Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The CW's Arrow
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:57 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Shellhead wrote:
I bet we'll see them again and that they'll evolve just like Ollie is. He's starting to use more trick arrows.

Damn, I was hoping they'd lean more towards that Mike Grell realistic Olliver. I love the trick arrows but Grell proved he was more than an archer with a gimmick.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:20 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

David Anders Joins Arrow

by SuperHeroHype

November 27, 2012

Zap2it is reporting that Once Upon a Time star David Anders has joined the cast of The CW's Arrow. Anders will be playing Cyrus Vanch, who is described as a 'career criminal' that is looking to take over the criminal underworld in Starling City after a long stint in prison.

Arrow stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:45 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:05 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I thought they did a good job with proto-Huntress.

I'm looking forward to next week's episode.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:35 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:19 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Arrow Casts It Roy Harper

by SuperHeroHype

December 11, 2012

Colton Haynes ("Teen Wolf") has joined the cast of the CW's "Arrow", TV Guide reports. He'll play none other than longtime Green Arrow sidekick Roy Harper.

First appearing under the name Speedy in 1941's "More Fun Comics" #73, Harper has also been known as the superhero Arsenal and, for a time, Red Arrow. The official description for the TV version of Harper calls him, "a handsome, street-savvy, teenager from 'the Glades,' the harsh, poverty-stricken portion of Starling City."

It is also noted that Haynes will serve as a love interest for Thea Queen (Willa Holland).

"Arrow" also stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance. The show airs on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:16 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Firefly Attacks in New Arrow Promo!

by SuperHeroHype

December 17, 2012

Way back in October, it was revealed that actor Andrew Dunbar of "SGU Stargate Universe" had landed the role of Garfield Lynns aka Firefly in an upcoming episode of Arrow. The episode, titled "Burned," will be the first episode of the show that airs when it returns from its mid-season break on January 16. You can now check out a promo for the new episode below!

Arrow stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance.

From Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter, the hard-hitting action series reinvents the DC hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime.

The show airs on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:11 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The First Photos of Firefly on Arrow

by SuperHeroHype

January 03, 2013

Andrew Dunbar of "SGU Stargate Universe" will be making his debut on The CW's Arrow as a version of the character Firefly. The episode, titled "Burned," will be the first episode of the show that airs when it returns from its mid-season break on January 16 and we've got a set of photos from the upcoming show. Check them out below!

From Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter, the hard-hitting action series reinvents the DC hero. After being marooned for five years on a remote island, billionaire Oliver Queen returns home with a mysterious agenda and very lethal new set of skills that he uses in a war on crime.

The show airs on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:08 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Details on Arrow's Count Vertigo Emerge

by SuperHeroHype

January 08, 2013

A couple of months ago, we reported that "Fringe" star Seth Gabel would be joining the cast of Arrow as Vertigo from the comic books, but we're now learning that this character will be a little different from his roots.

In an interview with SciFi Now, Executive Producer Andrew Kreisberg admitted they've taken a lot of liberties with the character.

“The comic-book version of him, the Count Werner von Vertigo… when your last name is Vertigo of course you’re going to grow up to be a supervillain who uses vertigo as a weapon. That concept just doesn’t exist in our world, and we’ve never been shy about saying that we’ve taken all of our cues from Chris Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy, and how he took somebody like Ra’s al Ghul, played by Liam Neeson, who was immortal in the comics and presented a realistic take on how he could be immortal, by having a frontman who could be killed and allowing him to survive.

“We thought of Count Vertigo sort of the same way, with Seth Gabel from Fringe and Dirty Sexy Money who’s terrifyingly awesome in the part. First of all, how he gets the nickname ‘the Count’ is kind of fun and spooky, but also how he is able to create this vertigo effect without using certain superpowered means. And that’s what’s fun for us....Count Vertigo is our first real, complete overhaul. We’re really excited about it.”

Update: One of our brother sites, CraveOnline, interviewed Gabel himself about his part, we've included it below.

CO: We’re excited to see you on “Arrow.” When are we going to meet Vertigo?

SG: I think it’s around January 23. I don’t know the exact date for sure but I’m pretty sure it’s the end of January.

CO:It’s been so exciting to see how “Arrow” interprets all the characters like Huntress and Deathstroke. How is their Vertigo similar or different than what we’ve read in the comics?

SG:It’s a definite adaptation. Count Vertigo in the comic book I believe is Eastern European. In this I play definitely American of some kind, but the adaptation of him being a count, it’s more of a nickname for this street thug drug kingpin who’s selling a drug known as Vertigo on the streets of Starling City. So instead of having a super power, my super power is actually manifested in the drug that I’ve gotten people hooked on.

CO:What does the drug give you the power to do?

SG:It gives people the feeling like they’re walking on air, but that’s if you take it orally. If you inject it into your body, it has very different kinds of effects. That is extremely dangerous and a huge threat to Starling City and needs to be stopped.

CO:Do you have some cool action?

SG:Yeah, there’s a lot of cool action. The fight choreographers I had worked with before on “Fringe” so I was very comfortable with them. They do incredible work and it was a pleasure to be a part of it.

CO:That cast seems like in less than a season, they’ve really got it down. How did they welcome you in as an episodic cast member?

SG:It’s interesting as an episodic cast member because when I started out, most times when you join the cast just for one episode to start especially, no one really gets close to you because they don’t want to get close to someone who’s going to all of a sudden be gone. So usually people aren’t very warm to you and you’re kind of there to do your job and then you leave. But this cast was very welcoming. It helped a lot that I had been working in Vancouver on “Fringe” and there were a lot of familiar faces there, so I think people could vouch that I wasn’t crazy or desperate in some way. I think everyone was just very comfortable to chat and I felt like I got along with everyone.

CO:Are we going to see more of Count Vertigo?

SG:I hope so. It’s definitely possible. It’s the most fun I had playing a part in a really long time so I’m longing for it to continue.

Arrow stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen, Colin Donnell as Tommy, Willa Holland as Thea Queen, with Susanna Thompson as Moira Queen and Paul Blackthorne as Detective Quentin Lance. The show returns on Wednesday January 16 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:37 am 
5" Scale

Ugh. Just Ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:08 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Eh, give it a chance. They've had more hits than misses so far this season.

You're not going to get the true DCU on TV if it's not animated, although Smallville came close during it's latter seasons.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:39 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:18 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Arrow Poster Shows Off Oliver Queen's Scars

by SuperHeroHype

January 12, 2013

Oliver Queen will return in The CW's hit new series Arrow on Wednesday and series Executive Producer Marc Guggenheim posted this brand new poster on twitter today. Check it out below!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:38 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Huntress Set to Return on Arrow

by SuperHeroHype

January 14, 2013

One of the best pairs of episodes from the first season of Arrow has easily been the set with Jessica De Gouw as The Huntress, and producer Greg Berlanti has announced that she will return in a future episode (via TV Fanatic).

“She’s going to come back. We’re just writing that episode right now. We like to think of her as the crazy ex-girlfriend. So if you can only imagine the turns…her mission isn’t done or complete yet. She wanted to kill her Dad and he’s still alive.”

That's the good news. The bad news is that CW President Mark Pedowitz has confirmed Batman will not be appearing on Arrow, at least for now (via IGN).

"Regarding is Batman going to make a trip to Starling City, they’re not in the same state."

While he is correct, in the DCU Gotham and Star City are on different coasts, but just because it's not happening now doesn't mean it eventually won't.

Arrow airs on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT and returns this week.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:39 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Look at The Count in Arrow

by SuperHeroHype

January 16, 2013

TV Guide has posted the first images of Seth Gabel ("Fringe") as The Count in an upcoming episode of Arrow. His character is based on the DC character Count Vertigo, but in the series the name Vertigo will belong to a new drug that begins to make the rounds in Starling City.

"He's a very interesting character, and the way Seth performs him, he plays him with a lot of flair," said executive producer Marc Guggenheim. "The fun thing about The Count is he's actually a businessman. He's got a little bit of a sociopathic streak in him, for sure, but he sees himself as an entrepreneur, as creating not drugs, but art. He compares his drug to performing a social service and to a fine wine, so he has a very skewed view of what it is that he does. At the same time, we know that he's not only sociopathic, but he's very sadistic as well."

Gabel will make his debut as The Count in two weeks in an episode titled, none other than "Vertigo."

Arrow returns tonight and airs at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next