Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 63  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:29 am 
User avatar
categorically opposed
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2721
Location: Pittsburgh
So the "free gift" subscribers are getting for the Frosta debacle is...

a free figure shipped to us in December. Which one? We don't know - that's the "fun" of it.

In reality, this was a perfect way for Mattel to unload some of the leftovers that they can't seem to sell. I thought for sure that there'd be an uproar about it on the MOTUC forum on Matty, but so far, people are excited.

Whatever - it's definitely a cop-out in my eyes. Not that I was really excited about a free gift to begin with, but come on. This reeks of, "Hey, we have 17,000 Count Marzos that we can't give away on clearance - can we just send these instead of developing an actual gift?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:31 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10592
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
Just got this e-mail from Matty...

MattyCollector wrote:
As the year comes to a close, we wanted to say “thank you” for being a loyal Club Eternia® subscriber in 2012. It's been a great year with incredible highs (Fisto™, Rattlor™ - two vintage figures that surpassed even our expectations) the occasional minor misstep (Frosta's gloves), and more incredible highs (Griffin, a 200X beast, and Shadow Weaver - our first Filmation figure!).

So, to make sure you know how much we value your business and as promised at Power Con in noting the issue with Frosta's gloves, we're sending you a FREE gift… a basic Masters of the Universe® Classics figure will be included with your December subscription shipment! You won't know which one you're getting until it arrives and because it's our gift to you, shipping for this freebie figure is 100% paid by Mattel. While we originally thought this gift might not come until late next year, we wanted to end 2012 with a bang and make sure you get your free gift before the year is up!

Looking ahead, 2013 promises to be even more powerful! We'll start out the year with Ram Man® and Netossa™, then get ready for the arrival of the first Castle Grayskull® playset in 30 years.

Again, thank you for being a part of our MOTUC family. We wish you and yours the happiest of holidays!

The MattyCollector.com Team


While I understand that in reality we're getting left-over, unsold figures, I have to admit that I'm floored by the fact that they're actually sending out figures as the thank you/apology for Frosta's gloves...

EDIT: Mo, ya beat me to it...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:33 am 
User avatar
4" scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1523
While they didn't have to give the "gift," as a subscriber it means that I already have one of each figure. It's hard to get excited about it unless it was a previously unannounced basic figure.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:36 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10592
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
Wildcard wrote:
While they didn't have to give the "gift," as a subscriber it means that I already have one of each figure. It's hard to get excited about it unless it was a previously unannounced basic figure.


Just had a thought... Perhaps the figures will be 30th anniversary figures... Would almost make sense considering if a subscriber had the regular sub they didn't necessarily have the 30th sub...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:38 am 
User avatar
categorically opposed
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2721
Location: Pittsburgh
Jim_Abell wrote:
Just had a thought... Perhaps the figures will be 30th anniversary figures... Would almost make sense considering if a subscriber had the regular sub they didn't necessarily have the 30th sub...

Just what everyone who had a 30th sub needs - a second Photog or Cy-Chop.

;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:39 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10592
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
Another random pondering... I've got two subs, I have to wonder if I'll get two of the same figure or two different ones?...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:46 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10592
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
MoMoney wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:
Just had a thought... Perhaps the figures will be 30th anniversary figures... Would almost make sense considering if a subscriber had the regular sub they didn't necessarily have the 30th sub...

Just what everyone who had a 30th sub needs - a second Photog or Cy-Chop.

;)



When it gets closer to shipping time I'll start a seperate thread where we can post what we get just to kind of see if there was any one specific figure that they just had tons of left-overs on and I'll set up another where we can post what we don't want and try to trade around (provided everyone didn't get the same thing).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:45 am 
User avatar
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:38 am
Posts: 947
Location: Las Vegas, NV
I don't get why they keep sayin that its the first Castle Greyskull in 30 years, I do own the 200X one!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:09 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8274
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
I still don't see what was wrong with Frosta's gloves. They looked fine to me. :?

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 am 
User avatar
too much stick, not enough carrot
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3510
Location: The Great Country of Texas!
For whatever it's worth, since the figure won't cost you anything you could always just stick it up on ebay at 99 cent start + shipping. If it sells you're ahead a buck. :D

_________________
Go visit the JLU Customs Wiki - you won't be disapointed!

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:39 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 6247
Location: Shelbyville, KY
Shellhead wrote:
I still don't see what was wrong with Frosta's gloves. They looked fine to me. :?



Me as well-- but Ill take a free figure anyday for an apology for something I didnt see a problem with in the first place.

_________________
Fastest know derailer of threads in the know universe...expanded or otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:47 pm 
User avatar
Brand Manager
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:01 am
Posts: 2056
Location: J Street
stewbacca wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
I still don't see what was wrong with Frosta's gloves. They looked fine to me. :?

Me as well-- but Ill take a free figure anyday for an apology for something I didnt see a problem with in the first place.

It's a misnomer. The gloves are fine, it's the forearms that are wrong.
See for youself --> http://anerdoccurrence.com/2012/11/01/m ... ta-review/

Either way, that one's an easy fix. As opposed to you know... repairing Azrael's Gauntlets or King Hss & Roboto's shoulders. Oh well, any excuse is as good as the next, when you have warehouses full of Spectors & Laser-Lots. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

_________________
Essential JLU:...1. Jax-Ur...2. Robin (Grayson)...3. Trickster...4. Power Girl...5. Spectre
...6. Chronos...7. Killer Croc w/BabyDoll...8. Felix Faust...9. Poison Ivy...10. Deathstroke
Bonus:...Starfire, Steppenwolf w/Desaad, the Joker's Jokerz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:56 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8274
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
Wow.

That's a lot of angst about practically nothing.

Of course, I felt the same way with Roboto's shoulders.

I guess I'm just not as picky as some. :lol:

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:31 am 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6110
Location: Atlanta, GA
Jim_Abell wrote:


When it gets closer to shipping time I'll start a seperate thread where we can post what we get just to kind of see if there was any one specific figure that they just had tons of left-overs on and I'll set up another where we can post what we don't want and try to trade around (provided everyone didn't get the same thing).


I like this idea.

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:35 am 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6110
Location: Atlanta, GA
stewbacca wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
I still don't see what was wrong with Frosta's gloves. They looked fine to me. :?

Me as well-- but Ill take a free figure anyday for an apology for something I didnt see a problem with in the first place.

red Ricky wrote:
It's a misnomer. The gloves are fine, it's the forearms that are wrong.
See for youself --> http://anerdoccurrence.com/2012/11/01/m ... ta-review/

Either way, that one's an easy fix. As opposed to you know... repairing Azrael's Gauntlets or King Hss & Roboto's shoulders. Oh well, any excuse is as good as the next, when you have warehouses full of Spectors & Laser-Lots. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:


I didn't care about any of those "mistakes". And I'd gladly get rid of Spector or Laser-Lot. :roll:

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41 ... 63  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], tuning4k


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.059s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]