Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thor Comic/Movie Line
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:06 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

stewbacca wrote:
billydj wrote:
Hey anybody who has Sif can you give me an ideal or a pic of how she looks next to Black Widow or any of those females and or X-23 :

I checked last night
No pictures but X-23 is slightly taller than Sif, who in turn is just slightly taller than the new invisible woman--
However I think part of the height is due more to the extended neck than the body itself-- if you shave the ball joint down or widen the hole in the head-- you may be able to push her head down a little more on the peg and make her a little shorter...

Hey Stew, I appreciate the additional info. I actually want Sif's top of head to go about MU modern Thor's lower portion of chin, lol. I guess I have a lot of mashing parts to get her that height but only if her head's not too small. I don't know, I may just cancel my bid and wait for She-Hulk and have her resculpted into a Sif.

Okay, too late to cancel bid, just checked. It's only 6 hrs left. Okay, I will make her body and head work for something.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:16 am 
Tis' but a pup

I gave a mini review on her a few pages back (well, probably many pages back by now). I found her extremely underwhelming, and a huge step down from the Warrior's Three. The main problem is her face; it's just extremely plain and bland. It's one of the most expressionless faces I've seen from Hasbro, and one of the least attractive females. Not even ugly, just flat and uninteresting. I've been trying to find a suitable replacement head, but so far nothing has fit quite right (most of the other Hasbro 3 3/4" females I've tried actually have noticeably larger heads than she does).

Aside from that, she also has some extremely skinny arms, and I feel as if the joints in her elbows and wrists are cut at slightly odd angles, making a lot of her possible poses look slightly awkward. She also only comes with two white swords; one is just a sword, the other is two stuck together into a double-bladed sword. Both are made of the same gummy material as you typically find in Bandai weapons, and don't look particularly good, IMO. If you want good swords, you can find better ones elsewhere (GI Joes aren't a bad place to look, and the movie Captain Britain figure comes with a pretty decent 3 3/4 straight sword).

On the plus side, her outfit isn't bad, and her torso and legs are done pretty well, which is why I haven't gotten rid of the figure yet. Really, if I could just find a good replacement head I'd be happy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:19 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

Hey Freefall, I want repeat everything you said but I appreciate the detailed info on Sif. I had a gut feeling I should have waited. Oh, well, I will have to wait and see when she and the others arrive.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:11 am 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

Been holding out on these, mainly because they don't match up with the MU line, but I finally broke down last night. I guess $4 is a good price for a Frost Giant.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:44 am 

Got another Frost Giant at another Walmart for $3 this morning.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:02 pm 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

Found a Lady Sif, picked it up because I read in a thread somebody wanted it. Any takers? The new figures from Toy Fair look great, excited for the line.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:43 pm 

Sif is tempting because I don't have her and never saw one on the pegs, but I don't have the money yet. Sill seeing Warriors 3 though.

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:05 am 
Daniel Pickett

I still need Sif!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:26 pm 
Displays Backwards

I found one Sif once at a TJ Maxx I think. Pretty lucky.

Still haven't seen King Laufey but I saw him on Ebay for not that much - still not bargain retail $6 prices or nothing, but not crazy high.

Has anybody ever seen Heimdall at retail? He's one guy that looked damn cool that seemed to never come out anywhere - maybe Canada, they get a lot of the misfit toys.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:24 am 
Variant Head

BCYa wrote:
I found one Sif once at a TJ Maxx I think. Pretty lucky.

Still haven't seen King Laufey but I saw him on Ebay for not that much - still not bargain retail $6 prices or nothing, but not crazy high.

Has anybody ever seen Heimdall at retail? He's one guy that looked damn cool that seemed to never come out anywhere - maybe Canada, they get a lot of the misfit toys.

CW Price was the only place I ever found him ....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:32 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I found two Laufey's at a Marshall's last year (kept one, traded the other to a fellow AFIer). That's the only time I've ever seen him.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:10 pm 

Well, I have good news and I have bad news.

The bad news: I went to Fallas Discount (formerly Fallas Paredes ) looking for PotC figures for a custom I am working on. I did not find any.

But then a miracle happened.

The good news:

:mrgreen:

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:30 pm 
Cold-cast

Holy cow! Well done Mudd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:27 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

My brother found the new movie Figures In Waldorf MD yesterday (forgot to ask if he was at TRU or Target)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:19 pm 
MINT!

I saw them at TRU last week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next