Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars Basic Figures Thread
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:45 am 
Daniel Pickett

He was in a 2-pack and was called' Pre-Cyborg Grevious. Here's a picture - http://www.toydorks.com/displayproduct.php?item=124381

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:14 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

He was originally released as a single in the 30TH anniversary set with the coins..

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/conte ... ent&id=468

There was also a SW Shop exclusive Chiang Concept Art Figure as well released around the same time..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:13 am 
Unbreakable

Cool. Thanks guys. I've been bit by the Starwars Bug and want to pick up some of the odder offerings.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:02 pm 
5" Scale

A little over 2 months since I found the Kmart At-st drivers 2 pack, I finally found the Ewok Scouts pack. Now I'm finally caught up with this year's SW offerings.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:03 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Hmmm.... Rumor is the 2013 "Legacy 2/Droid Factory" assortment that was going to take over for the Vintage collection has been cancelled/discontinued. Wonder what will happen to all those figures they showed at SDCC and Celebration VI?

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=9823

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:13 am 
Collector Inspector

I see that an official statement from Hasbro went up today:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Droid_Factory_Cancelled_149673.asp

I say this...initially, 2012 was a year I was MOST excited to be a Star Wars collector. There was a lot of promise but my morale has been beaten. The Phantom Menace log-jam really wrecked things around here and I don't completely blame Hasbro.

Retailers just don't know how to order and sell toys to the collector and keep things flowing. They sell clothes, kitchen towels and orange juice. It's like, it's just fine by them that 20 Qui-Gon Jins and Naboo security guards are sitting on the pegs for 10 months. Even when the pegs have just 0-3 figures, new stuff is slow to come in.

I think a big casualty is the Build-A-Droid promotion. It's a fun concept that I am fond of. It makes collecting fun. Personally , I love collecting droids. And I'm curious what exactly the cost-issue is that they are talking about? What would have been the price point on these? Too much money and not enough value is what they're saying?

I'm suspicious of the VC re-releases. The Dr.Evazon wave is just now starting to hit some TRUs/Walmarts here. They seemed to sell initially, but it seems to be cooling off. I'm really scared that my area will get more Dr.Evazon/Hoth Luke/Wedge/Barada, etc. when I need Tarkin and Nikto. I'm afraid, due to their distribution problems, Tarkin and Nikto will go to other cities and my area will get the same old assortments.

Since I'm afraid this year will be a dry time for Star Wars, I feel I should be hoarding whatever good stuff is out there now. That means getting off my butt and getting a speeder bike and the various store exclusives now so I have something to enjoy next year when (if) there's nothing to buy.

It might be a good to take a break- that can always be a good thing-but my interest in Star Wars collecting is only increasing and that's entirely due to the quality. between 1996-2006 , I would pick up a Star Wars thing here and there, but I never got into it hardcore because the quality wasn't totally there (the selections and breadth of scenes and characters were awesome though). But around the time of the Anniversary collection and Legacy , I was seeing awesome things on the pegs and then with the release of that Bespin Luke and The Vintage Collection in 2010, I really got into collecting again.

I've been close to switching over to Lego for my Star Wars fix--and I do buy a few sets here and there- But It never quite warms the cockles of my heart. Lego is endless fun, no doubt, but TVC gets all my childhood nostalgia.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:06 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Man, the Rebelscum guys whine just as much about Hasbro as we do about Mattel. :lol:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:41 am 
4" scale

I'm glad the BAD line was cancelled. The only figures I really wanted were the droids and I didn't want to have to buy figures of characters I already had just to get the only new characters. The only other figure I was interested in was the Padme just because the new sculpt was way better than the older one. Other than that, I am tired of the same characters over and over again when there are many yet to be produced characters available (even if they are tertiary characters).

I understand the need to have core characters available but I would rather get Dooku's droid on its own rather than having to buy figures I don't want. Still, where is the accurate Ceremonial Han Solo? A good Ewok Celebration Leia?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:45 am 
3 3/4"

Wasn't Hasbro put in a bind by Lucasfilm with the Phantom Menace wave? Thought I read that somewhere.

Anyway, I don't think this is a big loss. I don't care for the droid parts and, while I wasn't planning to buy much anyway, it's nice to have a breather. I'm perfectly fine with Hasbro's decision. They did say in the statement that the figures will see release in the Fall.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:58 am 
3 3/4"

The only thing I am hopeful for is to possbily track down some figs I missed last year, I have my doubts though given Hasbro's track record.

I think Ep 1 was simply "Oh wait, they released that movie again." kind of reaction. There were some good figures there (Maul especially, but they confused people with 3 releases at once).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:59 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

Did I miss an announcement about new vehicles in green packaging? I found an Obi-Wan thing tonight at Meijer. The vehicle itself looked boring (although there is one with Yoda and a starfighter that looks halfway neat), but the Obi-Wan pack in is a 5 POA job. Please tell me we're not going this route with Star Wars, too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:37 am 
Collector Inspector

I think a lot of Star Wars collectors are still in the dark until Toy Fair on the 8th and the supposed toy reset at Target on the 10th. Ofcourse, It's Target, and my stores will take several days to actually get around to doing it. Nothing ever happens right on the the "Street Date" around here. :x I think there's speculation that there's cases of toys sitting in back stock rooms now. Some Targets are already putting out Batman /Dc Unlimited, but not mine. :x

Someone may correct me, but I think the Green Yoda packaging is for the Spring of 2013 and then in the Summer or Fall the Movie Heroes Line figures we see out there now get new Darth Vader Packaging.

It sounds like the Darth Vader packaging is smaller and low budget. Similar to those cheap little Batman figures we saw this year. I have a feeling this line is geared towards kids and families on a budget. Those cheaper, accessory-less Batman figures just hung around and clogged. I'm sure families who want a cheap toy bought them but I can't believe anyone sees them as a success. But, I understand the need to have something affordable on the pegs.

Along side that, we get The Black Series. The 6-inch figures plus a line 3 3/4 figures. What 's scaring me is the 3 3/4 figures. There was a report from Toy Fair Germany that the packaging is pretty lame and includes some figures from the canceled Legacy Build A Droid line. But , I dunno, I guess we'll find out for sure in a few days.

Meanwhile, the line I ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT: The Vintage Collection is still getting a Re-release of "fan favorites" as far as I know...I think...meaning, figures we should have gotten 3 million years ago. I think Target will hold onto these but I don't know! I hope so!

There was also word of a new line called The Mission Series which are just sorta little 2-packs or Battle Pack type of sets recreating a scene or something.

My head is spinning. Who knows. I just want nice figures! And I want to find them in stores.

I saw one vehicle in the Green Yoda packaging at TRU recently.

Last edited by funtime3 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:04 am 
MINT!

Quote:
Meanwhile, the line I ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT: The Vintage Collection is still getting a Re-release of "fan favorites" as far as I know...I think...meaning, figures we should have gotten 3 million years ago. I think Target will hold onto these but I don't know! I hope so!

I don't know funtime. Targets out here have put all SW Vintage on clearance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:35 am 
4" scale

What scares me is that we will no longer be getting never-before-produced 3-3/4" movie figures. There are still tons of Jabba's palace and Cantina characters to be made (not to mention prequel characters). It seems that the Black Series is being produced to allow people to start over again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:31 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Bingo. Guess I'm done with 3.75 inch Star Wars until the new movie.

And who knows what those figures will look like? :shock:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1448 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95 ... 97  Next