Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:21 am 
5" Scale

Jim_Abell wrote:
ian5555 wrote:
Is it just me or is every one of these Pre-orders just right on the edge in order to be able to go into Production. Smells kind of fishy to me to be honest. I would think most of these pre-orders would be made in the first week or two.

Let's see... The Hoverboard, I seem to remember it going through pretty quickly. The Young Justice 2-pack had an initial buy and then a last minute boost and still failed. This one is close and could possibly go either way... I don't remember any others right off the top of my head, unless you're including the subs. Did I miss one?...

Yeah it was less then a week for the HB to meet its min, but really what do BTTF fans have to spend their money on anyways lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:26 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

DCUC sub for one, yeah that is what I was thinking of.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:34 am 
ABS

I guess a lack of an announcement means the castle didn't go through? The thermometer didn't get to the goal.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:50 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

There was an announcement. They received some late, very large orders that they are currently working to verify to determine the validity of the orders before announcing if the toy will be made yet. We're in a holding pattern until further notice....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:10 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Now that IS fishy . . .

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:13 am 
ABS

this surprises you?

I trust Mattel about as much as I trust Edward Scissorhands in a thumb-wrestling match

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:23 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I'm interested in Castle Grayskullman. The design is intriguing, and the Four Horsemen did a good job with the sculpt. It might be work risking the WSOD to pick him up on sale day.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:56 am 
Cold-cast

CJF28 wrote:
this surprises you?

I trust Mattel about as much as I trust Edward Scissorhands in a thumb-wrestling match

That's one way of putting it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I seriously think they are going to figure out a way ( probably lie to you about the numbers ) for castle greyskull to go through. I don't know exactly how many actual sales that meter represents & mattel refuses to tell us. But I'm sure it is a good number & the MOTU fans are so close to the goal. I can't see them NOT letting this one slide through. Now don't think I am saying this because mattel is doing this out of the goodness of their hearts for you collectors/fans. Nope, it's because they are going to make a fortune off this cheap, hollow, fold out toy. At $250 a shot & selling that many already, they want this to go through. That's why their little sales boy, Scott is trying to push this thing for them so bad making lame videos & posts. For the $250 price tag they could have at least made it different than the old one & have a four wall castle. I'd be willing to bet if Hasbro ever brought back the Terror drome or USS Flag those toys wouldn't even be $250. They would be much bigger & better made. I really do feel for you true completist MOTU fans at over $20 a figure, over $30 for the animals, $50 for vehicles & now $250 for this castle. :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:55 pm 
4" scale

I'm guessing that there weren't enough orders to reach the goal but were close enough that Mattel is using this time to compute how they can make it happen - at which time they will open pre-orders again until January

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:02 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Clayface, what do you have against Scott? :?

I thought the videos were pretty funny. He's clearly a fan.

Hate on Mattel if you must, but Scott's been very generous and open with the collecting community (or at least as open as Mattel will let him be).

BTW TRU wants $250 for the BMF right now. So you're dreaming if you think the Terrordrome or FLAGG will be sold for less than that. Terrordrome plastic is comparable to the BML, but the FLAGG has much more. I'd be shocked to see it sold for less than $300 these days (and probably more).

I didn't get a castle because:

A) MOTU barely makes my top five in collecting. I didn't have the toys as a kid, didn't watch the show consistently, and didn't really get into MOTU until the 200x line.
B) I spent some money on an older castle literally weeks before this announcement at my LCS.
C) $250 is a lot of money, especially for something I'm gonna have to wait over a year to get.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:18 pm 
4" scale

Shellhead wrote:
C) $250 is a lot of money, especially for something I'm gonna have to wait over a year to get.

Buyers weren't charged the $250 upon pre-ordering. They were only making commitments to buy it if released next year. The expense will occur next year upon shipment.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:44 pm 
4" scale

Congrats MOTUC fans! Castle Grayskull is getting produced!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:46 pm 
shirtless hugger

Castle Grayskull is a go! Congrats, guys!

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/2012/11/13/castle-grayskull%C2%AE-lives-minimum-production-goal-hit/

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:53 pm 
Cold-cast

Shellhead wrote:
Clayface, what do you have against Scott? :?

Hate on Mattel if you must, but Scott's been very generous and open with the collecting community (or at least as open as Mattel will let him be).

IMO He's a corporate puppet who they see to put in the spotlight because he is " endearing " to the fans, but has lied to the collectors before. I met him personally at a convention & hung around the guy all day & he lied straight to my face. But hey I can't say I blame him, mattel's wages puts food on his table. But doesn't mean I have to believe his hype.

Shellhead wrote:
BTW TRU wants $250 for the BMF right now. So you're dreaming if you think the Terrordrome or FLAGG will be sold for less than that. Terrordrome plastic is comparable to the BML, but the FLAGG has much more. I'd be shocked to see it sold for less than $300 these days (and probably more).

I am totally out of some loop here. What is the BMF & the BML?

Terror Drome is a huge piece of plastic that is an actual fortress. For example as a kid, you could put figures in it to defend the fortress & the other figures would have to scale the walls, or fly in to get to inside. Grayskull was always cheap to me. Oh look He man & others are defending the fold out castle. Skeletor & company just walked around the back & they are inside the castle since there is no walls & it is a cheap fold out suitcase. I think you get what I am saying. That's why I believe that in no way is this toy worth $250 with the same design from the past. I admit, the " skull castle " always looked cool. But it was just cheaply made & designed. At $250 it should be so much more

Wildcard wrote:
Shellhead wrote:

Buyers weren't charged the $250 upon pre-ordering. They were only making commitments to buy it if released next year. The expense will occur next year upon shipment.

But eventually you will be paying $250 for this toy.

Besides how do they do that if they don't put some kind of hold with the money on your card?

Couldn't anyone just pre-order 50 of them at a time to " make the quota " But if what you are saying is true & if matty doesn't charge the card, they could just cancel that credit card before the year is up. matty couldn't charge that card & they wouldn't have gotten a new credit card number from the customer. So how could they hold them to purchase them. I mean this isn't a binding contract of a purchase if nothing was actually charged to the card right? I guess I don't get how this preorder actually works?

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. It went through. I figured they would make this work somehow. There was too much money to be made for them on such a cheaply made, but overly priced toy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:16 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

Clayface, do you actually enjoy collecting? All you ever seem to do is complain about Mattel. I'm very happy for those who ordered Castle Grayskull that its getting made.
And yes, the Big Milennium Falcon that used to cost $150 is now $250. And that's for a toy with molds already made. Costs have gone way up.
Good news folks, you voted with your hard earned dollars, and your voices were heard!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 63  Next