Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:14 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

texgnome1 wrote:
Yeah, seriously TG you should just stop. Whether what you're saying is true or not, that kind of answer is only going to stir up the nerdrage pot even further.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:17 pm 
ABS

Matty has already posted their March 15th sale....before we've even had our February 15th sale!

The big news:

Fang Man will not be sold to Day of Sale buyers! Only subscribers get Fang Man!

Also, March early access features the convention exclusive Strobo! Strobo will be available for Early Access in March before anyone else has a chance to buy the figure at PowerCon and other conventions later on in the year.

Here's the post:
MattyCollector wrote:
•DCU: Elongated Man (monthly figure, included with Club Infinite Earths subscriptions)
•DCU: Dr. Manhattan (bi-monthly figure, included with Club Black Freighter subscriptions)
•MOTUC: Mekaneck® (remaining Customer Service stock – not included with Club Eternia® subscriptions; subject to Early Access sell-out)
•MOTUC: Keldor™ (remaining Customer Service stock – not included with Club Eternia® subscriptions; subject to Early Access sell-out)
•MOTUC Clamshells (new! Custom-designed to protect your in-pack figures)
•WWE® Elite Collection Flashback Shawn Michaels®
•WWE® Elite Collection Flashback Miss Elizabeth™

Early Access

The Early Access period for subscribers is Thursday, March 14th at 8 a.m. PT through Friday, March 15th at 8 a.m. PT.

For March, the figures are Strobo, Mekaneck® and Keldor™. Strobo is our “traveling convention figure” for 2013 and he’s currently only available through Early Access, so if you’re a subscriber to any of our clubs, congratulations on that smart decision! Everyone else will have to wait for Power-Con or the other conventions, or get him on MattyCollector.com… if any figures remain! The other figures for Early Access are Mekaneck® and Keldor™. Neither figure is included with 2013 Club Eternia® subscriptions and if they sell out during Early Access they won’t be available to the general public during the regular monthly sale. Most are leftover Customer Service stock – they’re first run (not reissues) and won’t have the burst on the package. And finally, a reminder that Early Access products are sold separately from subscription products so shipping can’t be combined.

Club Eternia® Subscriber-only Figures

•MOTUC: Fang Man™ (monthly figure, included with Club Eternia® subscriptions – not sold 3/15 at MattyCollector.com)
•MOTUC: King He-Man™ & Sub-ternia™ Map (exclusive club items – included with 2013 Club Eternia® subscriptions)

When the subscriptions went on sale last year, we mentioned that some figures would not be sold on the day of the monthly sale, and that’s the case with Fang Man™. He will only be shipped to subscribers of Club Eternia®. This month also brings the King He-Man™ figure, arriving with the Sub-ternia™ Map. These exclusive items ship only to subscribers of Club Eternia®, one of the many advantages of club subscriptions!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:15 pm 
categorically opposed

BlackCanary wrote:
Fang Man will not be sold to Day of Sale buyers! Only subscribers get Fang Man!

I'm not sure if I want to see the sh-tstorm that's going to result from this bit of news.

The reactions to Castle Grayskull have been mind-bogglingly over-the-top, so I'm sure it'll just get more insane.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:19 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Well thats a lost sale for Matty from me- good business decision. :? .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:37 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

You should have bought the sub.

:wink:

Kidding, kidding. :lol:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:38 pm 
active in the community

The Fang Man decision is utter crap. Mattel announces a new Filmation only subscription for 6 figures and then does this. That is ridiculous. If they knew he wasn't going to be popular enough to not make more than the subscription quantity, why did they waste a spot on him. They could of put him in the Filmation line up and used that spot for a vintage figure in classics form. He was one of the few sub figures that I wanted, but there were far too many I didn't want to get a sub. If he would of been in the Filmation sub then there would of been 4 great figures that would of made me pull the trigger on the Filmation sub. I say it again, this blows. Hate to see how much Fang Man might end up going for on the secondary market.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:54 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

spect_spidey wrote:
I say it again, this blows. Hate to see how much Fang Man might end up going for on the secondary market.

Like almost every MOTUC figure after the initial rush-- less than it originally sold for..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:40 am 

Except Teela.

:(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:53 pm 
Bob Vila

Shellhead wrote:
Except Teela.

:(

I can't find Roboto for a good deal either. :(

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:40 am 
serves the Otter

stewbacca wrote:
spect_spidey wrote:
I say it again, this blows. Hate to see how much Fang Man might end up going for on the secondary market.

Like almost every MOTUC figure after the initial rush-- less than it originally sold for..

Castle Grayskull-Man is still hard to find. I think??!? Fang-Man's weird though. I mean, being that he is also missing from the Early Access list... well, it looks like his production run was deliberately limited to just subscriptions. For all we know, Mattel might not even have enough replacement stock.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:48 am 
categorically opposed

red Ricky wrote:
Castle Grayskull-Man is still hard to find. I think??!? Fang-Man's weird though. I mean, being that he is also missing from the Early Access list... well, it looks like his production run was deliberately limited to just subscriptions. For all we know, Mattel might not even have enough replacement stock.

Fang Man wouldn't be on the Early Access list. No first-release product that is available for subscribers is available on Early Access.

Early Access is just for non-sub items (Strobo, SDCC exclusives, leftover customer service stock).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:53 am 
serves the Otter

I did not know that. I guess, I got confused by Kobra Khan selling out overnight.
For some reason, his $27 dollar price point made me think he was a new item.

Oh, well... I guess Mattel's cost increases have been so swift; they can even travel backwards in time.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:56 am 
shirtless hugger

Any guess how expensive Ram Man is gonna be on the secondary market?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:29 am 

Very.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:48 am 
shirtless hugger

I was afraid of that...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 59  Next