Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New Media Property Hotwheels
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:47 am 
Still ahead of Mudd
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 6184
Location: Shelbyville, KY
I am always behind getting the various cars in the Hot Wheels Line-- (Batmobiles, KITT, Flinstones Car, Ecto -1 etc..) even If I couldnt always find them.. great deal at .99


Then came those DC Heroes, Toy Story, Power Rangers etc. theme cars-- rougly 3.00 a piece- getting a little pricey--

Then came that whole vintage deco line-- Hanna Barbera Characters, He Man, Hersheys, Cereals, Pinup art etc.. at 4.00 a piece-- I only picked up one or two of these..


Then yesterday I saw another Hot Wheels line- like Media Favorites or something-- It had a repackaged A- Team Van, a Knight Rider evil Car, Smokey and the Bandit, a couple of others and a ELECTRIC MAYHEM Muppet tourbus..-- I was all set to pick this up-- until I scanned

and the price-- 6.99. :shock: :shock:


Are you kidding me Mattel.-- Some of these cars are rehashes from the .99 line-- new cardboard art is not worth 6.00--this is a case of just getting beyond greedy... When you passed the Johnny Lightning Price- with a basic die cast car-- you have officially gone insane...

_________________
Fastest know derailer of threads in the know universe...expanded or otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Media Property Hotwheels
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:09 pm 
User avatar
PVC
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:29 pm
Posts: 189
Location: Kentucky
stewbacca wrote:
I am always behind getting the various cars in the Hot Wheels Line-- (Batmobiles, KITT, Flinstones Car, Ecto -1 etc..) even If I couldnt always find them.. great deal at .99


Then came those DC Heroes, Toy Story, Power Rangers etc. theme cars-- rougly 3.00 a piece- getting a little pricey--

Then came that whole vintage deco line-- Hanna Barbera Characters, He Man, Hersheys, Cereals, Pinup art etc.. at 4.00 a piece-- I only picked up one or two of these..


Then yesterday I saw another Hot Wheels line- like Media Favorites or something-- It had a repackaged A- Team Van, a Knight Rider evil Car, Smokey and the Bandit, a couple of others and a ELECTRIC MAYHEM Muppet tourbus..-- I was all set to pick this up-- until I scanned

and the price-- 6.99. :shock: :shock:




Are you kidding me Mattel.-- Some of these cars are rehashes from the .99 line-- new cardboard art is not worth 6.00--this is a case of just getting beyond greedy... When you passed the Johnny Lightning Price- with a basic die cast car-- you have officially gone insane...


Where did you see these at? I need the Bandit and Evil Kitt. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Media Property Hotwheels
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:01 pm 
User avatar
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:36 am
Posts: 8275
Location: Phoenix Metropolitan Area
BTW guys it's KARR.

Knight Automated Roving Robot.

:mrgreen:

_________________
Leave it up to a billionaire to buy the world some time --- Tony Stark

Trade Rating +55 and counting


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Media Property Hotwheels
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:33 pm 
Brand Manager
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:33 am
Posts: 2099
Yeah the Hot Wheels team is getting very greedy this year. I just hope they can keep the 1:50th scale Batmobiles going those to me are the only ones worth the money.

_________________
Good trades with-
toychango, ian5555, BootsBailey, ashxking, an-gel sakura and lots more I have forgotten


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Media Property Hotwheels
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:45 pm 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:42 am
Posts: 1232
PBateman wrote:
Yeah the Hot Wheels team is getting very greedy this year. I just hope they can keep the 1:50th scale Batmobiles going those to me are the only ones worth the money.


Me too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Media Property Hotwheels
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:30 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 6184
Location: Shelbyville, KY
dougie97 wrote:
Where did you see these at? I need the Bandit and Evil Kitt. Thanks!



They were at the New Albany KMart..

_________________
Fastest know derailer of threads in the know universe...expanded or otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Media Property Hotwheels
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:19 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10464
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
I sold a couple of the Mystery Machine this morning, they ring up $4.97 (or something close to that) at Walmart.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Media Property Hotwheels
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:59 am 
Still ahead of Mudd
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 6184
Location: Shelbyville, KY
Jim_Abell wrote:
I sold a couple of the Mystery Machine this morning, they ring up $4.97 (or something close to that) at Walmart.



Yeah I saw them yesterday at walmart as well-cheaper but still amazing since I found the exact same Mystery Machine on the Hot Wheels card right next to for only .97 cents...

I though only carded star wars collectors paid a premium for a different picture on the cardboard.. :roll:

I guess the only benefit from this is Hot Wheels sees that their only real sellers to the non Hot Wheels crowd are the multi media cars-- so at least they are prevalent then-- since I saw six Mystery Machines on this new card style yesterday -- vs. the total of 2 - I have seen on the regular card in the past year..

_________________
Fastest know derailer of threads in the know universe...expanded or otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Media Property Hotwheels
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:23 am 
Still ahead of Mudd
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 6184
Location: Shelbyville, KY
Apparently these have "rubber" tires so there is a difference-- although I still cant see a 500% increase...

I believe there are 2 different assortments-- other than the one I mentioned-- there is also one with the Mystery Machine, Ecto 1, KITT and another Batmobile (I think 66)

_________________
Fastest know derailer of threads in the know universe...expanded or otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Media Property Hotwheels
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:37 pm 
User avatar
Hangin' with the big boys
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:57 am
Posts: 328
stewbacca wrote:
Apparently these have "rubber" tires so there is a difference-- although I still cant see a 500% increase...

I believe there are 2 different assortments-- other than the one I mentioned-- there is also one with the Mystery Machine, Ecto 1, KITT and another Batmobile (I think 66)


It is the '66 Batmobile. They had them at Kmart in CT.

Edit: I should note that I purchased and opened an Ecto-1. The tires are awful. It doesn't go anywhere when you push it. For display only.

_________________
JLU needs: Barda, rare Secret Society & Legends of the League 6-pks, Lobo, Volcana, Cyborg


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.043s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]