-site to keep track of Castle Grayskull updates! http://castlegrayskull.info/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:10 pm 
Bob Vila

See now I can only picture displaying it closed. If it was three sided (front and two sides) then it would look ok open but as it is I think it would look odd unless you push the missing side up to a wall. I will probably go for the preorder but its a lot of money for something I won't make full use of.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:42 pm 

I am really debating displaying this open from the inside facing out. Which is good for space of displaying figures... but once again I feel like some others that if I'm not using the Castle Grayskull front then I'm not using it to a full display potential.

I find it funny Scott is marketing this in his video with playability features. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:12 am 
Loose, Missing Package

This is one time that I really wish they'd "classicize" the 200x design... I prefer the three-sided CG in that if you really wanted to (and was what I was planning to do for my display before this was announced) you could take the sides off of an extra castle and exented each side since the edges "meshed" together when closed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:35 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'm passing on this. I'll stick with the vintage version. The new one looks cool, but that's a lot of cash for a tertiary toyline interest of mine.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:21 am 
Tis' but a pup

Just got my Weapons Pack. Gotta say, the Keldor Swords are pretty disappointing. No detailing on the insides, and both were cast in purple, but the gold one was only painted on the outside. I just might leave them stuck together as a result. Overall, I think the pair that came with 200X Skeletor was done much better.

At least Draego Man's weapons and the HP Staff are good though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:45 am 
Cold-cast

Do any of you guys know if it's possible to get the drums or at least the wings off the Sorceress without destroying them? The wings kinda bug me, but I don't want to wreck it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:16 pm 
Bob Vila

Well i caved and pre-ordered castle Greyskull, after reading the sales plea/pitch from Toy Guru. I still don't see me using it to its full playset capability, more just using it as a back drop/facia to stand my figures infront of. But old Scotty boy knew people were thinking that way so cleverly addressed that in his sales pitch/plea.

But can I ask, how much is the UPS international shipping showing up for those in the UK like me that have placed an order? It's showing up as $94.30 on my invoice.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:25 pm 
Variant Head

Well, I just buy some of the MOTUC figures, but I already preordered the castle. It's a really classic toy ans must get it.

I can't see why Matty couldn't release the third wall later as a separated piece :wink: It would make the castle perfect to display.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:28 pm 
Variant Head

NoisyDvL5 wrote:
This will either be a short-lived experiment or a year-long odyssey, but I've launched a mini-site to keep track of Castle Grayskull updates! http://castlegrayskull.info/

Thanks for sharing. That comparison pic looks really great:

http://castlegrayskull.info/?p=228#more-228

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:40 pm 
Bob Vila

I wonder how well the MOTUC figure stands will blend colour wise with the colour of the castle? It would be good if the colours matched so that the stands could be laid out in front to look like an extension of the stone of the castle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 63  Next