Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Collectibles Launches New Line of 'Injustice' 3 3/4"
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:18 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

No way, Wonder Woman looks like an Amazon army builder waiting to happen but I see nothing of Wonder Woman there, just some Amazonian who stole her boots.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:03 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Damn, I got all excited, 3 3/4 inch DC then I saw the pics. Not bad figures but not really interested in the game costumes. Want the traditional ones in that size.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:17 pm 
active in the community

What the hell?

Why aren't these their normal 7 inch scale??

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:18 pm 
An Insider

Van Statten wrote:
No way, Wonder Woman looks like an Amazon army builder waiting to happen but I see nothing of Wonder Woman there, just some Amazonian who stole her boots.

She would make a good base figure for a custom of the Wonder Woman of Earth 2.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:38 pm 
An Insider

Blanka12 wrote:
What the hell?

Why aren't these their normal 7 inch scale??

Because DC Collectibles and Mattel have both decided to offer figures in different scales.

I am happy to see DC Collectibles expand their 3.75" figure lines in 2013 instead of having to wait until 2014.

DC Collectibles
2013 - 3.75" Green Lantern Convention Exclusive Action Figures
2013 - 3.75" INJUSTICE: Gods Among Us Action Figures

Mattel
2013 - 3.75" Batman Action Figures
2013 - 3.75" Superman: Man of Steel Action Figures
2014 - 3.75" Justice League Action Figures ???

Last edited by joeace on Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:40 pm 
Displays Backwards

That Wonder Woman looks kinda like an Ame-Comi design. Weird.

And Solomon Grundy looks like Marv from Sin City.

But I like them. I know a lot of people are griping about these, just like people griped about the new 52. Why is everybody always hating on change? I like new takes on old characters - do we really need the same thing over and over again until the end of time?

I know I am going to love the Injustice video game like I loved the most recent Mortal Kombat, so I like these - the only thing bugging me is the price.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:44 am 
Hat Pooper

Why not just give us the versions of these characters that they know everyone wants?

Post subject: D.C. 3.75'' line
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:22 pm 
ABS

D.C. is supposedly going to release an ongoing series that began this summer with the Green Lantern SDCC exclusive. I just pre-ordered the new Injustice two packs on BBTS. Since this will be a new series, I suppose it's time we started a thread on this line. I'm pretty excited by these figures. While they don't look as nice as the Marvel Universe series, I still like them better than the JLU line in that I like the level of detail and realism in these figures. And I'm just a fan of the smaller 3.75 line in general. I could never get into the larger figures because of the size and nostalgia factor with the 3.75''

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=19589

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:11 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

BCYa wrote:
But I like them. I know a lot of people are griping about these, just like people griped about the new 52. Why is everybody always hating on change? I like new takes on old characters - do we really need the same thing over and over again until the end of time?

I'll take a stab at this one.

Yes, I do like to see alt versions of my favorite characters' costumes. Especially when they tie back to actual in story appearances or some sort of media tie-in. However, I just don't care for some of the more recent attempts at redesigning these costumes.

Injustice Superman, for example, just looks very odd. Like he is wearing french cut bikini briefs. It just doesn't "read" right. Upcoming, Man of Steel Superman's costume looks odd as well, but that is more of a fabric choice than a design effort. And I truly just don't care for Lee's New 52 redesign either. It just steps a little too far away from what I consider to be the core elements of the iconic costume.

Now Green Arrow and Grundy on the other hand, really don't bother me. The tweaks and alterations are subtle enough that I can still see the "character" in the costume.

To each there own I guess.

But, since it is my money on the line, I'm opting out of these figures in favor of a more classic rendition of the characters that I have come to love over the past 35 or so years.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject: Re: D.C. 3.75'' line
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:04 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Really excited for 3 3/4 inch DC but nothing I have seen yet I have wanted. I'd like classic costumes and the only GL I really want is Hal Jordan. The figures have promise though just do not like the costumes.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:30 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Yes, I do like to see alt versions of my favorite characters' costumes. Especially when they tie back to actual in story appearances or some sort of media tie-in. However, I just don't care for some of the more recent attempts at redesigning these costumes.

Injustice Superman, for example, just looks very odd. Like he is wearing french cut bikini briefs. It just doesn't "read" right. Upcoming, Man of Steel Superman's costume looks odd as well, but that is more of a fabric choice than a design effort. And I truly just don't care for Lee's New 52 redesign either. It just steps a little too far away from what I consider to be the core elements of the iconic costume.

I really like this part of your post! For myself it's never been about change just bad taste. This Injustice Wonder Woman doesn't even come close to looking like her. And Grundy... if you didn't tell me it was Grundy I would have had a bit of a hard time wondering who it was suppose to be. Also the New 52 Jim Lee designs are almost 10 years too late to the party. Awesome toy designs but as for comics not so much, Jimbo missed his design calling when it comes to that.

When you deviate too far from something it does stop being what it started and becomes something else.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:15 pm 
Tis' but a pup

BCYa wrote:
But I like them. I know a lot of people are griping about these, just like people griped about the new 52. Why is everybody always hating on change? I like new takes on old characters - do we really need the same thing over and over again until the end of time?.

To me the problem is we don't have the same thing over and over. Not in this scale. Okay, sure, we got 2 different Wonder Women in the Infinite Heroes line (plus a repaint), but the females in that line were pretty terrible. DC Collectibles is finally giving us DC figures in this scale that can compete with what Hasbro is putting out, but they opt for a version of Wonder Woman that is going to be pretty much unrecognizable to anyone who hasn't played the game. For a toyline that's just getting off the ground, and considering the problems 3.75" DC figures have had in the past, I just feel like it is not a very strong way to start out. The GL packs were great, IMO, but being con-exclusives limited their availability too much.

Really, I have nothing against variants. In fact, I think I own at least 4 different versions of Wonder Woman in the 6-7 inch scale (I also have every variant of He-Man and Skeletor in MoTUC, a couple different Thors in Marvel Universe, both versions of the Fantastic Four pack, 3 different Magnetos, etc, etc). There are probably at least 3-4 different versions of Wonder Woman I would have been perfectly willing to accept (including the New 52 version), but the one we're getting just doesn't look like the character to me.

Now, Deathstroke and GA look fine to me. DS is just a little stylized, but you can instantly tell who it's supposed to be. The only problem for me there is that I really have zero interest in Green Arrow as a character, and I'm not sure if DS is worth $30 to me on his own (especially since the Infinite Heroes version was actually fairly decent, IMO, and I've already decked him out with extra GI Joe weapons).

I really want to support a 3.75" line of DC figures, but right now the character selection is making that hard for me. It's a little frustrating, since I loved the GL packs.

Post subject: Re: D.C. 3.75'' line
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:11 pm 
ABS

ian5555 wrote:
Really excited for 3 3/4 inch DC but nothing I have seen yet I have wanted. I'd like classic costumes and the only GL I really want is Hal Jordan. The figures have promise though just do not like the costumes.

I share your opinion. I am not interested in any DC line unless it's in the 3 3/4 size similar to Marvel Universe. For me, I just look at these initial figures as growing pains. They will improve as they become increasingly popular and as the demand for them increase. I really don't mind them and would rather have some detail than what we saw with JLU.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:35 pm 
Resin

I will own the game for sure but not the figures. I just dont care for the look of any of them in figure form. They just dont look "right" and even though I like some articulation the amount here seem too much. Now if I were a kid the articulation would be kick ass!

Marvel Figures: Deadpool,just about any Deadpool

DC Direct Figures: New 52 Vibe/New 52 Catwoman

[/i][/b]Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:56 pm 
active in the community

I'm going to wait up till I see the entire line, I'm sick of collecting DC lines that start off with a bang and finish before they release all the characters. (I'm looking at you Batman brave bold)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next