Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Transformers Rescue Bots?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:22 am 
Knows his stuff

Didn't see a separate topic for these little guys so I thought I'd start one. I've been collecting Imaginext DC stuff for a while now (for myself and my 3 year old) and eventually started collecting the Hasbro equivalent figures (Star Wars, Marvel, and Transformers).
I just found out (and tracked down through Ebay) about these figures (See Pics below) and am wondering if anyone has seen them at retail:

and

There is also going to be a BLADES character as well (pics were shown at SDCC) but I don't believe he is out yet.

I purchased all of these through Ebay for myself but would like to pick up another set for my son once available at retail. Just thought I'd put feelers out there to see if/when they are hitting retail and where they are showing up at. So far I haven't seen these in VA.

Happy Holidays!! Rick

Post subject: Re: Transformers Rescue Bots?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:07 am 
Mint on Card

I haven't spotted these at the stores yet Rick. Thanks for sharing.

When I was potty training my son his first prize I bought for him was the Rescue Bots Bumblebee.

One of his all time favorite toys. He has the 6 original rescue bots toys and all of the partners except ironically enough
the Bumblebee one.

For Christmas I bought him Medix and Hoist the two newest Rescue Bots. Have you seen those yet? They are Targets and Walmarts and TRU.

His god mother bought him the Optimus Prime fire house so he'll be getting that too. I want to get him the big Truck can't command center thing.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:25 am 
Knows his stuff

Nitewing73 wrote:
I haven't spotted these at the stores yet Rick. Thanks for sharing.

When I was potty training my son his first prize I bought for him was the Rescue Bots Bumblebee.

One of his all time favorite toys. He has the 6 original rescue bots toys and all of the partners except ironically enough
the Bumblebee one.

For Christmas I bought him Medix and Hoist the two newest Rescue Bots. Have you seen those yet? They are Targets and Walmarts and TRU.

His god mother bought him the Optimus Prime fire house so he'll be getting that too. I want to get him the big Truck can't command center thing.

Hey Nitewing.. thanks for sharing! Yep, my 3 1/2 year old step-son absolutely loves the Rescue Bots toys! He has most of the characters (except for Boulder I think) as well as the Fire House. Santa is bringing him the Electronic Heatwave and Electronic Chase, as well as Bumblebee's garage. His favorite is also Bumblebee and he actually sleeps with that thing at night!! :)

I really like these new ones as they look more like the characters since they don't have to worry about transforming. I don't watch Rescue Bots often, but I was a big fan of TRANSORMERS ANIMATED and also TRANSFORMERS PRIME, so I decided to pick these guys up for myself!! ;)

The only downside to these are the human figures are non-poseable...just a solid chunk of plastic. The robots are poseable though (arms and legs moveable). It would've been nice if they had actually made them like the other human toys.

Its really weird.... I was able to find pictures of these figures from SDCC '12 but I've seen nothing on the Electronic Bumblebee or Optimus. I've even scoured Ebay's current and completed auctions and only found the one set (which are now mine!!). Not sure what the street dates are for these guys, but I definitely want to pick them up for the little one at some point.

Rick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:54 am 
Knows his stuff

Here's some pics of my new Tranformers Rescue Bots:

and

Rick

Post subject: Energize Humans are too static
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:55 pm 
PVC

Perhaps it is because I'm a fan of the Playskool Marvel Adventure Heroes and current Imaginext offerings, but I want some articulation and movement from the Transformers Rescue Bot Humans.
The first year was great. They had the same articulation as the Marvel Adventure Heroes and Imaginext offerings. Of course the first year of humans sucked because they were not even close to cartoon accurate. Sadly, the Energize offerings hitting the shelves are closer to the cartoon selves yet they are just statues. That is a shame. I wish these guys moved and looked that good. Sadly, the boyish Cody moved in a previous offering with the bad rolling headquarters. I'll stick with stocking up on the Cleveland Walker construction worker to make civilians that Green Goblin and Lizard can terrorize in my playroom.

Post subject: Re: Energize Humans are too static
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:19 am 
Knows his stuff

Big IV wrote:
Perhaps it is because I'm a fan of the Playskool Marvel Adventure Heroes and current Imaginext offerings, but I want some articulation and movement from the Transformers Rescue Bot Humans.
The first year was great. They had the same articulation as the Marvel Adventure Heroes and Imaginext offerings. Of course the first year of humans sucked because they were not even close to cartoon accurate. Sadly, the Energize offerings hitting the shelves are closer to the cartoon selves yet they are just statues. That is a shame. I wish these guys moved and looked that good. Sadly, the boyish Cody moved in a previous offering with the bad rolling headquarters. I'll stick with stocking up on the Cleveland Walker construction worker to make civilians that Green Goblin and Lizard can terrorize in my playroom.

Yeah, I think it was a bad move to make the humans into little 'statues' instead of poseable figs. They already had the poseable Cody w/ that big vehicle, so they could've just used him. As for the other characters, they could've used the body molds for the other existing humans and just painted them with the appropriate colors and added the new heads to those sculpts. Would've been much better than the statues figures. Still, I love the robots that came with these two-packs!!

Rick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:46 pm 
PVC

New heads on the old bodies, legs, and arms would have been better than the statues.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:22 am 
Knows his stuff

Big IV wrote:
New heads on the old bodies, legs, and arms would have been better than the statues.

Apparently these aren't the first "statue" figures they've released in this line! I was just in Target and saw the Transformers Rescue Bots Police Playset is now reduced to $20. It's a pretty lame playset overall, but I thought about picking it up for the little one. Upon looking at the "criminal/bankrobber" figure I noticed he also has no articulation. That's pretty crappy for a $30 (regular price) playset.

Rick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:11 pm 
Mint on Card

rickwj324 wrote:
Big IV wrote:

Apparently these aren't the first "statue" figures they've released in this line! I was just in Target and saw the Transformers Rescue Bots Police Playset is now reduced to $20. It's a pretty lame playset overall, but I thought about picking it up for the little one. Upon looking at the "criminal/bankrobber" figure I noticed he also has no articulation. That's pretty crappy for a $30 (regular price) playset.

Rick

Yeah Rick. I picked one up for 14.98 for my son. I noticed the statuesque criminal.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:57 pm 
5" Scale

Guess I need to start keeping an eye out for these. We bought our 3 and 1/2 year old Chase and Heatwave and he just ask me to put the show on Netflix for him. I'm not sure if he's into the regular one's as much as he is the robots themselves. Where are you guys finding them at? Also, can you minimize the size of the photos or put them in between spoiler tags?

Post subject: Where?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:33 pm 
PVC

All of the local stores carry these guys. I've spotted the newer waves, with the statue figures, at Wal-Mart. Almost all of the older toys are still available around NC in K-Mart, Toys-R-Us, and Target. I almost bought the bank robber set but passed because the criminal stunk. I do want the Optimus playset sometime.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:58 pm 
Cold-cast

rickwj324 wrote:
Didn't see a separate topic for these little guys so I thought I'd start one. I've been collecting Imaginext DC stuff for a while now (for myself and my 3 year old) and eventually started collecting the Hasbro equivalent figures (Star Wars, Marvel, and Transformers).
I just found out (and tracked down through Ebay) about these figures (See Pics below) and am wondering if anyone has seen them at retail:

and

There is also going to be a BLADES character as well (pics were shown at SDCC) but I don't believe he is out yet.

I purchased all of these through Ebay for myself but would like to pick up another set for my son once available at retail.
Just thought I'd put feelers out there to see if/when they are hitting retail and where they are showing up at. So far I haven't seen these in VA.

Happy Holidays!! Rick

I recently was at Walmart and found all of these except for the new electronic ones. I was actually surprised to find that the robots were not statues like the human figures.
The robots have pretty decent articulation since they are the same as the other Playskool Heroes figures.

Just found the new electronic Bumblebee and Optimus Prime at Target today and picked those up, my son was freaking out! :D

Now he wants the new energizer versions of the transforming bots. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:55 pm 
PVC

I buy these primarily for the humans. I am glad to hear that the bots have a nice playability even though they don't transform.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:01 pm 
Cold-cast

Picked up the Energizer versions of the Rescue Bots today at Target, now I just have to wait for Blades and Boulder to hit the shelves and maybe I can done with this line for a little while. Who am I kidding. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:02 am 
ABS

Was at Target (PA) yesterday & bought Blades the Copter-Bot & Boulder the Construction-Bot for my nephew. These are pretty cool looking. Will have to look for the others.