Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:45 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

elvis8batman wrote:
I wonder how well the MOTUC figure stands will blend colour wise with the colour of the castle? It would be good if the colours matched so that the stands could be laid out in front to look like an extension of the stone of the castle.

I hope well... I would like to build a bridge or a court yard with all the ones I have.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:07 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

I placed a castle pre-order a few days ago and like Scott said they are making a zero charge to the cards and not charging the full amount initially like they do with the subs. If you've been hesitant because of not wanting to have funds tied up a few day with a pre-authroization then you have nothing to worry about.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:23 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I ordered one. I figured it would be our only shot at getting one. My apartment is too tiny to display it now, but I would like to set it up one day.

And because the Four Horsemen are designing it, I know it's gonna look awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:33 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I can't justify it, but I hope you MOTUC diehards get your castle. :wink:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:17 am 
4" scale

The success or failure of the Castle Greyskull pre-orders can affect what other items Mattel decides to sell using this system. Imagine the implications when applied to their other properties… Hall of Justice, GB Firehouse (though highly unlikey at this point -- this would have sold if it was at the beginning of the line), Batmobile, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:57 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Easy pass for me. $250 is more than double what that thing should be imo and then factor in shipping. Nope.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:40 pm 
Cold-cast

ian5555 wrote:
Easy pass for me. $250 is more than double what that thing should be imo and then factor in shipping. Nope.

We actually agree on something :lol: Yeah, $250 is way too much for a hollow fold out castle. I agree $100 should be the price point on this toy. Shipping on a JLU 3 pack is $9 plus the taxes. So Greyskull will probably be another $55.00 to $75.00 on top of the $250 price. All Toy Guru's little speech about this thing did was make me feel like he was saying " Hey, let's get this preorder quota done, Mattel pays me to push this kind of stuff so they can make a fortune for a cheaply made toy from you collectors " For those of you saying this could affect what we see in the future? Yes if this actually goes through we may see more of an attempt at producing overpriced playsets that are worth no where near the money mattel tries to charge. No thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:08 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Actually, shipping and handling by USPS ground is $19.65 and 20.70 by UPS ground, UPS second day is 58.95 and UPS overnight is $74.45. And you guys really need to look at the cost on the Barbie and Disney Princess houses at retail, you're looking at $150 or so for those without any of the detail that Grayskull should include, c'mon the Horsemen are going to sculpt this thing. This thing is going to be a couple of big, solid hunks of plastic not some combination of plastic supports with cardboard filler like the typical Barbie house.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:34 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

That isn't bad shipping but it's still way overpriced imo. I'm not really a big item collector anyway except if it's the new Fortress Maximus Encore that is getting released next year :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:49 pm 
Daniel Pickett

I ordered on this week. Gotta put my $ where my mouth is. Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:39 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I ordered mine. It's not like it's going to go down in value, It's Castle freakin Grayskull!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:53 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

You're right about the value, Jayson. If this playset gets made, it's going to be so much more expensive in the after market. I'd rather put my order in now than try to buy it afterward.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:31 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I wonder if this one will go through. Definitely a big commitment, but to MOTU fans, probably a worthwhile one.

If it had been a Filmation Castle, I'd have considered it, though that price-point is pretty steep.

I have zero hope they'll ever make a Filmation Crystal Castle, and with JLU gone/going, there's not much reason to support this, for me, in the hopes they'll produce more (nevermind me actually wanting this one).

Guess we'll see tomorrow what the verdict is!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:08 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Is it just me or is every one of these Pre-orders just right on the edge in order to be able to go into Production. Smells kind of fishy to me to be honest. I would think most of these pre-orders would be made in the first week or two.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:47 am 
Loose, Missing Package

ian5555 wrote:
Is it just me or is every one of these Pre-orders just right on the edge in order to be able to go into Production. Smells kind of fishy to me to be honest. I would think most of these pre-orders would be made in the first week or two.

Let's see... The Hoverboard, I seem to remember it going through pretty quickly. The Young Justice 2-pack had an initial buy and then a last minute boost and still failed. This one is close and could possibly go either way... I don't remember any others right off the top of my head, unless you're including the subs. Did I miss one?...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 63  Next