Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:00 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Glad they released TOD Sorceress early. December is going to be an expensive month. For once I'm glad there aren't any re-issues.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:04 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Got my Cyber Sale figures.

Stratos is kinda meh, but I knew that when I bought him.

Vikor is surprisingly good! Nice accessories. I especially like the real metal links on his bracers.

This month I'm getting Mosquitor and maybe Procrustus. The dragon is too silly looking for my taste.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:11 pm 
Hat Pooper

i have skeletor and battlefield evil lyn and mossman and webstor in my collection and i love them.

i can only find them on ebay for sale in uk as toy websites are even more expensive asking £44.99 for he-man not inc postage whereas i just bought he man the re issued 1 on ebay for £30 inc postage today.

but im thinking of getting another one from ebay but cant make up my mind between
trapjaw
dragon blaster skeletor
mer man
snake man at arms

if any of you guys have these figures what do you think is best? as will be my last figure until after xmas now
i love skeletor so im swaying towardsis dragon blaster skeletor but is he any good? as i hear the battle armour skeletor chest action doesnt work and you manually have to swap the damage plates unlike the spinning original and also if his armour comes off he has a purple chest so im wondering what dragon blaster skeletor is like? if you have him let me know what you think

thanks guys

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:12 pm 
Hat Pooper

i have skeletor and battlefield evil lyn and mossman and webstor in my collection and i love them.

i can only find them on ebay for sale in uk as toy websites are even more expensive asking £44.99 for he-man not inc postage whereas i just bought he man the re issued 1 on ebay for £30 inc postage today.

but im thinking of getting another one from ebay but cant make up my mind between
trapjaw
dragon blaster skeletor
mer man
snake man at arms

if any of you guys have these figures what do you think is best? as will be my last figure until after xmas now
i love skeletor so im swaying towardsis dragon blaster skeletor but is he any good? as i hear the battle armour skeletor chest action doesnt work and you manually have to swap the damage plates unlike the spinning original and also if his armour comes off he has a purple chest so im wondering what dragon blaster skeletor is like? if you have him let me know what you think

thanks guys

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:34 pm 
ABS

deadpool wrote:
trapjaw
dragon blaster skeletor
mer man
snake man at arms

thanks guys

Personally from your list of characters, I say Trap Jaw is the best. He is almost like 2 figures in one. Trap Jaw comes with 2 heads and 4 arms so there are a lot of display options. Additionally, the figure features some of the best sculpting the 4H have done. The Four Horsemen designed Trap Jaw's belt so that it can hold the extra arm attachments that are not in use around the belt loops. They even sculpted what's behind Trap Jaw's metallic jaw (and it isn't very pretty!). Additionally, out of all those characters we are pretty much sure now that Trap Jaw is sold out from MattyCollector and will not be available for sale again (so his Ebay prices will start to skyrocket pretty soon). So TrapJaw would be my choice, but that's just my personal opinion.

With regards to the 2 Skeletors that you mentioned, they are intriguing figures but still only variants of Skeletor. Since you already have a Skeletor, you might want to get a new character instead of just a repaint/variant of a character you already possess. You are right that Battle Armor Skeletor does not have the vintage "action" feature of showing the damage. Battle Armor Skeletor is pretty much the same as the regular skeletor but has armor with 3 different plates (and purple feet). On the vintage figure all you had to do was tap the armor and it would cycle between no damage, a single strike of damage, or two strikes of damage. The Classics Battle Armor Skeletor has armor that you have to detach, slip the plate (either no damage, 1 strike of damage, or 2 strikes of damage) underneath, and then reattach the armor to show the same battle damage as the vintage. One plus to this figure is that he comes with a purple axe accessory.

Dragon Blaster Skeletor is a little bit different than the standard Skeletor. He comes with purple painted Kobra Kahn boots and purple feet instead of the standard scalloped boots and blue feet that the regular Classics Skeletor had. He also has new armor (that is removeable) and a chain to hold onto his dragon pet. A lot of vintage fans were upset by the look of the dragon head (calling it too "cartoony" to have so many bulging teeth). Additionally, the dragon is not really articulated to be his own separate character (he only really looks good attached to Skeletor). Many people have opted to switch out the pet dragon's head with the head of Draego-Man to make a more impressive-looking dragon. A bonus is that Dragon Blaster Skeletor came with the third Masters mini-comic. One more word of warning for Dragon Blaster Skeletor: He suffers from being painted-over black plastic (or "Blastic" as the He-Man.orgers call it). Most figures are usually cast in whatever color is most dominant on that figure's design (so Skeletor is usually cast in blue plastic, MerMan pieces are cast in green, He-Man pieces are cast in flesh-toned plastic). This past summer/fall, it was discovered that several figures were actually cast in black plastic as a cost-saving measure and were just painted to appear the correct color. While this is not an issue on it's own, several people have noticed that the paint scrapes off rather easily off of these "Blastic" figures. Many of the figures have black peeking out around joints and anywhere that might have gotten scraped (this includes the paint on hands when trying to make a figure hold a weapon). Unfortunately, due to Skeletor's bright blue color, the black scrape marks are very noticeable.

Ultimately the choice is yours. Make sure that you get whatever figure would make you happy and fits into your collection the best. I have tried to highlight the pros and cons of both Skeletor variants just so that you can make an informed decision. However, the end deciding factor is will this figure make you happy or not. Good luck with your decision!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:39 am 
shirtless hugger

I started collecting MOTU Classics with Mer-Man because he was sculpted so well (and came with two heads!), but BlackCanary is right: Trap Jaw is way cooler. Get that one first.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:10 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Trap Jaw and Mer-Man for sure!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:57 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Quote:
Dear Club Eternia® Subscriber,

We wanted to let you know we've just heard our shipment of Procrustus™ figures has been delayed. We'll receive him in waves and will ship out subscription orders as supplies are received. If you have multiple subscriptions that are combined, your orders will be held until Procrustus™ arrives. We're hopeful the delay won't be too long, but plan on an approximate 1 to 3 week delay just to be safe.

Merry Christmas, you just got Matty'd :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:19 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Matty (and Digital River) had nothing to do with that. Striking dock workers did. So instead you got Union'd!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:41 pm 
Hat Pooper

thanks very much for all the info you shared was very helpful! annoyingly i was outbid in the last seconds on trapjaw but tonight i won dragon blaster skeletor and the yellow evil lyn and a vintage battlecat and armour so im still chuffed!

im going to swap dragon blaster skeletor armour around with my original skeletor armour so he has the purple feet and better arms.
my next motu will be
trapjaw
stinkor
snake man at arms
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:09 am 
Daniel Pickett

Here's an early look at Mosquitor

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main ... -insectoid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:03 pm 
4" scale

Jim_Abell wrote:
When it gets closer to shipping time I'll start a seperate thread where we can post what we get just to kind of see if there was any one specific figure that they just had tons of left-overs on and I'll set up another where we can post what we don't want and try to trade around (provided everyone didn't get the same thing).

I got a Merman as my free gift

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:49 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Wildcard wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:
When it gets closer to shipping time I'll start a seperate thread where we can post what we get just to kind of see if there was any one specific figure that they just had tons of left-overs on and I'll set up another where we can post what we don't want and try to trade around (provided everyone didn't get the same thing).

I got a Merman as my free gift

I got 2 of him, as well... From the posts over at the .org is seems like the first shipments are almost all Mer-Man with a sprinkling of Sy-Klone, Buzz-Off and Stratos. What say you guys- you want a seperate thread for the free fiasco figure arrivals?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:07 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

Jim_Abell wrote:

I got 2 of him, as well... From the posts over at the .org is seems like the first shipments are almost all Mer-Man with a sprinkling of Sy-Klone, Buzz-Off and Stratos. What say you guys- you want a seperate thread for the free fiasco figure arrivals?

If you so desire. I'm not sure there's enough of us MOTUC fans here for it warrant a separate thread though. Oh, and I got Stratos. :|

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:49 am 
Tis' but a pup

I got Stratos too. Actually lucked out there, since I didn't already have him (I didn't have Buzz-off either, but of the two, I definitely prefer Stratos).

I even lucked out in a second way; the fingers on Stratos' left hand were "warped" into a loosely curled fist, meaning he can actually hold some of the thicker weapons pretty well. One of my biggest hesitations on getting him earlier was that he didn't have a grasping hand to equip anything.

But yeah, hearing about people with multiple subs getting 2 or 3 or 5 Mermans... it's cool that Mattel went ahead and gave us free figures instead of something like a sticker sheet, and that we got them now, instead of in a year. But it would still be kind of nice if they weren't blatantly doing this in the laziest way possible. Unless their thinking is "well, if the subber wanted 5 Mosquitors, then he probably wants 5 of the same bonus figure too!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 63  Next