Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel Movie Masters Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:28 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

At that price point, it seems unlikely that there would be a collect and connect.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:37 am 
5th Horseman

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Meh.

Yet again, I am, apparently, in the minority. Nothing in any of those pics is the least bit interesting to me.

I have yet to see anything that makes me say, "yeah, I'll consider it" let alone, "Gotta Have It".

Que?! Esta loco?!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:41 am 
Cold-cast

A collect and connect for MOS would be amazing. I agree the Daily Planet Globe would be pretty sick. I also really want a Lawrence Fishburne Perry White. I have to say that for all of the crap I give Mattel sometimes, their MM line has been consistently great. My second favorite line of theirs behind JLU.

Another interesting thing I noticed in the press release is that Square Enix also has the rights to make figures based on MOS. They are doing some pretty cool stuff with the Dark Knight, Arkham Asylum and Arkham City licenses so I'm curious to see what they knock out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:49 am 
Cold-cast

...And here is Jor-El! Also, a nice shot of the Elseworlds Vampire Batman from the Batman Unlimited Line.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/2013/01/ ... figure/#/0

So far the first MM wave is:

Superman
Zod
Jor-El

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:17 pm 
5th Horseman

Well they are certainly the best of the bunch so far. But I still think the movie is going to be ... Off.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:04 pm 
5" Scale

We're assuming these will be in scale with the Batman Movie Masters? ;)

I think I'll only be buying the Superman one unless there's a C&C I feel I have to have. N

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:04 am 
Variant Head

Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:
Yeah these are definite buys for me. I have all the Batman and Green Lantern Movie Masters and will get all of these too. I bet we will see another version of Zod in the line too. One with his armor and facial hair.

Totally agree! These figures look incredible. Thanks for the links folks.

Can't wait to see the entire line. I bet we'll get Faora and Zod in armor too.

Great yaer to be a Movie Masters collector :mrgreen:

The only articulation missing from the Dark Knight line is the torso articulation that would not look good in the Superman figure anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:01 am 
Collector Inspector

That Superman is a definite , immediate buy for me. He looks awesome. The others...I'll wait until they end up at Tuesday Morning in a year and a half. I got burned on the GL Movie Masters and couldn't find half the DKR Movie Masters so now I know how to approach Mattel's Movie toys.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:46 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

I'll say about these what I said about the GL figures... If the movie is bad, I won't own them because they will remind me of the disappointment. That being said, if the film is good, I really like these figures. The Superman is excellent. That's a definite buy for me... if the movie doesn't rip my heart out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:54 am 
5th Horseman

funtime3 wrote:
That Superman is a definite , immediate buy for me. He looks awesome. The others...I'll wait until they end up at Tuesday Morning in a year and a half. I got burned on the GL Movie Masters and couldn't find half the DKR Movie Masters so now I know how to approach Mattel's Movie toys.

I was pretty frustrated with the TDKR MM collection at retail, as well. But, lucky me, just before Christmas, I snagged Ra's Al Ghul, Blake, and Catwoman for $9.99 each at Walmart.com. The only one I'm missing is Gordon. (Well, and I'm still trying to swap out my straight jacket Scarecrow for the bolo tie version). With GL, I'm still deciding whether or not I want to finish. I have Hal, Tomar, and NautKeLoi. Depends on the quality of the others, I guess.

But, all-in-all, these Superman figures look to be the best MM figures I've seen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:56 am 
5th Horseman

Backward Galaxy wrote:
I'll say about these what I said about the GL figures... If the movie is bad, I won't own them because they will remind me of the disappointment. That being said, if the film is good, I really like these figures. The Superman is excellent. That's a definite buy for me... if the movie doesn't rip my heart out.

I think that's also another big reason I haven't gone out of my way to pick up all the GL figures. But, if I've learned one thing in the past few years: "In Nolan We Trust."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:57 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaah...is that what kryptonian scientists wear in this new movie with morbid johnathan kent and "jenny olsen"? cause, yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah, zack snyder, ladies and gentlemen. i really hope superman doesnt use a cel phone or drink a red bull in this new "film".

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:31 am 
declined to be a vampire

HalJordanist wrote:
funtime3 wrote:

I was pretty frustrated with the TDKR MM collection at retail, as well. But, lucky me, just before Christmas, I snagged Ra's Al Ghul, Blake, and Catwoman for $9.99 each at Walmart.com. The only one I'm missing is Gordon. (Well, and I'm still trying to swap out my straight jacket Scarecrow for the bolo tie version). With GL, I'm still deciding whether or not I want to finish. I have Hal, Tomar, and NautKeLoi. Depends on the quality of the others, I guess.

But, all-in-all, these Superman figures look to be the best MM figures I've seen.

Yep, I picked up the entire Batman line from Walmart online right before christmas. I then bought a lot of loose figures from the previous movies for next to nothing and got about 25 figures.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:25 am 
Variant Head

http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&al ... 0&sl=19896

Weird, every other Zod figure has that beard. Why not the Movie Masters one?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:46 am 
5th Horseman

[imgur-album][/imgur-album]
Magog wrote:
http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=2013_New_York_Toy_Fair%2FMezco%2FMan_Of_Steel&pic=0000.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=19896

Weird, every other Zod figure has that beard. Why not the Movie Masters one?

Well, if it's just something that Mattel has dropped the ball on, they're usually pretty good about accommodating us, aren't they?

...à la Slime Blower Winston...

My only thought would be, (provided we don't get some type of reasonable explanation), that the masses make enough noise to be heard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next