Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3890 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 260  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:40 am 
Tis' but a pup

i showed the pics to my boy and he loved the new batcave and fortress of solitude.the figures look really nice too and i,m sure they will be packed with the playsets.cant wait to see what carded figures come out.the new batcave should make a nice center piece to put between the other two batcaves.batman needs alot of room for all those cars,jets,boats and copters.lol.i collect dc universe and marvel ledgends but i have to say that my sons stuff is much cooler.well until i get my 60,s batman stuff.now if only hasbro would get on the ball with there marvel adventure hero,s line.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:40 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Thanks for the pics of the Monster Inc sets. There was a really cool Buzz Lightyear set that would make a great base for Brainiac...if they ever make him.

Seeing those pics of the old Spider-Man and Friends figures reminded me of something. They are using those same feet and bodies for new kid friendly Avengers & Marvel Heroes. Check out the Avengers section of Toy Fair.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:03 am 
Tis' but a pup

yeah this is there version of heroworld.i picked up the spiderman for my kid for Christmas and it fit in well with the heroworld figures.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:17 am 
Cold-cast

rickwj324 wrote:
The_Joker13 wrote:
I do agree Robin needs a cape.

I'm working on a few customs, including a more 'proper' Robin. For those interested in easily putting a cape on their child's Robin, you can simply heat the Robin in boiling water for 20-30 seconds or so and his head will easily pop off. I removed a cape from an extra Batman figure by that same method and placed it onto my son's Robin. Pop the head back on and the cape is securely in place. Here's a pic of his figure:

Real simple... takes a couple of minutes to do! I'll be posting some pics soon of a few customs I'm working on.

--Rick

I showed your Robin to my son and........ya, now I have to give Robin a cape. I really like the Robin with a cape but hopefully I dont ruin his only Robin figure (lol). THANKS for the post and the instructions !!!

PS.....I replied back to your PM

Davis

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:05 pm 
Tis' but a pup

i just superglued robins cape to the edge of his collar .worked fine

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:29 pm 
Knows his stuff

to_count wrote:
I showed your Robin to my son and........ya, now I have to give Robin a cape. I really like the Robin with a cape but hopefully I dont ruin his only Robin figure (lol). THANKS for the post and the instructions !!!Davis

If you've never popped off the head of one of these...its super easy. When you look at the Robin and Batman figures, the molded cape part and the head are one piece. There is a rather long post on the body that goes up through a hole in the head. The cape has a hole in the center of it and some hardened glue to keep it from ripping around the hole. When you heat the Batman or Robin figure, just dip his head in the hot water for just a little bit and then grab it with a towel (so you don't burn yourself) and simply pull it. It will pop right off and then simply slip the cape off. Put the cape on the post of the robin figure and pop the head back onto the post. Once its cooled down it will be just as tight as it was before and the cape will be just as sturdy as it was when it was on the Batman figure. Obviously you could also cut a cape from some spare cloth and simply poke a little hole in it to fit on the neck post.

I plan on buying some fabric spray adhesive and make a proper Robin cape (black fabric on one side and yellow fabric on the other). Glue them with the adhesive and install it like I did with this one and voila!! Also have to paint those green boots black!! ;)

Rick

UPDATE: I just popped off another Robin's head and took a pic a few minutes ago. Batman looks the same way with his head popped off. I held his head under the boiled water for about 40 seconds, wrapped him in a towel so I could hold onto him and pulled the head right off.
After you put the cape on Robin, you'll want to pop the head back on pretty quick before it cools down...otherwise it'll be pretty tight to push back on. If it has cooled down, just stick it back in the water for a few seconds and it'll push right back on with no issues.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:52 pm 
Cold-cast

DONE........that was simple !!!

Thanks alot, my son will have a surprise when he gets home today from school.

You the "MAN" Rick, thanks again

D's

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:13 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Rick and to_count,
You can also use Robin's cape from a batman the animated series figure. This is what it looks like.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:37 am 
Knows his stuff

@Davis - Glad it went well for ya! Hope the little one enjoys it!!
@Larry - That looks good! I'm going to make a cape similar to that but will put it under the head. Will post pics soon.

--Rick

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:59 am 

to_count wrote:
Larry wrote:
While we seem to all be waiting to see what new Imaginext we might be getting at Toy Fair I thought I'd ask a question. What new Items would you like to see come out this year?

I know what I'd like to see...

Larry.....I loved your GG figure so much, I had to try it myself

Ra's Al Ghul

Thanks again for the inspiration

Davis
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25078

No problem at all Davis. It looks great!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:00 am 
Cold-cast

I had to try that trick to add a cape for Robin and I cannot believe how easy it was. Thanks for the tip and now my son has a new Robin to add to his collection.

Love the Ra's Al Ghul custom, that looks unbelievable.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:06 pm 
Knows his stuff

The_Joker13 wrote:
Thanks for the tip and now my son has a new Robin to add to his collection.

Glad I could help! I really don't get why Mattel made the Robin head like that...obviously they realized there was supposed to be a cape. With all the times they've re-released that figure, you'd think that they would've stuck a cape under there before now!! :wink:

Interestingly...that new Robin sculpt that will come with the 2013 Batcave doesn't have a cape sculpt around his neck. I don't get it.... :roll:

Rick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:21 pm 
PVC

Battastic wrote:
Thanks for the pics of the Monster Inc sets. There was a really cool Buzz Lightyear set that would make a great base for Brainiac...if they ever make him.

http://toyfair13.asmzine.com/gallery/ma ... 07018.html
Now I want the Detection Van and funny yellow guy. The Monster Inc big set is interesting but I'll probably pass. I did recently pick up the junk yard set from Toy Story 3 at a consignment shop. I hope to pick up the Buzz Lightyear base. The Buzz base makes me want a Zurg and a regiment of Star Command troopers to follow Buzz around.

Still need more females in these lines.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:54 pm 

The new line of bats and sups were good. I don't know about you but the new robin and bats and sups looked great. If you hadn't noticed the newer figures are more detailed and they look great. Would love to see lex luthor, darseid, brainiac, bizarro. Also would love to see John Stewart, and senestro maybe star sapphire. Black manta, gorilla grodd, cheetah. Green arrow, Martian Manhunter is a must!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:54 am 
Knows his stuff

Big IV wrote:
The Buzz base makes me want a Zurg and a regiment of Star Command troopers to follow Buzz around.

FYI: You can purchase the following 'replacement' figures directly from Mattel for $12
Figure(w/ Blaster) Bag for IMGX TS3 Pizza Planet 1 Blaster, 1 Alien Figure 1 Buzz Figure, and 1 Zurg Figure.
Price : $12.00

You can purchase it at the following link: https://store.mattel.com/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=140&item=62108

--Rick

PS: martian MILFhunter... your name cracks me up!! :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3890 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111 ... 260  Next