Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Nothing exciting from Toy Fair 2013
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:40 am 
Hat Pooper
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 582
Am I the only one not excited about what was shown at Toy Fair this year?

The Power Attack/Evergreen line of Batman toys is okay but I was hoping to see the the new Batman cartoon figures. i was disappointed (but expected) there was no Green Lantern figures based on the cartoon. ( I know now the show is being cancelled and the movie one tanked at retail).

WWE figures is all I thought was cool but there no surprises.

And the Hasbro Happy Meals Spiderman toys are for abother board.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nothing exciting from Toy Fair 2013
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:45 pm 
serves the Otter
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:15 pm
Posts: 1961
Location: Earth
The 1960s Batman line (and especially the Batmobile) excited me plenty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nothing exciting from Toy Fair 2013
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:18 am 
Tis' but a pup
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 43
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Very excited about the new Masters of the Universe Classics reveals, especially the Filmation sub :)

_________________
- "How can I get a Grundy?"
- "Just gimme 20 bucks"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nothing exciting from Toy Fair 2013
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:28 am 
User avatar
You hear that? We're using CODE names...
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:54 am
Posts: 67
I was excited to see the Batman TV line.And even though his arms are too big,I was happy with the reveal of Damian Robin for the Batman Unlimited line.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nothing exciting from Toy Fair 2013
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:33 am 
User avatar
Displays Backwards
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1197
Location: Alexandria, VA
Pretty much just the Batman TV figures for me, since they showed nothing new for the WWE.

Hasbro had a ton of cool stuff, DC Collectibles had a ton of cool stuff, NECA had some cool stuff - Mattel, not so much. Other than WWE and Batman TV, the only Mattel stuff I'm looking forward to this year are the Watchmen and maybe some of the Injustice figures. Some good stuff, but not a lot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nothing exciting from Toy Fair 2013
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:02 pm 
User avatar
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:41 am
Posts: 6107
Location: Atlanta, GA
Pegasuslb wrote:
Very excited about the new Masters of the Universe Classics reveals, especially the Filmation sub :)


I was excited about the MOTUC reveals. I was NOT excited that the filmation stuff was a completely separate sub. :(

_________________
Hasbro is the way to go.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nothing exciting from Toy Fair 2013
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:23 pm 
Hat Pooper
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 582
The MOTU is for the website and not retail so that probably a fun line for most but their price point is out of reach for some.

The Power Attack is okay but a lto of Batman and few unique characters.

The only that Mattel is making that I am buying is WWE. They should make DC figures in that scale and maybe the price point won't be so high. The Power Attack is okay but a lto of Batman and few unique characters.

I'm just missing a JLU type toy line excitement; a lot of characters and suspence on what they are going to come out with. The brave and bold line was good for that for a while. Young Justice had potentila but Mattel killed that line but before it had a chance to take off.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nothing exciting from Toy Fair 2013
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:08 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3307
Location: San Diego, CA
Super Excited about the MOTUC stuff, Filmation sub, Castle Grayskull!

If the lines announced aren't what you're into, that explains why you weren't excited, but you can't knock what they did show as Ho Hum, because it was actually a really good showing.

_________________
JLU Forever! And is MOTUC EVER getting around to Ram Man?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nothing exciting from Toy Fair 2013
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:19 am 
User avatar
AFA Graded
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2702
Location: Long Island N.Y. USA
JLU died because of Mattel, and so did my interest in the Toy Fair now. :evil:

_________________
That which does not kill me............BETTER RUN DAMN FAST!
"W" JLU Fire (powered up) & old Volcana
MY SWAP MEET: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19728
AFi Positive Feedback: +199


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nothing exciting from Toy Fair 2013
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:27 am 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1772
Location: ATL, GA
An-Gel Sakura wrote:
JLU died because of Mattel, and so did my interest in the Toy Fair now. :evil:


LOL I am sorry my friend, but how can you say it died b/c of Mattel?

JLU/JL went on for 9 years! and 5 or 6 years AFTER the show went off the air.

Mattel still kept pumping them out, we got 2 packs, 3 packs, large size singles like LOBO, hell we even got a 7 pack, we have easily 125 figures from that line, Unless your toy line has the first name Star and last name Wars, it rarely goes for a few years, let alone 9 years!

I love my JLU collection and hope to always keep it, but no way can I "blame" Mattel for "killing" a 9 year old action figure line lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nothing exciting from Toy Fair 2013
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:45 am 
User avatar
declined to be a vampire
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 am
Posts: 2451
fball13z wrote:
An-Gel Sakura wrote:
JLU died because of Mattel, and so did my interest in the Toy Fair now. :evil:


LOL I am sorry my friend, but how can you say it died b/c of Mattel?

JLU/JL went on for 9 years! and 5 or 6 years AFTER the show went off the air.

Mattel still kept pumping them out, we got 2 packs, 3 packs, large size singles like LOBO, hell we even got a 7 pack, we have easily 125 figures from that line, Unless your toy line has the first name Star and last name Wars, it rarely goes for a few years, let alone 9 years!

I love my JLU collection and hope to always keep it, but no way can I "blame" Mattel for "killing" a 9 year old action figure line lol



She's gotta blame someone.

_________________
I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nothing exciting from Toy Fair 2013
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:28 am 
User avatar
AFA Graded
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:48 am
Posts: 2702
Location: Long Island N.Y. USA
fball13z wrote:
LOL I am sorry my friend, but how can you say it died b/c of Mattel?

Too many repeat WW, Sups and GL fillers,
too many unnecessary variants,
Low quality plastics,
over pricing,
Target exclusive with poor distribution,
and finally they went and stopped making them. That's how.

fball13z wrote:
JLU/JL went on for 9 years! and 5 or 6 years AFTER the show went off the air.

I never said it didn't have a long life, but if they stopped making JLU, then it's dead, isn't it?

Bunger43 wrote:
She's gotta blame someone.

Only the guilty. :wink:

_________________
That which does not kill me............BETTER RUN DAMN FAST!
"W" JLU Fire (powered up) & old Volcana
MY SWAP MEET: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19728
AFi Positive Feedback: +199


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nothing exciting from Toy Fair 2013
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:34 am 
User avatar
4" scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1514
JLU didn't die because of Mattel. In fact, you got more figures in your collection because of Mattel. Any other company would have stopped production the moment the cartoon stopped. There just wasn't a market for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nothing exciting from Toy Fair 2013
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:33 am 
User avatar
declined to be a vampire
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:41 am
Posts: 2451
Wildcard wrote:
JLU didn't die because of Mattel. In fact, you got more figures in your collection because of Mattel. Any other company would have stopped production the moment the cartoon stopped. There just wasn't a market for it.


BUT BUT BUT...MATTEL IS GUILTY!

_________________
I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nothing exciting from Toy Fair 2013
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:36 am 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8275
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
:lol:

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.042s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]