Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: MOC vs. Loose.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:09 am 
User avatar
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:35 am
Posts: 12
Location: The Ocean
i've just recently started collecting figures, and i've got a few pieces so far, mostly neon genesis evangelion and escaflowne (already have a mile long list of figures i want :P), i'm having difficulty deciding on whether i want to leave my figures MOC or loose.

i love the way loose figures look in a display case, plus you can pose them, however, i love the artwork on some of the packages, however, displaying them MOC is just lackluster IMO.

i don't really have any plans to resell.

i'm curious what you fellow collectors prefer.

thanks.

_________________
I'm in your memories, I'm in your memories...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOC vs. Loose.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:16 am 
User avatar
Disney is not his cup of tea
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 2796
I like loose. I buy carded figures if I want to make sure I have all the accessories and a nice minty fresh figure to display.

I open everything for display. I have found, some toy lines sell just as good if not better open.

_________________
Trading Scores: +16
+4 Bunger43, +1 alcinde4, +1 An-Gel Sakur, +5 ProfessorK, +1 Nonnahir, +1 Toyman, +1 Justice Freak, +1 bnjmnrlyr, +1 Jim_Abell
My eBay Feedback


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOC vs. Loose.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:21 pm 
User avatar
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:35 am
Posts: 12
Location: The Ocean
awesome! thank you for the reply. :)

_________________
I'm in your memories, I'm in your memories...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOC vs. Loose.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:27 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:53 pm
Posts: 118
I have a few of the Evangelion figures from revoltech and leaving those packaged up would truly be a shame considering all of the amazing poses you can do with them and the amount of accessories you get with those figures. But to answer your original question I do loose as I never plan on reselling


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOC vs. Loose.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:27 pm 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8275
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
I'm about 99.9% loose.

The other 0.1% is just stuff I haven't got around to opening yet! :mrgreen:

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOC vs. Loose.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:31 pm 
User avatar
Disney is not his cup of tea
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 2796
Shellhead wrote:
I'm about 99.9% loose.

The other 0.1% is just stuff I haven't got around to opening yet! :mrgreen:

:lol: that's great!

_________________
Trading Scores: +16
+4 Bunger43, +1 alcinde4, +1 An-Gel Sakur, +5 ProfessorK, +1 Nonnahir, +1 Toyman, +1 Justice Freak, +1 bnjmnrlyr, +1 Jim_Abell
My eBay Feedback


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOC vs. Loose.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:45 am 
Hat Pooper
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:32 am
Posts: 589
Location: Redlands, CA
100% MOC here. I have no interest in displaying, I'd have to build another wing on the house and I'm certainly not going to play with them, so they all stay mint. Never going to sell any of them either so that's not why I do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOC vs. Loose.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:00 pm 
User avatar
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!
Offline

Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:35 am
Posts: 12
Location: The Ocean
Nonnahir wrote:
I have a few of the Evangelion figures from revoltech and leaving those packaged up would truly be a shame considering all of the amazing poses you can do with them and the amount of accessories you get with those figures. But to answer your original question I do loose as I never plan on reselling


they really are gorgeous figures. :)

thanks to all for the replies, i've come to the conclusion that everything will be loose except for my G.I. Joes.

now, if only i could get my hands on some money! i've been eyeing the archangel death variant and all the ronin warriors.

_________________
I'm in your memories, I'm in your memories...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOC vs. Loose.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:00 pm 
User avatar
"You can set your clock to his haircut"
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:06 pm
Posts: 119
Location: NKY
Depends on the card. If it looks really cool in the package, I'll keep it in it. Most of my figs are loose.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOC vs. Loose.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:10 pm 
User avatar
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3456
Shellhead wrote:
I'm about 99.9% loose.

The other 0.1% is just stuff I haven't got around to opening yet!

That's me too, but I have a higher % of things I need to open. The only thing that I think I've kept carded for a reason is the DCIH Superman holding Supergirl a la Crisis OIE #7.
Image

I just thought it was funny they packed it like that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOC vs. Loose.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:23 pm 
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:50 pm
Posts: 432
Van Statten wrote:
I have found, some toy lines sell just as good if not better open.


This is true sometimes for modern figures being auctioned on eBay. People will automatically assume the final price of a carded figure will be more than a loose one, so they avoid carded figure auctions. This is why I opened my MU Vision figure before I auctioned it, as I believe I was able to attract more bidders and actually get a higher price than had I auctioned him carded.

But after about 10 years or so, the carded figures always fetch higher prices partly because, even if the card itself is damaged, it guarantees the figure itself is mint. Most loose vintage figures have things wrong with them and this is not such an issue for modern loose figures.

After two or three decades most toys will increase in value a lot. So in the long term opening your figures will greatly devalue your collection.


Last edited by JamesTheRogue on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOC vs. Loose.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:24 pm 
User avatar
Disney is not his cup of tea
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:15 am
Posts: 2796
Whatever you say, James.

_________________
Trading Scores: +16
+4 Bunger43, +1 alcinde4, +1 An-Gel Sakur, +5 ProfessorK, +1 Nonnahir, +1 Toyman, +1 Justice Freak, +1 bnjmnrlyr, +1 Jim_Abell
My eBay Feedback


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOC vs. Loose.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:25 am 
Tis' but a pup
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:52 am
Posts: 47
Cephus wrote:
100% MOC here. I have no interest in displaying, I'd have to build another wing on the house and I'm certainly not going to play with them, so they all stay mint. Never going to sell any of them either so that's not why I do it.


Here here !!

_________________
Time is precious.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOC vs. Loose.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:54 pm 
User avatar
You hear that? We're using CODE names...
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:55 pm
Posts: 63
Location: MS
I'm probably about 50/50 MOC/Loose. I open pretty much anything that can be resealed. The only carded things I open in large quantities are my Marvel Select figures.

_________________
VR Reviews
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MOC vs. Loose.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:27 pm 
Wonderdog
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:44 am
Posts: 741
Location: Baldwin, LI, NY
JamesTheRogue wrote:
Van Statten wrote:
I have found, some toy lines sell just as good if not better open.


This is true sometimes for modern figures being auctioned on eBay. People will automatically assume the final price of a carded figure will be more than a loose one, so they avoid carded figure auctions. This is why I opened my MU Vision figure before I auctioned it, as I believe I was able to attract more bidders and actually get a higher price than had I auctioned him carded.

But after about 10 years or so, the carded figures always fetch higher prices partly because, even if the card itself is damaged, it guarantees the figure itself is mint. Most loose vintage figures have things wrong with them and this is not such an issue for modern loose figures.

After two or three decades most toys will increase in value a lot. So in the long term opening your figures will greatly devalue your collection.


I agree that carded is more valuable, but disagree with your reasons. Its very easy these days to make opened product look factory sealed when its not.

The card increases value because of the art on the card, the information about the product inside, and the "time capsule" quality of it.

_________________
No thanks. I don't buy it. If Mattel has plans, then they must read them upside down. rono


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.048s | 11 Queries | GZIP : Off ]