Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Matty sub bonus - early shopping for subscribers!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:52 pm 
ABS

MattyCollector has posted their January 2013 sale update with information about Early Access:

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/201 ... hach-more/

MattyCollector wrote:
NEW! Early Access
As a benefit of your subscription, you’re entitled to our all-new Early Access program that gives you the chance to purchase additional products before they’re made available to the general public. Early Access will generally take place a couple of days before the regular monthly sale so dates will change each month depending on which day of the week the regular sale happens. We’ll send you an email each month letting you know the dates.

Remember, if a product is released through any one of our 2013 subscriptions then it will not be offered through Early Access. For January, that means you’ll have the chance to pick up Icarius™ and Snout Spout™. Neither of them are included with 2013 Club Eternia® subscriptions and if they sell out during Early Access they will NOT be available on January 15th. (Please note that these products are completely separate from the subscription so shipping can’t be combined.)

As we already knew, Early Access is just going to be for items that are not part of either Club Eternia, Club BlackFreighter, or Club Infinite Earths. However, now we know that we must use the new "Subscriptions Portal" to order Early Access items AND shipping will NOT be combined with our subscriptions.

Interesting that they are starting off with Icarius and Snout Spout to test Early Access. These are figures they didn't unload at $13.09 (with BlackFriday/CyberMonday discounts) and half off shipping. I wonder how many they will sell to subscribers at $27.00 and new higher cost shipping?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:05 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I can tell you with absolute certainty that they'll be selling none of those to this subscriber.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:07 am 
Hat Pooper

I'm glad I didn't reup for the Matty DC subscription. Some of their choices for ovesized figure were not ideal. Red Rocket and Lead are not oversized figures. Shaggy Man, Blockbuster, or Winged Victory (w/Shining Knight as another montly figure) would of been better choices.

The completion of the Metal Men was good ( though again the size of Lead was a bad idea).

I dount a DC subscription will contiue after this year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:07 am 
Hat Pooper

I'm glad I didn't reup for the Matty DC subscription. Some of their choices for ovesized figure were not ideal. Red Rocket and Lead are not oversized figures. Shaggy Man, Blockbuster, or Winged Victory (w/Shining Knight as another montly figure) would of been better choices.

The completion of the Metal Men was good ( though again the size of Lead was a bad idea).

I dount a DC subscription will contiue after this year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:38 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

With (almost) no retail support, the sub is about the only option.

While I don't think it'll be around for decades and decades, I bet 2014 becomes a reality.

Trade Rating +55 and counting