Museum Super Collector.

Post subject: Re: THE LET'S DUMP ON WALMART THREAD
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:12 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

DAMN!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:07 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Stopped at Walmart (#3) this morning and found a Darkhawk. The manager did not want to price match HEB because it was not an advertised price, and would not believe me when I told her yes Walmart does match lower regular prices, I have done it before. Then she said "Let him have it, I am not supposed to argue with customers." like she was doing me a favor. All she really did was save her job. Walmart needs to train their managers better.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:16 pm 
MINT!

I try to avoid Walmarts so that I can avoid frustration. The three WMs near me never stock the toy aisles with what I'm looking for. ROMLs and G.I. Joes. And if anyone here would say that average intelligence is not a requirement for employment at WM then I agree.

I also use reusable bags to reduce the amount of plastic needed for everyday life. I'm just trying to do my part. This is just one thing among a lot of other things that may help our environment.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:36 am 
Loose, Missing Package

LordMudd wrote:
Stopped at Walmart (#3) this morning and found a Darkhawk. The manager did not want to price match HEB because it was not an advertised price, and would not believe me when I told her yes Walmart does match lower regular prices, I have done it before. Then she said "Let him have it, I am not supposed to argue with customers." like she was doing me a favor. All she really did was save her job. Walmart needs to train their managers better.

CCC.

Price matching policy changed quite a while ago. It *is* only on advertised (print) pricing now.

http://www.walmartstores.com/10563.aspx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:48 am 

Not what another manager said to a checker just 3 weeks ago when I did it.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:55 am 
Loose, Missing Package

LordMudd wrote:
Not what another manager said to a checker just 3 weeks ago when I did it.

CCC.

Don't know to what tell you on that, I just know it did change some time back. The (main) store manager came to a cashier's meeting some months ago and told us specifically that price matching was specifically limited to print ads and not in-store pricing. There should be orange signs on the poles above the registers that have a condensed version of that page linked above on them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:33 am 
proverbial old fart

Gawd, but I hate WM! I shop there because we have no real alternative with the demise of 99.8% of the local merchants. I have many friends that work there, but the company is just awful.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:35 am 

Walmart failed again. Oooooo, big surprise there. :wink:

I have a grocery store called Food Fair, it used to be Gerland's. It is the only one in the area that still doubles/triples coupons. I have 5 coupons for Richard's Cajun product. These are 35 cent mfg coupons that come on the package and do not expire. At Food Fair they will triple to $1.05, and the product is on sale there for 20 cents less than Walmart regular price. So I was there last night and ask for a manager. I ask her if they double/triple coupons. She said no. I then explained how the competitor store would still be 70 cents less even after they price matched. She said that their computers are not set up to do that so they won't read double/triples. I can save $1.75 at Walmart or $5.25 at Food Fair. Hmmmm, which would you choose?

Sounds to me like some IT people either need to go back to school or just be replaced.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:09 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

All I can say is, Walmart's been pretty good to me as far as toy collecting goes. Probably half my collection was bought at a Walmart, with 35-40% coming from Target/TRU, and the remainder my LCS, online, and various conventions/swap meets.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:17 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Until Marvel Legends Wal-Mart never carried a thing I collected. The DCUC selection had always been terrible... ever since Wave 5.

I see a nice selection of the 6" and 3 3.4" Marvel lines at my Walmarts and the DC stuff just never sees any replenishment.

And I owe Wal-Mart some thanks for not messing up my online order for my maskless Movie Spidey... that was nice to be able to order it online with like $2.00 shipping or something insanely low.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:40 pm 

Mind you I like Walmart, but I expect a company to keep promises like "low price guarantee" or "we will not be undersold." That is making a promise and if I come to you with a better deal and you won't even try, to me you have not kept your promise, and because I am the customer and you are in business because you want my money, that makes me right because if you don't think I am, someone else will come along who does.

Of course there probably isn't a whole lot I can do about it, but I still feel better venting about it.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:33 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I'm amazed that you still have stores that will double or triple coupons in your area.

We haven't seen anything like that in at least a decade out in my neck of the woods.

I don't see Walmart's policy of not price matching coupons to be an issue though. Price matching items on the shelf for the same retail? Absolutely. Price matching a stores decision to multiply apply a coupon, not so much.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:56 pm 

Cephus wrote:
I was in Walmart yesterday, their action figure section is still 1/3 of one side of one aisle, they don't carry Marvel Universe at all and it still looks like they haven't stocked at all. I got a picture of how pathetic they are that I might get around to posting one of these days.

I just felt like this belonged here too. :twisted:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:42 pm 

When I'm in a bad mood, little things really irritate me, and I have been in a really bad mood lately because I have had a sinus infection. One of those little things that always irritates me is when you go shopping and use your card and you want to use credit, but EVERY MACHINE IS DIFFERENT SO YOU NEVER KNOW WHICH BUTTON TO PUSH! :x
So I stopped in Walmart this morning and when I swiped my card and it ask for my pin, I noticed in the corner of the screen a little button that said "change payment." Now it is such a seemingly insignificant thing and so simple, yet why did it take so long for anyone to actually do it? I have to say I was actually impressed.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.