Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 261  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:20 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I came across an old article from www.superherohype.com, and found a list of partners for WB/DC Superman: Man of Steel movie. At the very bottom of the list, it does confirm that the DC Superfriends Imaginext will release Man of Steel items.

"Man of Steel will be supported by a renowned roster of partners, including DC Comics global master toy licensee, Mattel, with a wide range toy line including action figures, playsets and collectible figures, highlighted by the fan-favorite Movie Masters™ line. Also supporting Man of Steel will be LEGO, DC Comics global partner for the construction category; Rubie's Costume Company with a wide range of costume products based on the entire DC Comics portfolio, including Man of Steel; Noble Collection with a collectible line for true enthusiasts; apparel collections from Kinetics, Junkfood, Bioworld and global partner for DC Comics, Converse, with a graphically unique inspired line for Man of Steel; and global licensee Hallmark with party goods and ornaments; among many others. The Superman property will also see additional licensee support for fans of all ages, including Cardinals Industries' games and puzzles based on Man of Steel and Superman, and other legendary DC Comics characters; Jakks Pacific with a range of Superman collectible figures and novelty toys; PPW Toys' DC Super Heroes collectible line of Mr. Potato Heads, including classic Superman; Fisher Price's range of DC Super Friends Imaginext® toddler toy line; and Wonder Forge's DC Super Friends games and puzzles."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:44 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

For those still looking:

Found Aquaman and BatSub Batman ( I laughed for at least 30 mins looking at those big duck feet they gave him)
at Gordman's, and got 20% off via MMS coupon on the iPhone when it popped up before I hit the register! nice.

ToysRUs has the Cyborg and Commissioner Gordon's in my area. got both for my sun, as well as the repaint
moon rover batmobile/ batman pack.

Freeze Cave picked up at Walmart ( they were out of FreezePlane/Batjets).
Missed the the Harley Joker and WW/Supes 2 packs on Mattel
(was boycotting Black Friday and most online shopping for a couple of weeks...
Trying to get the CC paid down.;-) )

And anyone wanting the Batman Playset ( aka Oa playset, aka Space StationPlayset) it's at Aldi for $20.

So my 4 yr old's xmas is going to be great. May or May not get the Supes/WW for him off Amazon..$18 is a little high...
I remember passing on Superman when they were like $50 on Amazon, and 2 weeks later got one at Target for $10..so I don't know.

Now for Discussion:

So What does everyone think would make a Great Repaint / redeco for the Hall of Justice? Not the tri-Fold Batcave...and not the Samurai / Knights Castle...I'd hope for a new Sculpt, but probably not.

While Thinking about it, the Tri-Fold batcave will probably get redeco'd to make the Fortress of Solitude next year....

Last, why hasn't FP taken that dude with the Dinosaur Raptor and redeco'd him as Lex Luthor already?
He just screams (Super Powers Power Suit) Luthor to me.....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:52 am 
active in the community

JFAWWE wrote:
What does everyone think of the newer rounder heads with the eyes and mouths painted on (Supes, Aquaman, Gordan, Bane etc.)?

I like them but they almost make it look like two different toy lines. Do you think they will redo all of the heroes and villains like this?

I think they should at least redo Batman, Robin, Green Lantern, Hawkman, Flash, Two-Face and Penguin. The other figures are aliens or monsters and Riddler already has a Round head version.

I certainly hope not! I don't like the new style. I'm not surprised by it, mind you. If you look back at the history of the Imaginext line, Fisher Price has made it a habit of changing the design regardless of how popular the current design is. And, quite often, doing it in the middle of a product run.
So don't expect this incarnation to last long.
The head design is reminiscent of the old wooden Fisher Price Little People.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:03 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

The thought of the Superman line being expanded is pretty cool...earlier I posted some custom Lex pics, but I've also put a couple concepts together using some previously released figures...

http://public.fotki.com/mblaskewicz/lex-concept-2012/

The newest Buzz Lightyear (with space helmet and wings) is screeaming to be customized into a Lex..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:58 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Man it's been a while since I've posted.

I don't know about the Hall of Justice, but I can see retooling the space shuttle and tower or robot police play sets as some version of the JLA Watch tower. They could even turn the space shuttle into a Javelin space ship. I would however really enjoy seeing a Hall of Justice for this line. My only problem would be as a fan of the original Super Friends I would also want a Hall of Doom.

My seven year old recently confided in me that there were still two important characters not made. The first was Clark Kent to pal around with his Bruce Wayne, and more importantly was Alfred Pennyworth. While I'm sure there will probably be a Clark Kent once the new Superman movie comes out I couldn't get the ideas out of my head, so submitted for your approval I give you Clark Kent and Alfred.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:38 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

oh those are nice!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:03 am 
ABS

Speaking of Fisher-Price's Little People line, wouldn't it be interesting if they would use their new Disney Princess Little Mermaid coach (pulled by seahorse) as a base for an Aquaman/Mera coach? Maybe just different colors, an Aquaman figure and even use Ariel for Mera.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:09 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

The Little People line could use an expansion to be sure.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:13 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Larry your customs are top notch!

Can anyone help me? There's a generic round headed figure with tattoos - does anyone know what Imaginext set he came with?

Also any idea why is it so hard to find the Green Lantern Robot?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:20 pm 
Cold-cast

JFAWWE wrote:
Larry your customs are top notch!

Can anyone help me? There's a generic round headed figure with tattoos - does anyone know what Imaginext set he came with?

Also any idea why is it so hard to find the Green Lantern Robot?

There was a round headed figure that came with the Serpent Pirate Ship.
As for the Green Lantern Robot, it was a Target exclusive that they did not seem to have in large supply unlike their current exclusives, the Samurai Castle line and the Battle Arena line. Once they cleared out their inventory your only shot at getting the robot is on the secondary market like eBay, Amazon, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:47 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Thanks The_Joker13! That's the one I was looking for - I think he would make a fun Tattooed Man to add to my collection of Villains.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:22 am 
Cold-cast

Been kicking around an idea to recreate the JLU Watchtower for Imaginext ever since I saw the Ben10 Plumber Command Center go on clearance at the Target store I work seasonal at...and now it is more tempting since the other three pieces needed are on sale at TRU as well. Just not sure if the total cost is worth it in the end. With the sale prices and my employee discount at both stores it still is going to run nearly $65 to purchase, not including any customization that would need to be done...Let me know what you all think.

Here is a pic of the JLU Watchtower and the Ben10 version...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:47 pm 
shirtless hugger

I picked up the tall Batcave on Walmart.com for $33.00. I know it's been out for a little over a year but this is the best price I have ever seen on it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:34 pm 
Tis' but a pup

just picked up the joker harley quinn and supes and wonder women set at my local meijers.but still havent seen the new batman attack copter or the tumbler style batmobile.hopefully before the superman stuff start we can get a batgirl on her bike and the scarecrow that would be a great ending to the batman stuff.also this is to the custom guys.whats the best paint to use on these figures?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:07 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Re: this is to the custom guys.whats the best paint to use on these figures?

I've used several paints from stores but mostly get Testors Acrylics online now. You can get acrylic and laquer based model paints in most craft/art stores, but try to avoid enamel based car model paints. They can actually dissolve the plastic on the figure.

My decisions are usually dependent on whether the figure will be purely for display, photo-ready or if there's a chance of it getting put in my 4-year old's hands (and mouth of course). I've tested sharpie markers, paint pens and other cheaper store bought items and most turn out okay.

For display only jobs, I'd recommend lightly spraying afterwards with a low floss fixative to seal in the shine and to keep from scratching.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102 ... 261  Next