Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Petition to Matty for a LOSH sub or 2nd 12 pack
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:47 pm 
active in the community

I really think we have a shot at a 2nd box set or sub if we are vocal and adamant with Matty on this. There's no logical reason it can't be done if we let them know there is a demand & we're serious about this. MOTU fans got a Castle Greyskull made from scratch. That was risky, but Mattel took the shot cause they had confidence in MOTU fans. With the LOSH they already have evidence of the viability of a LOSH 12 pack as seen in the 2x sell through. This and the fact that no new tooling really will be necessary. Mattel has the teen buck & can use it to make all the characters at no additional cost. Last, if they were able to go back & do a new run if DCUC wave 5 for DCUC fans (which was a store) how much more so with an in demand item like a LOSH? We just need to be persistent in letting them know that we are here & we're not going anywhere til we get our LOSH sub or multipack. So if your with me on this please go over to the Matty forum and sign the petition I started & vote for how you want your LOSH figures.

Post subject: Re: Petition to Matty for a LOSH sub or 2nd 12 pack
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:51 am 
categorically opposed

They've made it pretty clear that the Legion set was such a logistical nightmare that they won't be revisiting something of that size any time soon. It came out about a year after it was intended to because of the challenges that they faced with it.

The best bet is a mini-sub, but since the main DC sub is barely eking by, I don't see it happening.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

/\ What he said.
It took up way too many resources and production slots, which is why we won't be seeing one again. We should just be thankful we got te first one at all! It really was a logistical nightmare.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:51 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

On the other hand...

...the set sold out (twice) very quickly, proving there's a demand for the characters. I don't see why Mattel can't put up a sub thermometer for more Legionnaires, or anything else (a Batmobile, Granny Goodness). If they meet the minimum numbers, great! If not, oh well, they tried.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:36 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

I wish they would, but when asked about things like a Batmboile, they're basing all such decisions on 2013 sub numbers. Because we didn't hit the second tier fr a fully tooled figure, they elieve that the minimum number just isn't there, so that's that. It's up to us to sub in greater numbers in 2014 to get such perks. Otherwise, the customer base just isn't there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:18 pm 
declined to be a vampire

Marc wrote:
On the other hand...

...the set sold out (twice) very quickly, proving there's a demand for the characters. I don't see why Mattel can't put up a sub thermometer for more Legionnaires, or anything else (a Batmobile, Granny Goodness). If they meet the minimum numbers, great! If not, oh well, they tried.

What was the production run though?

If it sold out quickly, but they made 1/10th of that as they did other products...did it really go like we wanted?

I'd like to have one. I didn't buy one then, but I'm not paying second hand prices. I'd buy that one if they released it again.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:31 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I'd love to see a second set get made. Is there even a general consensus on what the next 12 could/should be?

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:58 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

I think people would really expect to see a bigger female presence in a second set which is a bit scary to most execs I'm sure.

If we're going to ask for wish lists, I'll start:

Tellus (oversized ala Colossal Boy)
Quislet (pack in ala Proty)
Triplicate Girl/Duo Damsel (maybe a duplicate figure in 2 paint ops)
Phantom Girl
Shrinking Violet
Sensor Girl
Ferro Lad
Super girl ("S" factor ala Superboy)
Mon-el
Bouncing Boy
Polar Boy

I'd love to see Blok and White Witch but there is no way we'd get 2 oversized figures and Nura would probably require too much unique sculpting.

I truly believe a LSH sub would be the best possible way to offer these figures at this point.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:00 pm 
Displays Backwards

Someone I saw somewhere suggested the rest of the Fatal Five. That would be great.

Tharok
Mano
Emerald Empress
Persuader
Dawnstar - for Wildfire
Phantom Girl - for Ultra Boy
Dream Girl - for Star Boy
Sun Boy - pretty major character
Mon-El
Ferro Lad (RIP) - he looks cool
Blok - he's big and bad
Laurel Kent - in her sexy Superman cape/costume - hey, it's just a wish list, right?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:12 pm 
willing to display nerd-rage meltdown for custom subnic

I only have a few 'must haves' remaining in LOSH, and it's not even 12.

Dawnstar, Blok, Bouncing Boy, Sun Boy, Phantom Girl, Mone-El and Supergirl. In that order.

I don't fail, I just succeed at finding ways that don't work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:29 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Honestly, I want to see the rest of the "classic Legion" as well as the rest of the Fatal Five.

Give me Emerald Empress, Mano, The Persuader and Tharok to complete the Five, and Dawnstar, Blok, Triplicate Girl, Shrinking Violet, Phantom Girl, Sun Boy, Polar Boy and Bouncing Boy and I'd be happy.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:47 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

alcinde4 wrote:
I only have a few 'must haves' remaining in LOSH, and it's not even 12.

Dawnstar, Blok, Bouncing Boy, Sun Boy, Phantom Girl, Mone-El and Supergirl. In that order.

That is roughly the ones I want too. I just don't see it happening though as they used a lot of the more popular characters in the first 12 pack. I guess you could argue Supergirl but I'm just seeing as much fan appeal as the first one.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:06 am 
shirtless hugger

I like the idea of getting the rest of the Fatal Five. And there are quite a few Legionnaires that I would like to get, including Bouncing Boy and Triplicate Girl.

But rather than trying to gather enough figures to fill out another 12-pack, why not create a sub line? That way, Mattel could release whatever number was feasible and use the existing DCIE packaging.

I guess Mattel could just include some remaining LOSH members in the DCIE subscription. But the creation of the Filmation subscription made me wonder if a similar one was viable for LOSH.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:14 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

I'd like:

Dawnstar
Phantom Girl
Triplicate Girl (with three figs) or Duo Damsel (with two)
Ultra Boy
Mon-el
Sun Boy
Bouncing Boy
Persuader
Emerald Empress
Whoever that half human/half robot guy is

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:06 am 
categorically opposed

GregNYC wrote:
I guess Mattel could just include some remaining LOSH members in the DCIE subscription. But the creation of the Filmation subscription made me wonder if a similar one was viable for LOSH.

My thinking is that they may do something similar to the Filmation or Watchmen sub with the DC property in 2014. I think they'd have more success with a subline of a property that was DC-proper (as opposed to Watchmen).

Then again, maybe the pent-up demand for comic Watchmen figures will inflate their performance.

Either way, I wouldn't be shocked if another 6 or 8 figure DC sub was introduced in 2014, and the biggest faction that they could go with (other than Lanterns, which has suffered some severe buyers' fatigue) is Legion. Plus, they're extremely cost-effective to produce, since they'd be mostly plan bucks with new heads/capes.