Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Which AzBat do you like best?
Poll ended at Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:29 am
Red AzBat... 35%  35%  [ 7 ]
Blue AzBat... 65%  65%  [ 13 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject: Which DCUC AzBat do you like best?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:29 am 
Brand Manager

Curious to find out which version you guys like best.

Post subject: Re: Which DCUC AzBat do you like best?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:02 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

I like the blue one. For me it's standard. I know Jean Paul quickly changed into the red one during Knight's End or maybe a bit before it, I only read those books once... back when they first came out on a Wednesday. But for me, it'll be the blue one. Doesn't change the fact the red still looks wicked cool.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:13 am 
serves the Otter

Of the two, I prefer the blue one as well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:41 am 
Bob Vila

I like the blue one, hate that the gauntlet blades were sculpted going the wrong way though. The red looks cool, his armour turned red after it was torched in fight if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:43 pm 
shirtless hugger

I don't have either one and I hate that the gauntlets have the spikes running the wrong direction. I like the blue version of the suit best as it still looks a little like Batman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:00 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I picked the Blue one because I haven't found a Red one yet.

Once I have them both in hand I'll decide if I want to change my vote or not.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:05 am 
Collector Inspector

Own the blue but love the red.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:52 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

funtime3 wrote:
Own the blue but love the red.

Ditto.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:53 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I pulled out my Knightsend issues to see just how long this costume was worn. It was introduced on the last page of Knightsend part 8 and then seen again in parts 9 and 10. There was fire present, but not a logical explanation as to why the blue so uniformly changed to red. So, the red Azbats costume was seen in just three issues, one of them for a single page only.

A bigger issue I have with the story that maybe somebody can help me with is that Bruce knowingly asks a known sociopath (Lady Shiva) for training help and in so doing, causes the deaths of at least two (probably more) people. To my knowledge, he made no attempt to bring Lady Shiva to justice. Later, he tells Jean Paul that he is not worthy of being Batman because he did nothing while a bad man, whom he could have saved, died. This strikes me as very hypocritical and makes Bruce as bad as Jean Paul. Both issues were written by Doug Moench.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:28 pm 
Brand Manager

I found a Red AzBat set in Ross for $12.99, and decided to keep both colors. The red one I'll keep with my Batman Rogues Gallery, while the blue one gets shipped to the Superman 90's section on account that he looks great next to Cyborg Superman.

As far as costumes go, it is clear that the armor was designed to be blue. There's just too much red on red in the last version. But there's something striking about the red version; probably because we are not used to seeing Batman in red. So it stands out. As to why? I believe it was an editorial decision meant to cement Azrael's turn to the darkside. Kinda how Superman's costume turns "darker" when he is evil. Anyways, I understand that comics are still a visual medium... meant for kids, so I'm not going to over think it. You know, on account that I get to keep both.

As for Lady Shiva, she is one of those characters that lives in the periphery of the Batman Universe. She is an assassin, so she has killed... but she is/was ranked as one of the top two Martial Artists in the DC Universe... so at one point she's helped train Tim Drake, when he was starting out (1st Robin Mini-series). She also had an interesting "thing" with Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) that I don't want to spoil, so as they say... it's complicated. But to be honest, Batman has always been "soft" with those that helped train him (Henri Ducard comes to mind); and he admits that learning from the best, often times meant dealing with the worst.

On a final note... I don't remember much of what was going on by the end of that series as I was getting tired of the writing. It bothered me that Doctor Kinsolving got "magical powers" and was able to heal Bruce; but then everyone forgot that Barbara Gordon needed help, too.

Anyways... I'm sure that Bruce's hangup was Doug and Dennis way of setting Grayson as Batman. It's just that their excuse to get Bruce out of the picture again (even though he was back at full strength) was pretty lame. Whatever. To be honest, there's a lot that's wrong with that series. I remember it fondly, but I don't think it was good. I guess it's some sort of mental paradox. I like Bane, but I'm old enough to remember that the whole Knightfall series was very similar to the original pre-crisis Jason Todd/Killer Croc Origin. It's weird 'cause I think the Killer Croc story was better, but Bane got more hype. And as a result, that's the one people remember. The thing is, I don't think Batman would've lost to Bane; even on his worst day. Not when all you have to do in order to beat him, is cut his Venom supply. Let's face it, in video games, Bane is strictly stage one. Hit the weak point and you're done.