Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Transformers 4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:58 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Transformers 4 Eyes China Shoot

by SuperHeroHype

November 15, 2012

With casting now in full swing, Michael Bay's upcoming Transformers 4 is working out where its production will take place. A new report from Vulture suggests that the film has earmarked China to both shoot and take place in.

Because of China's economic policy regarding foreign releases and the nation's importance at the international box office, having a connection to the nation helps ensure that Transformers 4 gets a Chinese release. As to how much that will impact the story (which was, early on, rumored to take place primarily in outer space) remains to be seen.

Transformers 4 will begin production in spring of 2013 with Mark Wahlberg currently the only actor confirmed to star. The film will be produced by Don Murphy & Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce, and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:34 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Peltz and Thwaites Joining Wahlberg in Transformers 4?

by SuperHeroHype

December 10, 2012

Following the casting of Mark Wahlberg in Michael Bay's Transformers 4 comes word from Twitch about the actors that have landed the other two major roles that were previously described as a female high school student (and daughter of Wahlberg's character) and her boyfriend, a racecar driver.

The site says that The Last Airbender and "Bates Motel" star Nicola Peltz is set for the role of Wahlberg's daughter, while Brenton Thwaites (Maleficent) will play the boyfriend.

The casting has not been confirmed by either Michael Bay or Paramount Pictures.

Transformers 4 is scheduled to hit theaters on June 27, 2014.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Exclusive: Mark Wahlberg Updates on Transformers 4

by SuperHeroHype

December 14, 2012

Last month, Mark Wahlberg officially landed a role in Transformers 4. ComingSoon.net caught up with the star at a press junket for his upcoming Broken City and talked a bit about his hopes for the franchise reboot.

"I'm really excited about 'Transformers,'" Wahlberg says. "Michael Bay and I just did 'Pain & Gain' and we had such a good time making it. He came to me and said, 'I'm kind of doing a whole different reboot on 'Transformers.' Are you interested?' I said, 'Yeah, I'll do it!'. I loved the idea and I think we can make something really cool and kick-ass. This is not something where it's already established and I'm just in there to get a paycheck. I'm thinking this is the most important role of my career and I can do something really special."

The current plan is for Transformers 4 to shoot in May and see a release on June 27, 2014. Adding to Wahlberg's excitement is the anticipation from a very specific demographic.

"It's the only time my kids have ever been interested in a movie I'm making," he laughs.

Check back soon for the full video interview and catch Broken City, directed by Allen Hughes, in theaters on January 18.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:25 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jack Reynor Takes Transformers 4 Lead

by SuperHeroHype

January 08, 2013

A rumored contender from late last year's short list, Jack Raynor has officially been chosen to play a leading role in Michael Bay's upcoming Transformers 4. Bay himself issued the following statement on his official site:

I just hired a great new actor for Transformers 4 to star against Mark Wahlberg. Jack Reynor, he is an Irish kid that came to America with 30 bucks in his pocket. Pretty ballsy. Seriously who does that? Anyway I spotted him in a great little Irish movie WHAT RICHARD DID. This kid is the real deal.

Transformers 4, is not a reboot. That word has been floating around on the net.

This movie takes place exactly 4 years after the war in Chicago. The story makes a very natural transition, and reason as to why we have a whole new cast. This Transformers will feel very different then the last three. We are embarking on a new trilogy.

Michael

Set for release on June 27, 2014, Transformers 4 will begin production this spring. The film will be produced by Don Murphy & Tom DeSanto, Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Ian Bryce, and executive produced by Steven Spielberg, Bay, Brian Goldner and Mark Vahradian.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:07 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Michael Bay Offers a Transformers 4 Update

by SuperHeroHype

February 02, 2013

With his Transformers 4 gearing up to shoot in May, Michael Bay spoke with Forbes about what fans can expect to see on the big screen in the summer of 2014.

"We’re going to start off smaller," says Bay. "There’s a brand new cast. To freshen the franchise, we’ve redesigned everything from top to bottom. The history of the first three movies is still there. We start four years later and there’s a reason why we’re meeting a new cast."

Among the new cast are Mark Wahlberg and Jack Reynor, the former of whom also stars in Bay's next, Pain & Gain, which hits theaters April 26.

"Mark is really excited about it and it’s a great redesign," Bay continues. "I said that 3 was going to be my last one. Paramount was letting me do 'Pain & Gain' and the 'Transformers' ride was opening at Universal and it was bittersweet to think of passing it off. I wanted to set it up on a really sure footing and to bring someone else in on that, it would have been overwhelming."

Although the plan is for Transformers 4 to offer a fresh start in a lot of ways, Bay is quick to point out that the sequel won't be a reboot.

"We keep the 'Transformers' the way they were," he says. "It’s just four years later. There’s a reason the Transformers are redesigned. We’re trying to broaden the franchise and give it more places to go."

Transformers 4 hits theaters on June 27, 2014.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:31 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura Updates on Transformers 4

by SuperHeroHype

February 04, 2013

Just one day after Michael Bay himself offered an update on the soon-to-shoot Transformers 4, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura spoke with MTV about the future of the series and dropped hints that Bay's departure from the franchise after the fourth film is far from a done deal.

"I can't speak for Michael," di Bonaventura says, "I would hope he would [stick around]. It would be great. There's certainly something, in our design of this, that's going to be an ongoing story... As long as the audience shows up for us, there's a lot of stories still to be told."

He also spoke about the plans to relaunch the franchise with brand-new characters while maintaining the continuity of the first three films.

"There's a lot of new elements," he says. "I wouldn't say that we completely changed this world and yet it's completely different. There are new characters. There are new situations. I don't think we revisit a single location."

Transformers 4 is set to star Mark Wahlberg and Jack Reynor and will hit theaters on June 27, 2014.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Kelsey Grammer Boards Transformers 4

by SuperHeroHype

May 01, 2013

Kelsey Grammer has joined the cast of Michael Bay's Transformers 4 as a human villain named Harold Attinger. Deadline reports that the Attinger character is a counterintelligence officer.

Grammer joins Mark Wahlberg, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz and Stanley Tucci in the June 27, 2014 release. Although the plot of sequel is still top secret, Bay teased to ComingSoon.net that it will involve a "Chase from Hell."

Best known for his 20-year stint as Frasier Crane (split between nine seasons of "Cheers" and 11 seasons of "Frasier"), Grammer is also well-known to genre audiences for his appearance as Hank "Beast" McCoy in Brett Ratner's X-Men: The Last Stand.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:37 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Sophia Myles Joins Transformers 4

by SuperHeroHype

May 06, 2013

Sophia Myles (Underworld) is the latest name to join the cast of Michael Bay's Transformers 4, says a story today at The Wrap. Her role has not yet been officially confirmed, but the outlet is reporting that she'll play a scientist.

ComingSoon.net, meanwhile, spoke today with actor Tyrese Gibson, who appeared in the first three Transformers films and who is now promoting his latest blockbuster, Fast & Furious 6. He says that he's hoping to make a return as Master Sergeant Robert Epps for the fourth big screen adventure.

"I hope that I get that call," Gibson says. "I hear there's some kind of conversation that Josh [Duhamel] had with Michael Bay about coming back for Four. I hope I get that call. 'Transformers' is still the only tattoo I've ever gotten on my body. We never had a cartoon called 'Fast & Furious' when we were kids. I had 'Transformers' when I was a kid and it was one of my favorite cartoons. I grew up understanding that 'Transformers' world and that 'Transformers' universe."

Check back soon for the full Gibson interview.

Myles, meanwhile, joins Mark Wahlberg, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz, Kelsey Grammer and Stanley Tucci in the June 27, 2014 release. Although the plot of sequel is still top secret, Bay teased to ComingSoon.net that it will involve a "Chase from Hell."

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:54 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Come on, no Jon Turturro? Seriously? Ugh.

One man, alone, abandoned by the country he loves...
STOP saying that!

Bwahahahaha...

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:26 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Li Bingbing Joins Transformers 4

by SuperHeroHype

May 19, 2013

Chinese superstar Li Bingbing has joined the cast of Michael Bay's Transformers 4, says a story today at The Hollywood Repoter. Her role has not yet been officially confirmed, but she joins Mark Wahlberg, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer and Sophia Myles in the franchise sequel.

Although the plot of sequel is still top secret, Bay teased to ComingSoon.net that it will involve a "Chase from Hell."

Bingbing is well known to American audiences for playing Ada Wong in Paul W.S. Anderson's Resident Evil: Retribution.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:54 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

What New Autobots and Decepticons May Appear in Transformers 4?

by SuperHeroHype

May 21, 2013

JoBlo is reporting that a source of theirs has learned about several classic Transformers characters that are rumored to appear in the upcoming Transformers 4. Their source lists the Dinobots and fan favorite Grimlock as being set to appear, and they even report there will be a scene in the film where Optimus Prime and Bumblebee ride the Dinobots into battle. In addition, their source says the Autobot Hound and a former Decepticon described as a "samurai" will appear as newcomers. They also report that, in a move to replace the deceased Megatron, Galvatron will be making his big screen debut in the movie.

The site does acknowledge that these are all just rumors at this point, and we would like to point out that similar rumors regarding the Dinobots and others have surfaced for every Transformers sequel previously. Check back here for confirmation on the matter in the future.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:42 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Want to Be an Extra in Transformers 4?

by SuperHeroHype

May 24, 2013

Transformers 4 is set to begin production later this summer in Detroit before jumping all over the globe throughout the year. If you're in the area and want to try out for a role in the film, CBS Detroit has the details for you.

The casting directors for the film are looking for male and females at least 18 years old to play "clean-cut business persons, military, or FBI agents." In addition, they're looking for Asian families of all ages. Those interested in participating should visit the Somerset Inn in Troy, Michigan on Friday, May 31 and Saturday, June 1 between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. The roles in the film require you to be available for filming from June until August.

Production for Transformers 4 will move to Chicago after filming in Detroit wraps up. The shoot will then move to Hong Kong in September before making its final stop in China in October.

Mark Wahlberg, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz, Sophia Myles, Li Bingbing, Kelsey Grammer and Stanley Tucci are set to star in the June 27, 2014 release.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:58 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Photos From Transformers 4 Reveal New Autobots

by SuperHeroHype

May 28, 2013

The very first photos from Michael Bay's Transformers 4 are here, courtesy of Yahoo! Movies. They show off two of the stylish car forms that key Autobots will take on in the 2014 franchise sequel. Check out the images below of both a special race-inspired C7 Corvette Stingray, based on Chevrolet's upcoming 2014 production car and a $2.4 million Bugatti Grand Sport Vitesse.

The Wrap is also reporting that comedian T.J. Miller has joined the cast of the sci-fi action adventure. He'll play a mechanic friend of Mark Wahlberg's character, also starring opposite Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, Sophia Myles and Li Bingbing in the June 27, 2014 release.

Although the plot of sequel is still top secret, Bay recently teased to ComingSoon.net that it will involve a "Chase from Hell."

Miller is known for big screen roles in films like Cloverfield, She's Out of My League and, as a voice, in How to Train Your Dragon.

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:12 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Newly-Designed Optimus Prime for Transformers 4 Revealed!

by SuperHeroHype

May 28, 2013

Following the reveal of two new Autobots on Tuesday, Transformers 4 director Michael Bay has now also provided a first look at the "completely upgraded, custom-built Optimus Prime from Western Star (a subsidiary of Daimler Trucks North America)."

Starring Mark Wahlberg, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, Sophia Myles, Li Bingbing and T.J. Miller, the fourth installment hits theaters on June 27, 2014.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:49 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Image of Transformers 4's Newly-Designed Bumblebee Released

by SuperHeroHype

May 30, 2013

Having already revealed two new Autobots and the re-designed Optimus Prime, Transformers 4 director Michael Bay has now released a first look at the new Bumblebee which is now "a highly modified, vintage 1967 Camaro SS."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next