Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Matty JLU Toyman/Dr.Destiny/Firefly 12/17, Last of the J
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:02 am 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

Is it possible that somebody could pick an extra pack for me, I can pay cost and shipping on Wednesday, please and thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:11 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Wow, what a great sendoff. 3 pack of uniques. All great (final) additions! I'm sad to see this line end, it really was a focus for me for many years and they put out so many great figures.

Thanks to Mattel and Toyguru for making this happen.

I hope one day we get a few more collectors' packs via matty, but sounds like that's a pretty tough sell at this point. Always hope, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 am 
Cold-cast

Well done Mattel. Despite the ups and downs, JLU is possibly my favorite all-time figure line. Thanks for releasing these final figures.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:33 am 
5" Scale

batfink wrote:
Well done Mattel. Despite the ups and downs, JLU is possibly my favorite all-time figure line. Thanks for releasing these final figures.

agree its amazing to sit and look at my collection, cant wait to get this last 3 pack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:02 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Although Im sad to see it go-- Im fine with it-- we got every figure shown in some form or another (Volcana is volcana to me-- id get the new version- but the sculpt has been released)

I hate to see lines I collect disappear (sometimes :lol: )-- but as long as I get everything planned or shown-- Im fine when it goes-- much worse is having the what could have been departure (see super hero squad, action league or Darkwing Duck)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:08 am 
Brand Manager

JuliusMarx wrote:
texgnome1 wrote:
Julius, just out of curiosity, do YOU think they'll ever revisit this line? 20th anniversary, anything like that?

Unfortunately ...no. As much as we all love this line...there are just not enough people still buying JLU for them to put any more $$ into the line. The numbers just don't add up for more.

It's too bad Mattel has tunnel vision when it comes to their DC Animated properties. 'Cause I still see some potential. Maybe it's the fact that when I turn on my TV every Saturday Morning, I see a renaissance of DC Animated properties. From JLU on the CW Vortex, to Green Lantern & Young Justice on Cartoon Network... it's still a good time to be a DC fan. And I'm pretty sure that, in some way, shape, or form, this lineup of cartoons is silently ushering a new generation of fans.

So basically....

If Mattel wanted...

They could still merge these misfits lines (that weren't strong enough to succeed on their own) into one that combines the best of 3 worlds. For a limited time, they should do as they did when they merged Batman Begins, Arkham City & DCUC into Batman Legacy. You know... to see if there is a market for a line that combines the best of these properties at an affordable price.

All they have to do is try to find a way to keep costs down. (Which is something they really need to do with ALL their lines.) But I think that adding a couple of hard to find JLU figures to some of the unproduced Green Lantern figures (like Atrocitus, Kilowog & Zilius Zox) and merging them with the Young Justice figures (like Arsenal, Black Manta, Captain Marvel, Batgirl & Lagoon Boy) is the way to go.

After all, the money has already been invested and the figures look great. It's the execution that needs work. And the distribution. And the case packouts. But that's where a true good manager would shine.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:11 pm 
Tis' but a pup

stewbacca wrote:
Although Im sad to see it go-- Im fine with it-- we got every figure shown in some form or another (Volcana is volcana to me-- id get the new version- but the sculpt has been released)

I hate to see lines I collect disappear (sometimes :lol: )-- but as long as I get everything planned or shown-- Im fine when it goes-- much worse is having the what could have been departure (see super hero squad, action league or Darkwing Duck)

Aw man, why did you have to mention Darkwing Duck? I was just getting to the acceptance part of the grieving process over that second wave of figures. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:36 pm 
5" Scale

red Ricky wrote:

It's too bad Mattel has tunnel vision when it comes to their DC Animated properties. 'Cause I still see some potential. Maybe it's the fact that when I turn on my TV every Saturday Morning, I see a renaissance of DC Animated properties. From JLU on the CW Vortex, to Green Lantern & Young Justice on Cartoon Network... it's still a good time to be a DC fan. And I'm pretty sure that, in some way, shape, or form, this lineup of cartoons is silently ushering a new generation of fans.

So basically....

If Mattel wanted...

They could still merge these misfits lines (that weren't strong enough to succeed on their own) into one that combines the best of 3 worlds. For a limited time, they should do as they did when they merged Batman Begins, Arkham City & DCUC into Batman Legacy. You know... to see if there is a market for a line that combines the best of these properties at an affordable price.

All they have to do is try to find a way to keep costs down. (Which is something they really need to do with ALL their lines.) But I think that adding a couple of hard to find JLU figures to some of the unproduced Green Lantern figures (like Atrocitus, Kilowog & Zilius Zox) and merging them with the Young Justice figures (like Arsenal, Black Manta, Captain Marvel, Batgirl & Lagoon Boy) is the way to go.

After all, the money has already been invested and the figures look great. It's the execution that needs work. And the distribution. And the case packouts. But that's where a true good manager would shine.

You just refuse to see facts man. They made a JLU 7 pack with all new figures in it and they still have them left. They showed up in their thanksgiving sale.

DC figures do not sell the way the did. Its over and it is not coming back any time. Retailers dont want it and fans are not willing to pay that much for animated figures anymore.

Move on.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:52 pm 
ABS

I was expecting this one to sell out within hours. I'm glad it didn't because I got mine when I got home from work, but also, this shows mattel that there is no fan demand or interest in these little guys anymore. Glad they made them, very pleased and satisfied.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:55 pm 
5" Scale

princeofpop98 wrote:
I was expecting this one to sell out within hours. I'm glad it didn't because I got mine when I got home from work, but also, this shows mattel that there is no fan demand or interest in these little guys anymore. Glad they made them, very pleased and satisfied.

These last JLU items will be showing up in matty sales for at least the next couple years

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:22 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

I don't know about that, but I'm glad to see them released.

Anyone else notice, though, that the final word on the back of the last pack is an error?

"JLA", Mattel? Really?

:lol: :roll: One last goof-up for this line. Classic.

Nice review Julius. It'll be great to hear from the people behind these toys about the ups and downs and all the rest.

And I too continue to mourn the loss of Darkwing Duck Wave 2. That would have been amazing.

Looking forward to getting these (someone trade with me)!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:18 pm 
MINT!

DisneyBoy wrote:
Anyone else notice, though, that the final word on the back of the last pack is an error?

"JLA", Mattel? Really?

Going out with a Bang!!! :P

Sigh - So much figures left...but it was a hell of a run! :D

I will miss them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:45 am 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

DisneyBoy wrote:

"JLA", Mattel? Really?

Nice review Julius. It'll be great to hear from the people behind these toys about the ups and downs and all the rest.

And I too continue to mourn the loss of Darkwing Duck Wave 2. That would have been amazing.

Looking forward to getting these (someone trade with me)!

I think JLA and JLU are interchangeable. Of all the things to nitpick at Mattel over, this isn't one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:50 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

DisneyBoy wrote:

"JLA", Mattel? Really?

That is not a mistake, they are the JL or JLA. Can use either and you wouldn't say "clashing with the entire JLU" LOL

Also totally agree with what Fball13z said once again. DC Animated is just not a viable property anymore and probably hasn't been for some time.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:30 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Okay, as comic book people I get that we all know that the titles JL/JLA kinda stand for the same thing...

...but never in the entire DCAU run were they ever referred to as the "Justice League of America" in any of the shows. It was always Justice League or Justice League Unlimited.

So yeah, it's a mistake. But :lol: folks. I'm not up-in-arms. I just think it's funny that they didn't even write the name of the team correctly on the very last package.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next