Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thor: The Dark World
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:42 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jaimie Alexander Injured on Thor: The Dark World Set

by SuperHeroHype

September 25, 2012

Some scary news broke last night as Thor: The Dark World star Jaimie Alexander revealed, via her Twitter account, that she had "sustained a pretty horrible" injury on the film's London's set. Thankfully, the actress, who reprises her role of Sif from the first film, has updated that's she's well on the way to recovery.

"Already in recovery mode and my spirits are high," Alexander posted. "I'll be back kicking ass as Lady Sif in no time! It can only get better from here on out!"

Then, most recently:

"Received great news today! Meds are kicking in. Awesome funny nurses here at the hospital. Physio tomorrow. All good. #HappySif #Thankful"

We here are Superhero Hype are wishing Jaimie the best and, if you'd like to pass along your own get well thoughts, you can do so by tweeting @jaimiealexander.

Directed by Alan Taylor, Thor: The Dark World also stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Zachary Levi, Stellan Skarsgard, Christopher Eccleston, Kat Dennings, Richard Brake, Clive Russell and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje and is planned for release on November 8, 2013.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:50 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Will Thor: The Dark World Showcase All Nine Realms?

by SuperHeroHype

September 26, 2012

Marvel Studios has been very clear about their plans to expand the interstellar scale of the Marvel Universe in the now-in-production Thor: The Dark World. Today, though, a new report from Russian site Kinopoisk suggests that the film may do so in a major way, pulling in the full Nine Realms of Norse mythology and Marvel comic book lore.

"The film promises to cover not just the Earth and Asgard," reads the loose translation of a report from a Russian Cinema Expo, "but the entire Nine Realms. The studio hopes that 'Game of Thrones' director Alan Taylor has the experience to build upon the fantasy of the series."

The original films showed off Asgard, the home of Thor's people, Midgard, the Earth, and Jotunheim, the home of the frost giants. Reports of Dark Elves appearing in the sequel pretty much guarantee that we'll be seeing their world, Svartalheim but that still leaves the Light Elves' realm, Alfeim, the Realm of the dead who are neither honored or dishonered, Hel, the Demon world of Muspelheim, the Dwarven real, Nidavellir and Asgard's sister-realm, Vanaheim.

If you want to get prepped for the sequel's November 8, 2013 release date, you can take a look at Marvel's original map of the Nine Realms below, originally published in the first issue of the "The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:44 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Chris Hemsworth Talks Thor: The Dark World

by SuperHeroHype

October 08, 2012

Thor: The Dark World is currently filming for it's release date next year and Prestige Hong Kong got to sit down with star Chris Hemsworth and talk about the film and the phenomena that is the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Talking about director Alan Taylor, Hemsworth said: "I love the way he adds an incredibly organic element to the fantastical world of Thrones, and I think that’s what Thor could benefit from. It’s grounded in reality, no matter how mythical or science-fiction-like it becomes. There’s a truth to it all. Certainly, working with him now, you can see he doesn’t want Thor or the Asgardians to seem like some distant race or god-like. He still wants them to be relatable."

Hemsworth was then asked about his 'routines' for getting into character: "For Thor there’s a lot of ongoing reading and rereading of the script. I have a guy that I work with a lot who’s a voice coach, but also far more than that. We pull scripts apart and go into who these people are; his whole attitude of approaching a character is, instead of trying to mimic something or work out technically how you do that, it’s more why does someone speak like that. What’s in your personality or nature, or your past that has moulded you into sounding like this? That then raises a whole lot of questions about the character – which is great. You do that all the way through the film, even afterwards it’s hard to switch off sometimes."

Speaking of how Thor speaks, Prestige Hong Kong asked him why the English accent was chosen for the Norse god. "For whatever reason, it just seems to fit that world. Probably for no other reason than that it’s the way it’s been done in history. We associate Shakespearean speak [with god-like beings] because so many British actors have done it over the years. It resonates with the audience. Also, we had Anthony Hopkins, who is Welsh but has similar tones. I certainly couldn’t play him as Australian because people would think, “That’s Crocodile Dundee!”

When asked about the atmosphere on The Avengers, it sounds like the cast were like a bunch of kids having fun: "Most of the time we’re all on set together and it just became a laugh for all of us. We sort of fed off [the energy of] each other and before you know it, someone has to step in and say, “Come on, we’re trying to shoot a movie here!” Robert Downey Jr obviously has an incredible sense of humour and wit about him, which you see in all his characters. He’s like that in real life. You’re playing catch-up; always 10 steps behind what he’s saying. All those guys I learned something from and admired."

Directed by Alan Taylor, the sequel hits theaters on November 8, 2013. Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Jaimie Alexander, Idris Elba, Zachary Levi, Stellan Skarsgard, Christopher Eccleston, Kat Dennings and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje co-star.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:06 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

The Official Synopsis for Marvel Studios' Thor: The Dark World

by SuperHeroHype

October 12, 2012

Walt Disney Pictures has provided us with the official synopsis for Marvel Studios' Thor: The Dark World, coming to theaters on November 8, 2013. Check out the full synopsis below!

Marvel's "Thor: The Dark World" continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel's "Thor" and "Marvel's The Avengers," Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano and Jaimie Alexander with Rene Russo and Anthony Hopkins as Odin, "Thor: The Dark World" is directed by Alan Taylor, produced by Kevin Feige, from a story by Don Payne (credit not final) and screenplay by Christopher Yost and Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (credit not final) and is based on Marvel's classic Super Hero Thor, who first appeared in the comic book "Journey into Mystery" #83 in August, 1962.

"Thor: The Dark World" is presented by Marvel Studios. The executive producers are Louis D'Esposito, Alan Fine, Stan Lee, Victoria Alonso, Craig Kyle and Nigel Gostelow. The film releases November 8, 2013, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:26 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Where Does Loki Fit Into Thor: The Dark World?

by SuperHeroHype

October 20, 2012

We don't know all that much about the Thor sequel, Thor: The Dark World, other than that much of the cast will be reprising their roles and Christopher Eccleston will portray Malekith the Accursed (and presumably be the prime antagonist of the film). But where does this leave Thor's brother, Loki, in the film? Potential spoilers below...

Last we saw the pair, they were returning to Asgard with Loki in shackles. We know that actor Tom Hiddleston will be reprising the role because he's listed in the official synopsis for the film. According to Icelandic website Visir, a scene was filmed in Iceland with "about 500 people (on the set)" that involved "a big fight scene between Thor and Loki."

Plus, Hiddleston tweeted this cryptic message a few days ago confirming his presence in Iceland.

Sometimes the answer is to climb the nearest mountain and everything is better. Literally. Not a metaphor. #iceland

In Thor: The Dark World, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano and Jaimie Alexander with Rene Russo and Anthony Hopkins as Odin, the film is set for release on November 8, 2013.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:52 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

First Look at Malekith on the Set of Thor: The Dark World

by SuperHeroHype

November 14, 2012

Tom Hiddleston is the bad boy of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He's appeared as the antagonist Loki in two of the films in the series and is currently filming his third appearance as the character in Thor: The Dark World. Even though he appears as the mischievous Loki in the sequel he's not the main 'big bad' for the sequel. Christopher Eccleston joins the film as Malekith the Accursed and you can now see the first photos of the character and a beaten up Chris Hemsworth by clicking here and here.

Hiddleston also spoke with GQ about the upcoming film and the pressure on the sequel because of this summer's The Avengers.

"It's mostly self-applied pressure actually. I remember Chris [Hemsworth] and I saying over the summer when Avengers came out, where do we go now? Going into this one we were - very flatteringly - involved in big creative conversations about tone, and story. Thor and Loki are these two characters that people know and love and understand - so we have to take this in the right direction. You want to do something new - you don't want to re-heat the same recipe in the microwave, you want to cook up something different and exciting - but you don't want to lose the things that worked the first time. So we're our own slave drivers, in a way. Complacency is the enemy. But that's exciting and it's going well. I have never seen a group of actors or a crew work harder."

GQ then asked how much influennce The Avengers has had on the sequel, specifically will we get a reference to the Hulk smashing Loki?

"Yeah! [laughs] He's certainly eaten humble pie. The springboard for us in the second Thor film is at the end of Avengers you see Thor and Loki beamed up back to Asgard. The first question that we all asked was 'what happens next? What does Odin have to say about the events of Avengers?' 'What's Jane Foster been up to while she wasn't involved?' It's really exciting, actually. We're literally half way through - we started at the start of August and we should be finished by Christmas. It's going beautifully."

In Thor: The Dark World, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano and Jaimie Alexander with Rene Russo and Anthony Hopkins as Odin, the film is set for release on November 8, 2013.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:04 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

More Set Photos of the Dark Elves From Thor: The Dark World

by SuperHeroHype

November 14, 2012

Earlier today, we posted a link with some new set photos from Thor: The Dark World. Turns out that link wasn't ready for a lot of traffic and is now down, but we've got another set of better-quality photos featuring the Dark Elves, Malekith the Accursed, and a beat up Chris Hemsworth as Thor. We can't post them here for legal reasons, but you can access those pictures by clicking here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:50 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

How Bad Was Jaimie Alexander's Injury on the Thor 2 Set?

by SuperHeroHype

November 18, 2012

In September, we learned that Jaimie Alexander had suffered an injury on the London set of Thor: The Dark World, but it wasn't immediately clear what had happened to her. Back then, she said the following on Twitter:

"Already in recovery mode and my spirits are high, I'll be back kicking ass as Lady Sif in no time! It can only get better from here on out!... Received great news today! Meds are kicking in. Awesome funny nurses here at the hospital. Physio tomorrow. All good. #HappySif #Thankful"

Now, in an interview with the New York Post, Alexander has revealed what happened...

"It was raining, it was dark outside, it was like 5 in the morning — and I went down a metal staircase and slipped and slipped a disc in my thoracic spine and chipped 11 of my vertebrae... I knocked my left shoulder out of place and tore my rhomboid on my right side . . . It took me out of filming for a month."

She added that she does "heal really fast. Everyone thinks it’s really funny to tease me about staircases now that I fell down one . . . I’m walking in heels again though, so that’s a good sign.”

We'll see her in action again as Lady Sif when Thor: The Dark World hits theaters on November 8, 2013.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:55 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Videos From the Thor: The Dark World Set

by SuperHeroHype

November 15, 2012

We've got a series of behind the scenes set videos for Thor: The Dark World from visitor Dan Mumford. He's got a series of 15 set videos that you can see by clicking here, but we've picked out the best for you that you check out below. You can see a good shot of Christopher Eccleston as Malekith the Accursed and him getting ready for a fight with Chris Hemsworth.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:40 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Chris Hemsworth Talks Thor Sequel and Robopocalypse

by SuperHeroHype

November 20, 2012

MTV caught up with actor Chris Hemsworth to talk about the upcoming Marvel sequel, Thor: The Dark World, and the Norse god seems very optimistic about the film.

"We have six weeks to go to shoot," said Hemsworth "This is the trickiest bit, because you can go, 'Oh, yeah, we're past the halfway mark!' which isn't a good idea, because you're not finished yet. You sort of get that second wind about now or you hope to and push on through. But it's been great. The look of the film is a lot bigger than what we did even previously. The first one worked and people loved it, but this is with a different director and just has a totally different feel. There's a definite "Game of Thrones" vibe thanks to [director] Alan [Taylor]."

They asked him about if there would be a rift between Thor and Natalie Portman's Jane for not saying 'Hi' while on Earth for The Avengers.

"Definitely. For Thor and Jane, there are some unanswered questions now, since obviously he didn't stop in and catch up with her in 'Avengers.' Thor might have some explaining to do in this one....There's some fun to be had with that...And with Loki, we get down to the major bones of our conflict with everything that's come from 'Thor' to 'Avengers' to now."

The subject then turned to his next project, Robopocalypse, with Steven Spielberg which Hemsworth is very excited about. "No one does sci-fi better than him. It was a no-brainer. And then I read the script and was even more excited if that's possible."

In Thor: The Dark World, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all. It's slated for a November 8, 2013 release.

Robopocalypse is planned to shoot next year for an April 25, 2014 release.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:27 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Tom Hiddleston Talks Branagh/Taylor and Potential Thor 3

by SuperHeroHype

November 26, 2012

Tom Hiddleston has been one of the most vocal members of the Thor cast when talking about the upcoming sequel, Thor: The Dark World. The actor has spoken about most topics presented to him and today, in an interview with Huffington Post, he talked about the difference between Kenneth Branagh (director of Thor) and Alan Taylor (director of the sequel Thor: The Dark World).

"Ken established the tone, so we’ve taken the baton and kept running. Alan Taylor is fantastic, one of the men responsible for 'Game of Thrones' which is so of that world, a very grounded, gritty, earthy world where warriors and swords and monsters and magic all meet, so his experience of that has given him a fantastic take on the whole world of Thor.

He was refashioning those archetypes in space. We talked about King Lear and that kind of dynastic drama, about succession, with somebody at the top of the tree, and somebody else due to succeed the throne, there's always a wrestling if it’s father and son… it's all very dynastic."

So was he anxious about having a newcomer step onto the sequel instead of Branagh? "I went to a summer screening of a Marvel short film. Ken came and so did Alan, it was very clear how much mutual respect between them and I thought, ‘ok, it’s going to be fine.’"

Filming on Thor: The Dark World has only a few weeks remaining before it wraps and Hiddleston won't say if they're already talking about Thor 3.

"These kind of films, not to get too heavy about it, all depend on the financial success of the one before, so we'll have to see."

In Thor: The Dark World, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all. It's slated for a November 8, 2013 release.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:58 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Jaimie Alexander Updates on Thor: The Dark World

by SuperHeroHype

January 05, 2013

Next appearing on the big screen opposite Arnold Schwarzenegger in January 18th's The Last Stand, Jaimie Alexander is also set to reprise her role as Sif in this fall's Thor: The Dark World. Today, Alexander spoke with IAmRogue about the Marvel Studios project in a video interview that you can check out in the player below.

"We sort of explore the Sif/Thor relationship a little bit," she tells the outlet. "…It's more getting a feel of who these people are and how they are the way they are with each other."

Alexander goes on to discuss director Alan Taylor, the recasting of Fandral and the overall darker tone of Thor's third big screen appearance.

The sequel takes place in the aftermath of Thor and Marvel's The Avengers, following Thor as he fights to restore order across the cosmos when an ancient race, led by the vengeful Malekith, returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Thor: The Dark World hits theaters on November 8, 2013.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:53 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Talks Thor: The Dark World

by SuperHeroHype

January 14, 2013

Known to "LOST" fans as Mr. Eko, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje has made his way into the Marvel Cinematic Universe and will make his debut in Thor: The Dark World as both Algrim and Kurse. He spoke with MTV about his character, his fights, and his potential return for more movies.

"Kurse is very animalistic. He's got these horns, so what I did was try to go with that flow so my movements were very much like an animal. You had to contort your body and your head cause I've got these big horns on my head. Very, very differeny style from Chris'. It was a great ride."

With both Kurse and Malekith in the antagonist roles for the film, where does that leave fan favorite Loki? Well, he's not sitting this one out.

"He gets his fair share, me and him as well. The great thing about Kurse, he's having it with everybody. Loki has some amazing fights in this, everybody gets their shine. I won't tell you what really happens, but there's some great surprises."

Even though we won't see him in a Marvel film until later this year, it seems like his tenure with Marvel Studios will continue with appearances in more movies.

"We're talking about that. Obviously Marvel is a great family that I'm happy to be working with. We had a great time on, so I'd love to continue that relationship."

When asked if his return might be for a part in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy he laughed and said, "I'm not talking about anything yet. I'm just talking about having a really good relationship with Marvel."

The sequel takes place in the aftermath of Thor and Marvel's The Avengers, following Thor as he fights to restore order across the cosmos when an ancient race, led by the vengeful Malekith, returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.

Thor: The Dark World hits theaters on November 8, 2013.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:43 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

New Behind-the-Scenes Photo From Thor: The Dark World

by SuperHeroHype

February 01, 2013

The latest Empire magazine featured a treasure trove of photos from superhero films and the latest one comes from the upcoming Marvel sequel Thor: The Dark World. In the below photo, you'll see star Chris Hemsworth as the titular Thor with the film's, director Alan Taylor.

Also starring Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano and Jaimie Alexander with Rene Russo and Anthony Hopkins as Odin, the film is set for release on November 8, 2013.

Click on the image for a bigger version!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:21 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Details Thor: The Dark World

by SuperHeroHype

February 02, 2013

Starring in this weekend's Bullet to the Head, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje spoke today with The LA Times about appearing on the big screen later this year in another comic book-inspired feature, Thor: the Dark World. He'll be playing both Algrim and the character's demonic alter-ego, Kurse, in the November 8 release.

“It’s an amalgamation of a bull and a lava-like creature,” the actor told the outlet. “He has very animalistic tendencies but with this insatiable and unstoppable power. As an actor, that’s one of the hardest things to embody. You have to realize you are probably the most powerful thing you could imagine. And you have to be that. You can’t pretend, so that when you face Thor, it’s real.”

Algrim first appeared in Thor #347 and was one of the most powerful of the dark elves. He is given the task of killing Thor by Malekith the Accursed (set to be played by Christopher Eccleston). He is betrayed by Malekith who tries to kill Thor by allowing both the god of thunder and Algrim to fall to their deaths. While both survived, Algrim developed amnesia from the event and is transformed into the much more powerful being, Kurse.

Thor: the Dark World reunites Chris Hemsworth's Thor with Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Anthony Hopkins as Odin, and Natalie Portman as the love interest, Jane Foster. Alan Taylor ("Game of Thrones") is directing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next