Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: MattyCollector Cyber Monday sale
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:49 am 
An Insider

So what do you guys hope will show up this year? I didn't participate in past sales because I had everything I already wanted but this year I just started collecting MOTUC so I have a ton of stuff I'm missing. What kind of deals were available in the past?

Post subject: Re: MattyCollector Cyber Monday sale
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:29 am 
shirtless hugger

I'm hoping against hope that we'll see some overstock DCUC two-packs up. I don't expect them to show up, but it would be a nice surprise if they did.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:38 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'm really hoping for the original Teela. She's the only early figure I need.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:48 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Shellhead wrote:
I'm really hoping for the original Teela.

Yeah, I'm waiting for that one to show up again... Really want another to display the blonde Teela head on...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:58 am 
Collector Inspector

How much is shipping usually off mattycollector?
This Uncle Sam figure has me intrigued. And it helps that he comes with a pack-in character.

After my visit to mattycollector.com. They made me fill out this little survey.
And in the box where it asks what country you are from, I totally put " 'Merica ".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:44 am 
Loose, Missing Package

DrGreenEvil wrote:
How much is shipping usually off mattycollector?
This Uncle Sam figure has me intrigued. And it helps that he comes with a pack-in character.

After my visit to mattycollector.com. They made me fill out this little survey.
And in the box where it asks what country you are from, I totally put " 'Merica ".

It's about $9 for a single figure.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:17 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I don't know if it is the Cyber Monday sale, or a seperate sale, but I am hoping they have their annual 'clear out stock' sale, and they get rid of the few items they were holding for customer product issues - I am hoping to get a DC LOSH set and the JLU Final 7 if they put those up.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:35 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Can anyone refresh my memory - is Cyber Monday the day Matty sells figures at half price? I'm remember something like a weekend long sale where prices fluctuated considerably...was that a Cyber weekend or something in spring?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:57 am 
ABS

DisneyBoy wrote:
Can anyone refresh my memory - is Cyber Monday the day Matty sells figures at half price? I'm remember something like a weekend long sale where prices fluctuated considerably...was that a Cyber weekend or something in spring?

Last year, on Cyber Monday, they did sell figures at half price. However there are no hard fast rules when it comes to Black Friday and Cyber Monday on MattyCollector:

2008 - MattyCollector just started and there were no sales.

2009 - The only "sale" was a DC holiday sale in December. Purchase 1-3 DC items at once and get 15% off, purchase 4 or more and get 25% off.

2010 - The first "Cyber Monday" sale at Matty Collector. For Cyber Monday only, all items were normal price, but you got a 10% discount if you purchased more than $100 in items (not including shipping and handling).

2011 - Black Friday weekend (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) sale items were 10% off. On Cyber Monday, any figures listed in the Black Friday sale that weren't already sold out dropped to 50% off. Then throughout the day, some figures appeared and disappeared at an hourly or bi-hourly rate. Some of the new figures were 50% off. Others were only 10% off. This upset a lot of people because it meant having to place a new order every couple of hours and overpaying on shipping (since MattyCollector doesn't combine shipping on separate orders).

Additionally, ToyGuru (Scott) has said not to expect anything like Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2011 ever again (he seemed to imply not to expect discounts that deep - 50%- again, but he may have meant the broad character selection).

So you see, there has not been any consistency when it comes to these Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:01 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Thanks for that recap. You're right, TG did say that wasn't likely to happen again.

Whatever their plans are/aren't, I hope they announce them soon, so people will know what's what.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 pm 
An Insider

They just announced it. Here are the details:
Quote:
Toy Fans,

Black Friday is great, but why stop at just one day? This year we’re starting our Black Friday sale a little bit early and we’re extending it a little bit longer. Be here at 9:00 a.m. PT on Wednesday morning November 21st and we’ll have items from some of your favorite lines at savings up to 30% off! The sale continues for six days, ending at 9:00 a.m. PT on Tuesday morning, November 27th. And be sure you check in often on Monday November 26th because flash sales and special pricing will come and go* and you never know what you might find!

This may be your last chance to snag some essential 2012 figures you missed that very likely won’t be back again. It’s also a great time to pick up a few gifts for friends or family, or just treat yourself to something (especially since you’ve been so good all year). Want to know what will be on sale? Come back to MattyCollector.com on Wednesday morning 11/21! Although I can’t tell you now which products you’ll find, we’re sure the sale will be a roaring success and we’re doing our best to conjure up some great deals that do justice to all our great lines ;)

Remember, the sale starts Wednesday, November 21st at 9 a.m. PT (12 noon ET). Want an email reminder? Click here to register. Or, join me on Facebook, Twitter and in our Fan Forums and you’ll get reminders there, too.

–Matty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:03 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

I'm hoping that it's not just 2012 MOTUC up for sale, but previous years as well. I have a good dozen figures I still need, but they haven't been rereleased yet.

I've been waiting for this announcement for a couple weeks now. I can't believe it took them so darn long.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:57 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

"Justice" to all our great lines. Cute. Wonder if there is any additional meaning behind that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:40 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Once I get Ram Man I am done with MOTUC. I decided that I'm just collecting the first few years of the Vintage line (except for Hordak) then I'll get them all AFA graded and done.

Wouldn't mind if they released the JLU 7 pack to pick up for a loose figures. I doubt they add it but a 2nd DCUC Legion boxset would be cool to open up.

I really dislike the Monday, items popping up all day thing. Last year it was kinda fun for a bit to see what showed up but after they a while it was annoying and there were things I wanted I didn't buy because of multiple orders as things sold out.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:01 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Man, I've got better things to do over the break than keep an eye glued on Matty's site. :roll:

Ah yeah, hopefully Teela will show up at some point.

Trade Rating +55 and counting