Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DCCU wave 3 (link to images in page 2)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:38 pm 
serves the Otter

http://dchallofjustice.com/news/?p=13488

Aquaman and Darkseid from New 52. Superman and Joker from Injustice.

Last edited by Christophe on Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: DCCU wave 3 announced at BBTS
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:47 pm 
shirtless hugger

Total pass for me. Thank God for Club Infinite Earths.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:29 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Nope, not interested at all in those. Thank you, Club Infinite Earths!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:32 pm 
serves the Otter

I wonder which Aquaman they're going with.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:18 pm 
shirtless hugger

Ivan Reis' could possibly be too new.

I haven't come to terms with New 52 figures yet, but I'd prefer the Lee version simply because it'd be the most different and the Horsemen could probably work really with it like they did Hawkman.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:28 pm 
serves the Otter

From what we've seen with Wonder Woman and Hawkman, it's likely you're right- they'll go with "first out" designs. The first Ivan Reis version is pretty much Brightest Day except for the trident.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:51 pm 
5" Scale

I'll save my apprehension until I see the protos of these. While I don't read the current 52 I'm not at all opposed, since they'll most likely reset things down the road.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:19 am 
declined to be a vampire

Joe G. wrote:
Total pass for me. Thank God for Club Infinite Earths.

Agreed, although I'm not as thrilled about CIE as you are :(

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:07 am 
An Insider

I'm actually looking forward to these. Unfortunately, Mattel won't be able to produce a properly sized Darkseid within the limits of their packaging.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:17 am 
5" Scale

Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
I'm actually looking forward to these. Unfortunately, Mattel won't be able to produce a properly sized Darkseid within the limits of their packaging.

yeah thats the only real issue I have, but I think 52 bats and supes are cool. Loving what I have seen of 52 Hawkman, Batgirl and Wonder Woman. So cant wait to see what else the 4HM come up with for the 52 stuff.

Only 52 figure Im not crazy about is that Flash, I just wish he didnt have all that yellow spark crap all over him

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:13 pm 
Resin

Not a thing here I want. Like was said, thank God for Club Infinite Earths.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:59 pm 
5th Horseman

OK!!!! I've had it. I'm furious! Here was a HUGE opportunity to release Mera. They are spending a lot of resources on new sculpts for all of these N52 designs- the one figure that would work and would be an instant sell through is Mera. Then if they were were smart they could smartly reuse parts for a red lantern Mera in Club infinite earths.

Instead we get ANOTHER Superman that doesn't look THAT much different to the one we got a few months prior. It just doesn't make sense.

Please explain how this is good for retail. Someone? Please?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:37 am 
categorically opposed

AnimateTed wrote:
OK!!!! I've had it. I'm furious! Here was a HUGE opportunity to release Mera. They are spending a lot of resources on new sculpts for all of these N52 designs- the one figure that would work and would be an instant sell through is Mera. Then if they were were smart they could smartly reuse parts for a red lantern Mera in Club infinite earths.

Instead we get ANOTHER Superman that doesn't look THAT much different to the one we got a few months prior. It just doesn't make sense.

Please explain how this is good for retail. Someone? Please?

One, I think people would flip the eff out if a sub slot was wasted on Red Lantern Mera. That would be a horribly wasted opportunity when someone that people actually want is passed up for Red Lantern Mera. They've said that the sub is concentrating on characters that haven't been done - and even though Red Hood was met with a resounding "meh," at least he hasn't shown up in the line yet. Reaction to a repaint that appeared in about four issues of a comic book coming in the sub would be disastrous.

Two, Mera does not fit with their current model for retail. Have you not noticed that every retail figure so far is a big name? Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Hawkman, Batgirl, the Penguin, Darkseid. Mera is not in the same league. She would not work with this new configuration. I mean, really - '90s Aquaman, Wally West, and Kyle Rayner aren't going to work with retail. Huntress doesn't work with retail. Saint Walker and Larfleeze don't work with retail.

But Mera does? Nope.

As for similar Supermen being released at the same time not being good for retail, it's no worse than the releasing the same Superman and Batman over and over were for JLU - and the line either thrived or limped on (depending on who you talk to) for years after that began. Also, he'll be getting a release just as Man of Steel is due to drop in theaters, so that won't hurt his sales.

Last edited by MoMoney on Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:00 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Hawkman? Big name, really? Oh yeah right... I forgot where I was again.
If a character exists and is prominent in the new DC Universe they have just about the same shot in the retail line up same as everyone else. Mera's only flaw is she is female. They always seem to be the hard sell at retail in any line.

I really hope we don't ever see a red lantern Mera in any form. as much as those multi-colored new guardians from Blackest Night were semi-cool, I think that one skittles wave really left a bad taste in people's mouths. Hell, you could argue that about Atrocticus, Saint Walker and Lafleeze. Personally I'm still hoping for an Indigo-1. I wouldn't be too upset by a red Mera simply because she finishes that New Guardians team off and should have been done then if any time. And I don't think any group of people who want her should be discounted because of another group of people's wants.

Also Huntress could be very arguable at retail, I mean if one thinks Hawkman is a big name then why not her? She's a Batman character and will be in Arrow and probably even turn up in Beware the Batman soon enough. She has the same Ivy argument for Batman Unlimited.

So all I want to say is... regardless of retail or subscription... they made a John Constantine... if that don't tell you anything is possible in both venues then nothing will!

But chucking Hawkman into a list of big names made me laugh.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:09 am 
categorically opposed

Van Statten wrote:
But chucking Hawkman into a list of big names made me laugh.

Hawkman has made it into every retail DC line ever - including the Super Friends line. He's far more recognizable than Mera. Based on what we've seen of the retail line so far, the odds of getting anything outside of that A and B list are slim to none.

As for Huntress, the fact that they included her in the sub and not retail indicates that she is not a candidate for retail. Even though she's a Bat-character, she doesn't have a bat on her chest, and that's probably her downfall.

Show someone on the street a picture of Hawkman, they're likely to get his name right. Show someone a picture of Huntress, and they're likely to look at you like you're crazy.