Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 48  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mattel Announces an Adam West Batman Toy Line
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:12 pm 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

yup. pretty awesome. these might actually get me to give mattel some more of my money. the thought of batman and robin in a batmobile ridin up on all four baddies from the movie kinda makes my wallet whince. that's $150 easy right there, but i think it might be worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:46 am 
Loose, Missing Package

No word on Batgirl and the Batgirl cycle?... Those would be the only other items absolutely needed on top of what has already been revealed, anything else would be icing...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:08 am 
Brand Manager

I noticed the Batmobile comes with safety belts. Which is great!!! But at the same time left me wondering... do the doors open?

'Cause to be honest... it looks like getting Batman & Robin to sit "prime & proper" in the Batmobile is going to require some work. Wouldn't be the first time, though.

http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?dispsize=600 ... w&sl=19959

PS: Any mention of additional bat-accessories besides the Surfboard? You know... like Batarangs & Bat-Shark Repellent?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:00 am 
Wonderdog

batfink wrote:
Mattel, if you are listening, whoever sculpted the Movie Masters MOS Superman figure...have him do the rest of the line. Stop BATphoning it in and try a little harder.

fixed!

:mrgreen:

Since the 60s series can be seen on some cable/sat channel a few times a week, AND that moms will see these and tell their kids this what they watched when they were kids, Mattel's requirements have been met.

And they do look very good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:48 pm 
shirtless hugger

Jim_Abell wrote:
No word on Batgirl and the Batgirl cycle?... Those would be the only other items absolutely needed on top of what has already been revealed, anything else would be icing...

A Batboat and Batcopter would be cool too, but I bet that's too much to ask for.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:16 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I have a big sense of nostalgia for the Batcopter. I had a diecast version back in the 70's with a built in sky hook. I must have played with that thing for 1000's of hours.

:D

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:35 pm 
Brand Manager

Shellhead wrote:
I have a big sense of nostalgia for the Batcopter. I had a diecast version back in the 70's with a built in sky hook. I must have played with that thing for 1000's of hours.

:D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:41 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

Close. It was this one:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:45 am 
An Insider

They say a Joker is coming for the 1966 Batman line however some questions, does anybody know??

Do you think they make other villans??? such as: Mr Freeze, CatWoman, King Tut, Mad Hatter , etc
What about more heroes??? BatGirl, Commissioner Gordon, Police Chief, Alfred the Butler

Or is this 1 time line for 2013 and thats it ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:55 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I've seen announcements for Joker (with Mustache!), and Catwoman (which actress though I'm not sure) as well as Barbie off-shoots and some other peripheral items.

I'd think that since this license is so long in the making that the line will continue as long as there is retail support for it.

Basically, if we keep buying in large enough numbers to satisfy Target, Walmart, and TRU, the line will have a life span of more than a wave or two.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:18 pm 
shirtless hugger

I think these guys look great. I hope they get to all of the crazy villains (Louie the Lilac! The Minstrel!), and I'd love figures of Bruce, Dick, Alfred, Aunt Harriet, Commissioner Gordon, Chief O'Hara, and Barbara Gordon.

An amazing SDCC exclusive would be The Green Hornet, Kato, and Colonel Gumm.

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:21 pm 
Collector Inspector

Really looking forward to this line.
Might be one I actually collect solely to leave in package. At least most of it.
Definitely getting the Batclimb 2pack and the Batmobile. I have wanted a screen accurate 2seater batmobile MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!

I wonder if one of the windows open on the batclimb two-pack display piece?
Because if you cannot have cameos by your other action figures its kinda not worth it.

If this line lasts a few years and needs a pick me up later on, perhaps it could rebrand itself as "Batmania".
It could be a way to sneak in figures that were part of the craze but not necessarily part of the show -
People from the batclimbs like Lurch, Green Hornet, and Kato. The Monkees due to Burgess Meredith's blatantly obvious cameo.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:48 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I'm surprised Matty isn't offering this brand as part of their collector's subscription deal. Don't get me wrong, I'm buying the whole bloody line (including Surf's Up Batman, a John Astin Riddler & the Julie, Eartha, and Lee versions of Catwoman if they're ever available). I don't see the line going too far down into the rogues gallery as I doubt they obtained clearance for those actors' likenesses, but I would love to be proven wrong.

One can only hope that the line will be successful enough for the episodes to get a bone fide release on home video.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:08 pm 
serves the Otter

slobass wrote:
I'm surprised Matty isn't offering this brand as part of their collector's subscription deal.

Probably because they are anticipating there's enough demand for this line that it can suceed at mass retail and various online retailers. And they are probably right.

That only thing that bugs me is their immediate production of the Batmobile for this line, offering it as a TRU exclusive, and yet they never bothered to give us an ECTO-1 in the Ghostbusters line, claiming it just wasn't feasible to do in that scale. So now, in retrospect, Mattel looks like hypocrites. An ECTO-1 in that scale, with the same apparent quality that has been put into this Batmobile, would have probably sold very well as a TRU exclusive and may have generated more interest in Mattel's GB line to keep it going for at least another year. :(

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:56 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I think you are vastly over-estimating the demand for GB merchandise.

While an Ecto-1 is cool, I don't see it having half the draw that a Batmobile will have at retail.
Matty saying it just wasn't feasible to do the Ecto-1 in 6" scale is, I'm assuming, based on cost of production and the related "retail" price they would need to have charged for it, and not anything to do with their actual ability to make it happen.

Vehicles, in general are a very hard sell. Aside from GI Joe and Star Wars, can you think of any other line that really has a dedicated audience intent on buying any and all vehicles released for a toy line?

I was honestly on the fence about buying into this line in the first place. But having seen the pics I am much more likely to pick up some figures when I see them. And I own several versions of the Batmobile from the different scales that Hot Wheels has offered. But I still have no desire to buy the 6" Batmobile (no matter how cool it is) when it hits retail simply because of the amount of space it will take up in a display or storage and I wouldn't buy into any other vehicle line for a 6" toy either.

Clearly, our opinions differ, but hey, enjoy. Ya know?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 48  Next