Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4040 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 270  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:51 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Re: this is to the custom guys.whats the best paint to use on these figures?

I agree with iMasonext. I also use Testors Acrylics . They seem to work well. I'm also partial to the Krylon Fusion paints when I need an all over base color.

I make these mostly for my seven year old so i don't worry about him putting them in his mouth, but the ones I design for my own amusement are sprayed with fixative for protection.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:21 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

With the sudden surprise of Joker/Harley & Superman/Wonder Woman, what other surprises do you think are on the way? We know there will be a Superman heavy release coming real soon. The Batman line did not take the "movie" route, do you think the Superman line will?
Honestly, I would much rather have a Superman comic line as to a movie line. An armored Lex with vehicle, Bazarro with Fortress of Solitude, Metallo as a deluxe figure (like Clayface), Darksied with his throne room, and a Brianiac/Superman set would be great. They could re-use the Gotham City set as a Daily Planet with Jimmy, Lois, & Clark Kent.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:47 am 
Unbreakable

I hope the next surprise is Batgirl as she is my most wanted character for this line. Give her a motorcycle and I'd be exstatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:07 am 
serves the Otter

Battastic wrote:
With the sudden surprise of Joker/Harley & Superman/Wonder Woman, what other surprises do you think are on the way? We know there will be a Superman heavy release coming real soon. The Batman line did not take the "movie" route, do you think the Superman line will?
Honestly, I would much rather have a Superman comic line as to a movie line. An armored Lex with vehicle, Bazarro with Fortress of Solitude, Metallo as a deluxe figure (like Clayface), Darksied with his throne room, and a Brianiac/Superman set would be great. They could re-use the Gotham City set as a Daily Planet with Jimmy, Lois, & Clark Kent.

I would LOVE to see a Superman-centric wave or three...get them caught up a bit with Batman.

And you say that they didn't take the "movie" route with Batman, but I really don't think we would have seen either Catwoman or Bane in the Imaginext line if they weren't highlighted as characters in The Dark Knight Rises. Even though they don't have the movie design, their inclusion had to be because of the movie.

Love your ideas for the Superman lineup--hope we see some of them. I assume we get a kid friendly version of General Zod and maybe some other characters from the movie--can't wait to see what happens.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:08 am 
serves the Otter

kevfett wrote:
I hope the next surprise is Batgirl as she is my most wanted character for this line. Give her a motorcycle and I'd be exstatic

...she's LONG overdue. Hope she turns up soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:34 pm 
Collector Inspector

It should be pretty easy for F-P to do a Batgirl using the Catwoman body. I'm thinking about customizing one.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:36 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

I would be so HAPPY if they came out with Batgirl......my daughter is asking for one !!

I tried to customize a Hawkgirl out of Catwoman (it turned out NOT to bad.....in my eyes).

http://therumorbuster.com/board/gallery/?sa=view;id=461

I tried to customized figures using the Playskool also....... "ABRAMOVICI TWINS" :

Sickle
http://therumorbuster.com/board/gallery/?sa=view;id=438

Mr. Hammer
http://therumorbuster.com/board/gallery/?sa=view;id=437

(what do you think ?)

I hope they keep up this line of figures, my kids are LOVING IT !!

Davis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:24 am 
Collector Inspector

Quote:
I tried to customize a Hawkgirl out of Catwoman

That is pretty good. Did you get the wings from Hawkman?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:41 am 

Yes.....my daughter wanted me to build up her Girl team !!

Thanks for checking out the figure and the comment.......I want to do Batgirl but Im afraid that they will come out with one in the future

Davis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:19 am 
Collector Inspector

Quote:
I want to do Batgirl but Im afraid that they will come out with one in the future

Yes, that's why I typically "think" about it for a year or so -- I was going to do Wonder Woman but then, hey! That's why I've got a couple extra Catwomen on hand. I've got so many things I want to customize that I prefer not to spend time on something that eventually gets released (unless it's ridiculously easy, like Lex Luthor would be -- but he's probably going to get released too). Batgirl would be just time-consuming enough that I'd get annoyed if they released one, and it seems like there's a pretty solid chance they will. Hawkgirl's a pretty safe bet, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:26 am 
Knows his stuff

Hey Guys.. just sharing info that I posted over at rumorbuster. Hope this helps some of you collectors out there..

Mattel's replacement parts dept on their website has the following singles available:
1)Kilowog, B'dg, Hal 3pk for $10 (from the Oa playset)
2)Bruce Wayne, 2 Removeable Batman hoods/capes, and the Joker w/ moneybag for $7.00 (Gotham City Playset)

For those interested in collecting figures and not the playsets, this is an awesome way of getting those figures. Its also good for lost figs or those that customize them. Just thought I'd share!

Rick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:43 am 

Quote:
I've got so many things I want to customize that I prefer not to spend time on something that eventually gets released (unless it's ridiculously easy, like Lex Luthor would be -- but he's probably going to get released too)

I tried my hand with Lex also (http://therumorbuster.com/board/gallery/?sa=view;id=403) but I went with the Action League/SHS style figures and the Battle Suit.

---------BREAK----------

Rick, could you please post the link to the site ?

Thanks

Davis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:55 am 
Knows his stuff

to_count wrote:
Rick, could you please post the link to the site ?
Thanks
Davis

Hey Davis.. I posted everything for you over at rumorbuster, but to anyone else interested here are the links and info:

https://store.mattel.com/Search.aspx?ca ... uctid=none

If that doesn't work, go to https://store.mattel.com/ and then select "click here to shop now". From there it asks you for your country US or Canada, then it will take you to a screen where you can search. I found that typing in "imaginext" will give you certain results while "IMGX" will give you some that are different.

Parts Bag for IMGX Gotham City Money Pile, Batman, Joker, and 2 Helmets. Price : $7.00

Parts Bag for IMGX Green Lantern Playset 1 Green Lantern Figure, 1 Squirrel Figure, 1 Kilowog Figure, and 1 Projectile. Price : $10.00

Parts Bag for Bat Cave Batman (Black Costume), Robin and Motorcycle. Price : $4.00

There's lots of other odds'n'ends you can purchase....also some Spongebob characters, Buzz Lightyear characters, etc.

I've ordered some figures in the past (including some of the Batman/Robin/Motorcycle sets) a while ago and they came in sealed polybags and arrived quickly.
Rick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:26 am 
Collector Inspector

Thank you very much for that information, rickwj324. I wanted a Bruce Wayne, but didn't really feel like I had the space for another playset, so this works out great for me.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am 
Knows his stuff

Bryan Long wrote:
Thank you very much for that information, rickwj324. I wanted a Bruce Wayne, but didn't really feel like I had the space for another playset, so this works out great for me.

NP Bryan... glad I could help! I did the same thing for my son. His table is filled up with playsets so I didn't intend to pick up that particular set for him. However I did order the Bruce Wayne pack for him. Plus it comes with an extra Cowl/Cape so it can easily be used for another custom figure. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4040 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 97, 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103 ... 270  Next