Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Matty Reveals LEAKED
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:05 am 
categorically opposed

The_Donster wrote:
OK, am I doing something wrong? Every time I click on it or copy and paste it doesn't bring me to the page with the upcoming figures. I'm sure it will be on their Facebook page, but probably won't be looking until much later in the day. Driving around running errands today. Something that cracks me up is when folks whine about spoilers after popping into a thread. C'mon, didn't you read the thread title before you popped in?

They yanked the pics. I wouldn't look for the pics to return until Sunday...but they've obviously been stolen and put on other sites out there somewhere by now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:24 am 
Brand Manager

The_Donster wrote:
OK, am I doing something wrong? Every time I click on it or copy and paste it doesn't bring me to the page with the upcoming figures. I'm sure it will be on their Facebook page, but probably won't be looking until much later in the day. Driving around running errands today. Something that cracks me up is when folks whine about spoilers after popping into a thread. C'mon, didn't you read the thread title before you popped in?

Here you go...

http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-59/ ... motu-7183/

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:29 am 
ABS

I think the reveals look great! I hope there's a few more surprises left for Sunday. For DCUC anyways. :wink:

Huntress looks great. This is the costume I wanted for her, so this figure works for me.

Fire looks great too. I didn't have a favorite costume in mind for her, but this one looks really good. Now all we need is a matching Ice. :D

Comedian looks good too. About what I expected. Glad I subbed, but man it's going to be a long wait to get the whole group.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:32 am 
ABS

Huntress looks amazing. I need 2 for my batman family display and birds of prey display :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:32 am 
ABS

Fire looks great too, her hair could've been done better but overall, its a freaking awesome figure. But Huntress is just AMAZING

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:04 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Honestly I'm surprised they bothered to pull them. They know the minute they put them up they were everywhere.

I like Fire as well. She's not perfect but pretty good. The Huntres I think is very well done.

And is it just me that doesn't know but maybe 3 of the MOTUC reveals?

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:16 pm 
ABS

Poor Scott can't catch a break.

DC:

Huntress features a lot more new tooling than I originally thought! She looks to be as close to a 100% tooled figure as we are going to get in DCIE. I'm glad the 4 Horsemen took such great care in making the sculpt as detailed as possible. She looks absolutely amazing. Helena in this outfit would have definitely sold well at retail. I really hope that ToyGuru is smart enough to significantly increase the production numbers on this figure or we are going to see her sell out like MOTU Classics figures in 2010 (when some figures sold out in less than five minutes). If they don't make enough of her, there is going to be a riot! My only issue with this figure is that the lower half of the mask makes Helena look like she has a male jaw line. Seriously, she almost looks like she has a wider jawline than Bruce! Other than the lower half of the mask, this figure is perfect. I would love to get an Earth-2 Huntress as well at some point.

Fire looks great as well. Here's hoping that Ice is coming up soon as well! The only thing I'm unsure of is the soft plastic boot tops. I know that the Steppenwolf figure (Kirby green version) was a great example of how they could make soft plastic boot tops without having to tool brand new shin pieces. This is slighly different since it is meant to give the boots that "loose" look and I'm worried that it will affect the ankle articulation.

MOTUC:

Castle Greyskull looks to really rejuvenate this line. I wonder how many new MOTUC collectors will come out of the woodwork once this display piece makes it way out to the public. The castle couldn't have come at a better time for this line. The Four Horsemen really went to town on the detail work, especially when you look at the paint master pieces that MTV Geek unveiled. Here's hoping that the actual production paint comes close to Horsemen's paint master prototype. I will reserve judgement on scale until Scott's presentation on Sunday. Right now, we don't know exactly where on the castle bridge Clawful is standing. It could produce a forced perspective that throws off the scale.

Mantenna looks great, but I can't tell from these few pictures if each of the 4 legs can be moved independently of each other. I can see that all 4 legs have their own knee and ankle joints, but it almost looks like the two legs on each side are attached at thigh. I would have loved a Filmation-style head as well, but I'm happy with the one head we are getting. Mantenna is a surprise to me since I would have expected him for 2014 to sell subs. Both Ram Man and Mantenna in the same year? There are not all that many high profile vintage Masters characters left - TwoBad and Tung (Tongue) Lashor seem to be the two most requested figures left (assuming that Scott's hints that Horde Troopers were the 2-pack for this year are true).

Castaspella was a given since she's Scott's favorite Great Rebellion character. I'm glad she's in her Filmation-style outfit but with detailing from the toy; a perfect amalgamation.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:56 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

BlackCanary wrote:
Poor Scott can't catch a break.

DC:

Huntress features a lot more new tooling than I originally thought! She looks to be as close to a 100% tooled figure as we are going to get in DCIE. I'm glad the 4 Horsemen took such great care in making the sculpt as detailed as possible. She looks absolutely amazing. Helena in this outfit would have definitely sold well at retail. I really hope that ToyGuru is smart enough to significantly increase the production numbers on this figure or we are going to see her sell out like MOTU Classics figures in 2010 (when some figures sold out in less than five minutes). If they don't make enough of her, there is going to be a riot! My only issue with this figure is that the lower half of the mask makes Helena look like she has a male jaw line. Seriously, she almost looks like she has a wider jawline than Bruce! Other than the lower half of the mask, this figure is perfect. I would love to get an Earth-2 Huntress as well at some point.

Production of Huntress is the same numbers as the rest of the line. they ordered raw materials based on the subscription numbers, plus CS stock, and a few percent for day of sales. I subscribed, so I'm all set!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:36 pm 
ABS

Captain Collector wrote:
Production of Huntress is the same numbers as the rest of the line. they ordered raw materials based on the subscription numbers, plus CS stock, and a few percent for day of sales. I subscribed, so I'm all set!

I have heard that as well, but it doesn't fit with previous information. Scott has answered numerous Ask Matty questions in the past few years mentioning that they do adjust production numbers on figures based on popularity. One of the ones that springs instantly to mind was regarding Sorceress (and once again last year when asked about Ram Man). Scott answered that they do occassionally produce more "day of" stock for certain popular characters.

Last year, Scott has mentioned that there will be far fewer baseline "day of" figures available in 2013 compared to previous years. However, I believe that they will still adjust production numbers for individual SKUs. For example, Scott teased that the Horde Troopers were possibly the MOTUC army builder 2-pack for 2013. If they pre-purchase the plastic and keep all SKUs at the exact same number, then they will produce the same number of Horde Trooper 2-packs ( a VERY popular army builder) as they will make of Karatti (from NA He-Man).

Bottom line: Without actual production numbers or Scott chiming in on this topic both of us are dealing with a lack of information. It would make more business sense to produce more of certain figures based upon popularity. I definitely believe Scott is telling us the truth when he says that 2013 will have a much lower baseline with regards to "day of" figure production numbers in general. I just think Scott knows certain SKUs will be more popular than others and probably pre-purchased more plastic to accomodate for the slight increase in production numbers of those SKUs. However what makes sense and what happens are not always one and the same.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:38 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

BlackCanary wrote:
Captain Collector wrote:

I have heard that as well, but it doesn't fit with previous information. Scott has answered numerous Ask Matty questions in the past few years mentioning that they do adjust production numbers on figures based on popularity. One of the ones that springs instantly to mind was regarding Sorceress (and once again last year when asked about Ram Man). Scott answered that they do occassionally produce more "day of" stock for certain popular characters.

Last year, Scott has mentioned that there will be far fewer baseline "day of" figures available in 2013 compared to previous years. However, I believe that they will still adjust production numbers for individual SKUs. For example, Scott teased that the Horde Troopers were possibly the MOTUC army builder 2-pack for 2013. If they pre-purchase the plastic and keep all SKUs at the exact same number, then they will produce the same number of Horde Trooper 2-packs ( a VERY popular army builder) as they will make of Karatti (from NA He-Man).

Bottom line: Without actual production numbers or Scott chiming in on this topic both of us are dealing with a lack of information. It would make more business sense to produce more of certain figures based upon popularity. I definitely believe Scott is telling us the truth when he says that 2013 will have a much lower baseline with regards to "day of" figure production numbers in general. I just think Scott knows certain SKUs will be more popular than others and probably pre-purchased more plastic to accomodate for the slight increase in production numbers of those SKUs. However what makes sense and what happens are not always one and the same.

This ain't MOTUC. Captain Collector is correct.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:34 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

zoomfactor32 wrote:
I think the reveals look great! I hope there's a few more surprises left for Sunday. For DCUC anyways. :wink:

Don't get your hopes up too much because they really revealed way more than they should have for DCUC at SDCC last year to get subs then they showed two more at NYCC plus the unpainted Huntress. As it is now we know up through September, they'll have to save those last three for SDCC this year.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:23 am 

Quote:
This ain't MOTUC. Captain Collector is correct.

Believe it or not, I actually have a little more information than the average collector ;)

DCUC is NOT MOTUC. There isn't much faith at Mattel in CIE. production of this year's run is based solely on sub numbers, with "X" percent made for customer service stock, and "X" percent made for say of sales (I'm sworn to secrecy). After the allotted length if time, leftover CS stock is released for sale. After that, no more. And this year, sub numbers were very low, so expect the most popular figures (if Huntress is one of them)
To sell out quickly. Best bet is to subscribe if you want them all, get one day of sale or from places like BBTS which charge a premium.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:46 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

No one really knows here for sure regarding production numbers but it would make sense if they adjusted production numbers for MOTU mid-sub because they were selling out in minutes you'd expect them to do the same thing for DC. Course I'm sure people would say Mattel never does what makes sense. Bottom line is no one here truly knows for sure what Mattel will do unless Scott chimed in prolly.

As far as the figures go not really interested in any so far. About the only thing I'd be interested in now would be LOSH figures.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:03 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Gotta give them credit if I'm going to rip them when I don't like the figs. Huntress and Fire look really good.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:08 pm 

There just might be a few floating around here who could possibly have a close idea on production numbers, but they'd never tell.
I know if I knew such things but was sworn to secrecy, you'd never get it out of me ;)