Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3789 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 253  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:40 pm 
Resin

I was at Target today and saw the new Toy Story RC Racer with Buzz Lightyear, a Battle Wagon for the Eagle Talon Castle and two plane sets for the Sky Racers. The first was a 2 plane set of the Tiger plane with a mini plane but they were in a teal like color as opposed to the orange and then there was a Sea Stinger with mini plane in purple instead of green. The plane sets were Target exclusives. Have to say that I passed on all of them. At this point the only way I am going to purchase any repaints is if it is the DC line otherwise I am saving my money. I mean seriously, the least they could have done was come up with new names for the repainted planes, but no they just used the old names. :roll: The whole Toy Story line seems to be irrelevant at this point, no new movie and they are going back and producing toys that they could have put out coincide with any of the previous movies. I have to say that Target exclusives are getting a bit old at this point, I still have not even gotten into the whole Battle Arena that they have or the figures.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:22 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

While we seem to all be waiting to see what new Imaginext we might be getting at Toy Fair I thought I'd ask a question. What new Items would you like to see come out this year?

I know what I'd like to see...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:33 pm 
Resin

Larry wrote:
While we seem to all be waiting to see what new Imaginext we might be getting at Toy Fair I thought I'd ask a question. What new Items would you like to see come out this year?

I know what I'd like to see...

Nice custom Gentleman Ghost. Looks like you used a Joker body but what did you use for the cape and hat? Nicely done!!!

I would love to see a Gentleman Ghost in this line along with Scarecrow. But I think I would really rather see a Batgirl and perhaps a Poison Ivy more than anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:14 pm 
Knows his stuff

That Gentleman Ghost is FREAKIN' SWEET!!!!!! You have to share the recipe!! :wink:

Great work man!! --Rick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:27 am 
Cold-cast

GREAT CONCEPT............

the recipe is:

Body: Imaginext Joker
Cape/Top Hat: JL Unlimited Gentlemen Ghost

Love how it came out, I've been wondering if the different size figures would work well together and.....yes they do !!

Thank you for the post and awesome custom !!

D's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:08 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Hi guys,
Thanks for the comments about Gentlemen Ghost. To_count is completely right. It's a Joker body with a JL Unlimited Gentlemen Ghost hat/cape. I simply cut down the cape to make it fit. My son really wanted a Gentlemen Ghost and the Batman Brave and Bold figure with the horse is REALLY expensive.

I find that the JL Unlimited and the smaller Young Justice figures really work well with the Imaginext Line.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:30 am 
ABS

That's an amazing custom. And I'm jealous. You customizers seriously need to be working in the toy field.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:35 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

I would love to still see some Batman stuff before the Superman rush hits.
* Arkham playset with Scarecrow & Nightwing
* Gentleman Ghost w/ horse
* Black Mask w/ Batgirl

If you look back a few pages, you will see my Superman wish list.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:31 am 
Knows his stuff

Hey Guys.. on the topic of custom imaginext figures, does anyone know if the Batman: Brave and the Bold Batmobile from the Action League toyline will fit the Imaginext figures? I'm working on some custom Brave and the Bold Imaginext figures and would like to use that Batmobile if it will work. I'm referring to this one:

Any help is appreciated!! Rick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:20 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

It does, but they slide around a little. My kid uses it all the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:25 am 
Knows his stuff

Battastic wrote:

Thanks Battastic!! I was thinking it might be the other way around... that the imaginext guys could be too big for it. I've never seen that batmobile at retail (never collected the action league toys) but I know the figures are considerably smaller than the Imaginext guys. Why is the car so big? How about the other Action League Vehicles such as the batsub and batcopter...would they fit Imaginext??

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:44 am 
Resin

rickwj324 wrote:
Battastic wrote:

Thanks Battastic!! I was thinking it might be the other way around... that the imaginext guys could be too big for it. I've never seen that batmobile at retail (never collected the action league toys) but I know the figures are considerably smaller than the Imaginext guys. Why is the car so big? How about the other Action League Vehicles such as the batsub and batcopter...would they fit Imaginext??

They all work really well with the Imaginext figures. I picked them all up when they were still available at retail for the sole purpose of using them with the Imaginext line, of course back then there weren't as many vehicles for Batman Imaginext. The Batsub works really well. My son uses all of them quite often, sometimes I find him playing with those toys more than the actual Imaginext vehicles. Looking forward to seeing images of your customs. I did a Green Lantern Batman custom a while back because it looks like we will never see the one that they had shown some time ago.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:23 pm 
Knows his stuff

The_Joker13 wrote:
They all work really well with the Imaginext figures. I picked them all up when they were still available at retail for the sole purpose of using them with the Imaginext line, of course back then there weren't as many vehicles for Batman Imaginext. The Batsub works really well. My son uses all of them quite often, sometimes I find him playing with those toys more than the actual Imaginext vehicles. Looking forward to seeing images of your customs.

Thanks for the info Joker! I'll most definitely be picking them up then. And hopefully I'll be posting some pics soon of my customs. I have quite a few planned, but its hard finding the time (and making molds, casts, etc can be quite expensive and time consuming).
I remember seeing that GL Batman a while back. Really cool!! :D

PS... I just noticed you said that they had shown a GL Batman a while back!? Are there any pics of that? I would love to see what they had planned!!!!! :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:41 pm 
ABS

if anyone could help me with a Cyborg, I would apprecaite it. I would like it shipped loose to save for a smaller package.

thanks
Cory

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:57 am 
Resin

rickwj324 wrote:
The_Joker13 wrote:
They all work really well with the Imaginext figures. I picked them all up when they were still available at retail for the sole purpose of using them with the Imaginext line, of course back then there weren't as many vehicles for Batman Imaginext. The Batsub works really well. My son uses all of them quite often, sometimes I find him playing with those toys more than the actual Imaginext vehicles. Looking forward to seeing images of your customs.

Thanks for the info Joker! I'll most definitely be picking them up then. And hopefully I'll be posting some pics soon of my customs. I have quite a few planned, but its hard finding the time (and making molds, casts, etc can be quite expensive and time consuming).
I remember seeing that GL Batman a while back. Really cool!! :D

PS... I just noticed you said that they had shown a GL Batman a while back!? Are there any pics of that? I would love to see what they had planned!!!!! :shock:

Here is a pic of the Green Lantern Batman that was supposed to be released for the Action League line, but never made it (unless a few got out on eBay) :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3789 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 253  Next