Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: New Media Property Hotwheels
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:47 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I am always behind getting the various cars in the Hot Wheels Line-- (Batmobiles, KITT, Flinstones Car, Ecto -1 etc..) even If I couldnt always find them.. great deal at .99

Then came those DC Heroes, Toy Story, Power Rangers etc. theme cars-- rougly 3.00 a piece- getting a little pricey--

Then came that whole vintage deco line-- Hanna Barbera Characters, He Man, Hersheys, Cereals, Pinup art etc.. at 4.00 a piece-- I only picked up one or two of these..

Then yesterday I saw another Hot Wheels line- like Media Favorites or something-- It had a repackaged A- Team Van, a Knight Rider evil Car, Smokey and the Bandit, a couple of others and a ELECTRIC MAYHEM Muppet tourbus..-- I was all set to pick this up-- until I scanned

and the price-- 6.99. :shock: :shock:

Are you kidding me Mattel.-- Some of these cars are rehashes from the .99 line-- new cardboard art is not worth 6.00--this is a case of just getting beyond greedy... When you passed the Johnny Lightning Price- with a basic die cast car-- you have officially gone insane...

Post subject: Re: New Media Property Hotwheels
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:09 pm 
PVC

stewbacca wrote:
I am always behind getting the various cars in the Hot Wheels Line-- (Batmobiles, KITT, Flinstones Car, Ecto -1 etc..) even If I couldnt always find them.. great deal at .99

Then came those DC Heroes, Toy Story, Power Rangers etc. theme cars-- rougly 3.00 a piece- getting a little pricey--

Then came that whole vintage deco line-- Hanna Barbera Characters, He Man, Hersheys, Cereals, Pinup art etc.. at 4.00 a piece-- I only picked up one or two of these..

Then yesterday I saw another Hot Wheels line- like Media Favorites or something-- It had a repackaged A- Team Van, a Knight Rider evil Car, Smokey and the Bandit, a couple of others and a ELECTRIC MAYHEM Muppet tourbus..-- I was all set to pick this up-- until I scanned

and the price-- 6.99. :shock: :shock:

Are you kidding me Mattel.-- Some of these cars are rehashes from the .99 line-- new cardboard art is not worth 6.00--this is a case of just getting beyond greedy... When you passed the Johnny Lightning Price- with a basic die cast car-- you have officially gone insane...

Where did you see these at? I need the Bandit and Evil Kitt. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:01 pm 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

BTW guys it's KARR.

Knight Automated Roving Robot.

:mrgreen:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:33 pm 
Brand Manager

Yeah the Hot Wheels team is getting very greedy this year. I just hope they can keep the 1:50th scale Batmobiles going those to me are the only ones worth the money.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:45 pm 
shirtless hugger

PBateman wrote:
Yeah the Hot Wheels team is getting very greedy this year. I just hope they can keep the 1:50th scale Batmobiles going those to me are the only ones worth the money.

Me too.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:30 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

dougie97 wrote:
Where did you see these at? I need the Bandit and Evil Kitt. Thanks!

They were at the New Albany KMart..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:19 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I sold a couple of the Mystery Machine this morning, they ring up $4.97 (or something close to that) at Walmart.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:59 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Jim_Abell wrote:
I sold a couple of the Mystery Machine this morning, they ring up $4.97 (or something close to that) at Walmart.

Yeah I saw them yesterday at walmart as well-cheaper but still amazing since I found the exact same Mystery Machine on the Hot Wheels card right next to for only .97 cents...

I though only carded star wars collectors paid a premium for a different picture on the cardboard.. :roll:

I guess the only benefit from this is Hot Wheels sees that their only real sellers to the non Hot Wheels crowd are the multi media cars-- so at least they are prevalent then-- since I saw six Mystery Machines on this new card style yesterday -- vs. the total of 2 - I have seen on the regular card in the past year..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:23 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Apparently these have "rubber" tires so there is a difference-- although I still cant see a 500% increase...

I believe there are 2 different assortments-- other than the one I mentioned-- there is also one with the Mystery Machine, Ecto 1, KITT and another Batmobile (I think 66)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:37 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

stewbacca wrote:
Apparently these have "rubber" tires so there is a difference-- although I still cant see a 500% increase...

I believe there are 2 different assortments-- other than the one I mentioned-- there is also one with the Mystery Machine, Ecto 1, KITT and another Batmobile (I think 66)

It is the '66 Batmobile. They had them at Kmart in CT.

Edit: I should note that I purchased and opened an Ecto-1. The tires are awful. It doesn't go anywhere when you push it. For display only.