Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6082 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349 ... 406  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Universe (3-3/4" line)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:23 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Got my 2 each of Professor X, Jubilee and Blastaar from HTS. Very nice figures and ended up getting the variant Blastaar with the exploding hands or whatever they are so I'm good till the next wave :)

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Yeah, I got the glowing hands Blastaar has well. Not quite sure how I feel about that, but since I don't know if I'll ever find him at retail, I guess I'll live with it.

Professor X looks sharp.

Who else is in this wave besides Jubilee?

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:09 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

That's it, just those 3.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:17 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Well, you guys who have Prof X already know then he is sporting a GI Joe body. This kind of irritates me because of those damn screws in the upper inner thighs. I try no to use "those bodies for anything, just the other parts but never the legs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:06 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I really don't care about that stuff. Great figure, don't care what parts they use.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:11 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

billydj wrote:
Well, you guys who have Prof X already know then he is sporting a GI Joe body. This kind of irritates me because of those dang screws in the upper inner thighs. I try no to use "those bodies for anything, just the other parts but never the legs.

I don't find them to be noticable once he's in the chair.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:58 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Seeing as how I casually collect this line, I am totally out-of-the-loop on the baghead Spidey. Am I totally SOL on that one? My son wants it, and I am seeing $40+ on eBay, and I'm not willing to pay that. Are there more coming, and how common are they?

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:16 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

They are in the assortment with Jubilee, Prof X and Blastaar and have been in stock on HTS multiple times. I bought some and when I saw they were going for that much I dumped them (which paid for my Vision MOC ) and got 2 more a few weeks later. I think the price will go down though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:24 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Ah, thanks. I haven't seen any of that ass't on shelves here, so maybe there's hope. And knowing my son wants to open it, take the bag off, and use him to fight GIJoes makes it a tough sell at $40.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:11 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

ian5555 wrote:
They are in the assortment with Jubilee, Prof X and Blastaar and have been in stock on HTS multiple times. I bought some and when I saw they were going for that much I dumped them (which paid for my Vision MOC ) and got 2 more a few weeks later. I think the price will go down though.

Okay, this statement above. It makes me assume one thing and you know what word I'm referring to. If you dumped them on ebay or where ever at starting retail price or below, yeah, cool, if not, then not cool.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:02 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Oooh, hooray! It's time for the semi-annual "is scalping moral or not?" argument at AFI! Who brought the popcorn, 'cause I want some. I'm not participating this year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:23 pm 
Displays Backwards

Easiest way to combat scalping is don't buy from scalpers. Don't even think about it.

If the baghead Spidey is in the new MU 21 assortment, that's cool. But if those guys are only showing up at Wal-Mart, I'm outta luck, because none of the 3 Wal-Marts near me are carrying MU anymore. :( But they have plenty of other crap!

I don't know the last time I actually found a variant figure for this MU line - I do know it was a long long time ago. The one that really bums me out is Havok - I love his old costume. Why didn't Hasbro just make more of them so they could sell more figures? Marvel seems to insist on variants in their toy lines (MU, Mini-mates) and it makes it less fun, to me at least.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:55 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I have seen him multiple times on HTS and on Sci Fi so I do not think he'll be very hard to get if you check websites like those and IC often. I don't even look for figures anymore at stores really.

Wasn't going to entertain the scalping comment but I'm all out of popcorn so I'll just say I have no problem playing the game the way it is setup. If someone is going to charge $100+ for a figure I want and I can get it for spending $20 on 2 figures, selling them and buying the figure I need you are damn right I am going to do that and not lose a minutes sleep over it. I got a MOC Vision for $20 and some change basically so it doesn't sting quite as bad :)

If people here need him I'd be happy to keep an eye out for more of them at cost of course.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:57 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Here's the deal, I don't care for scalpers and I have in my mind of what a scalper is. If I had to deal with them on ebay, I wouldn't really know because I always get great service from the sellers I deal with. I don't deal with idiots on ebay who have outrageous buy it now prices, I don't want anything that bad. If I want multiples of a figure, it is for customs and I pay ebay prices or BBTS/IC prices. I would never go to the store and buy up all the figures of one character so I can get another figure or make certain figures for customs. I don't do that to kids and if I was in the US right now, I still wouldn't do it. This is all I am going to say on this.

I don't think I can wait until Feb. for the Hercules wave. I've wanted this figure for a very long time in this scale. I will get mutilples of Hercules to redo Piledriver, Thunderball, etc... and have secured that through IC/BBTS and if I buy all they have in stock, that's no big deal to me because these are collector sites and I have done this many of times. I have, in pieces now what used to be 6 bag head spideys. The majority of MU figures is all just fodder to me to be made into something much better.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:48 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Cool story bro, needs more dragons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6082 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 343, 344, 345, 346, 347, 348, 349 ... 406  Next