Post subject: Play Arts Batman
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:33 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

These look incredible.

http://www.tomopop.com/tdkr-play-arts-b ... 7720.phtml

Post subject: Re: Play Arts Batman
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:38 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

I'm really suprised more people aren't going nuts over this line. Personally, after wave 2, I'd like to see it go at least 2 more waves with Two Face and Gordon and Scarecrow and Ra's. I'd probably even pick up Blake and Talia if they were released, but I think that 10 $70 figures might be my limit. What do you guys think? Which Scarecrow would you want to see? I'd prefer suited Scarecrow from BB with interchangeable masked and Murphy heads over the long straightjacket version that has been mostly what we've gotten from Mattel and was in the movie for all of 30 seconds. As for Ra's, while the suited version was mostly what we saw with him, we got a suited Ra's from Mattel already and I'd really prefer the sparring/battle suit version from BB as well, simply because I feel like it's more Ra's than a suit. Don't guess there's much room for choices with Gordon and Two-Face, but if it comes around to Talia and Blake, I think I'd rather get a Detective Blake, which is how we see him when he's actually doing most of his Batman-esque sleuthing and Talia as she's seen at the end of the movie versus wolf-in-socialite-sheep's clothing Miranda Tate. In fact, I'd probably pass on a Gotham City cop figure and a Miranda Tate figure. It'd really have to be Detective "Robin" and Talia to get my last $140 of that $700. Wouldnt buy Fox, Alfred, Joker Thugs, Dent, Wayne (maaaaaaaaybe suited Wayne, which, if Battle suit Ra's had a removable head, would get you a suited body to use for either, but I wouldnt buy a maskless Batman figure), Maroni, Dawes, Falcone or any other fringe characters. But I for sure would LOOOOOVE to see those first six. And a Batpod.

I wonder if Play Arts has looked into acquiring the Avengers license. Those would be sick. That Hulk would be enourmous. At a 9" scale, I'd say he'd be about 14", right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:46 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

I think its due to the fact that these are 60-70.00 a pop-- yes- they are nice-- (I have the AA Harley)-- (and will probably get the AC Harley and Ivy)-- but they really arent that much nicer than the other figures of those same characters that are currently out (and not 50.00 nicer)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:22 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Agreed. They are very nice.

And if they were $30 or so, I'd be all over them.

Gotta save my money for the SH Monsterarts figures, anyway. :wink:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:01 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Yeah,these look great. Have AA Batman,Joker,and Harley. Pre-ordered Ledger Joker and AC Harley and Ivy.
Was not going to get AC Harley,until I saw the detail on her,and Toywiz had Ivy for $49.99, so I got her also.
I wish these where cheaper,would like to get TDKR Bane and Catwoman.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:44 pm 
Daniel Pickett

I've got the Arkham Batman and Joker. Will probably pick up Harley soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:21 am 

Finally saw these in person. Ordered Bane and will probably pick up Batman if they "feel" right. If this line continues, and I really hope it does, I could see setting up an awesome display with Bane holding Batman over his head, Joker holding Selina at knifepoint while she watches on, Blake on his knees in crippling fear from Scarecrow toxin, Two-Face holding Gordon at gunpoint and Ra's & Talia standing by watching it all go down. Like, a moment before everything goes down, be it the League of Shadows, Joker & Dent taking the day or Batman and his allies doing some miraculous footwork to turn the tide around entirely.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:46 am 

got my Bane and it is awesome. awesome. amazed these aren't flying off the shelves. a couple more accessories here and there would be nice. joker and bats have a decent amount but bane & selina are kinda short. REALLY wanna see Scarecrow and Two-Face in this line. The other 4 would be icing, but SC+2F are musts! hope we see something at SDCC!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:00 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Do you know, I've wondered the same thing. I have these in stock but they just aren't selling as well as I'd expect. Granted, they aren't cheap, but the detail is stunning, you get lots of accessories, a nice themed box and they are 10 inches tall.

I'd love to see them make a Cat Woman figure.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:03 pm 

Selina and the joker are 03 & 04 and are supposed to be out this month. It's officially called the dark knight trilogy line, so I'd be very surprised if we dont at least get a scarecrow figure because that's what trilogy means. My hopes, in order of importance to me, are that we see
05: scarecrow in suit w alternate masked & unmasked heads
06: two-face w alternate Harvey dent head
07: commissioner Gordon from tdk or tdkr
08: ra's al guhl in either a suit or fighting gear from bb
09: Blake in either detective or officer gear
10: talia al guhl as seen at the end of tdkr

Doubt we get them all, but again, unless sales on these are just atrocious, I can't see calling it the dark knight trilogy line and not producing at least one figure from all three movies. I'd also be surprised if we get an Alfred, fox or rachael figure in this line due to it's very articulated built-for-action kind of thing, but if sales take N upswing, who knows?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:09 am 
Tis' but a pup

Just heard that these two are now in stock in the UK distributors. They have enhanced the range :)

They look pretty awesome, but again quite pricey...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:38 pm 

I wish they didn't cost as much, but I don't buy toys very often, so when I see something I like, I get it. I have 15 DCUC figures, 4 marvel figures, the 8 DCD New Gods figures and a heap of Plastic Man stuff and some legos. I will be getting the Axe Cop figures when they come out and I buy maybe 8 titles a month at the comic shop. If I was buying every movie masters and star wars figure out there, I'd probably pass these expensive things up, but this is pretty much the best line of figures made - in uniform packaging, no less! - for my favorite trilogy of superhero movies, so I will be getting most anything that comes out for this line. Especially since I sold off all my Dark Knight, Ghostbusters and Tick movie masters figures and my entire Alex ross Justice collection. Also, If Kai puts out a man of steel Faora that looks as good as that Selina, I'll be picking that up, too. They've already got a Superman and Zod out, which look better than the movie is.