Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3918 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 262  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:15 am 
Cold-cast

to_count wrote:

Real easy and quick custom.......

- Ra's Al Ghul (YJ) (head & cape)
- Spiderman (body, arms & legs)
- Cario Swordsman (R-hand)

hope that helps

Davis

Just curious how you change the hands or arms on your customs? Does the same method of using boiling water work on removing the hands as well?
Also was wondering which Spiderman you used since everyone that I either have or have seen has the webslinging hand on the left instead of a standard hand, I actually settled on a Silver Surfer figure for the body, arms and legs.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:19 am 
Cold-cast

to_count wrote:
Hey.....check out what I did to the Imaginext Green Lantern figure

Vandal Savage

......imaginextlvr, post a pic of the Nightwing you put together (would love to see it)

D's

Awesome custom, okay so I have to ask how did you do it? What's the recipe?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:43 pm 
Cold-cast

Hey Joker.....THANK YOU for the interest !!

Well lets see, I'll start with Savage first.

here is the recipe for him.....

- Vandal Savage (YJ) (head & bottom portion of the jacket)
- Green Lantern (body, legs & arms)
- Winx (moon rock)

(you have to bevel Green Lantern's head off/down until you have a peg to attach the Young Justice Vandal Savage's head to)

Ra's Al Ghul:

(Q) - how you change the hands or arms on your customs?
(A) - Since the Playskool figures arms are connected, I dont try and switch them (but the hands are a different story). For Ra's Al Ghul, I use the boil & pop method to remove the hands. The swordsman hand was cut off and then I placed a screw into the backside of the hand (where I cut it off at). Then cut the head of the screw off, thread that end into the figures arm......now its connected. Its really up to the size of the screw you use but you might have to use glue. If you look really closely, the L-hand on him has 5x fingers......I had to use an Imaginext figures L-hand for Ra's Al Ghul (I ran out of hands :lol: )

(Q) - Does the same method of using boiling water work on removing the hands as well?
(A) - yes but only on the head & hands of the Playskool figures

(Q) - Also was wondering which Spiderman you used since everyone that I either have or have seen has the webslinging hand on the left instead of a standard hand
(A) - I use the one that came with Doc Ock, he doesn't have the webbing on him......its great for a clean slate to work off of

"I actually settled on a Silver Surfer figure for the body, arms and legs."...............SS works great also, I've used him also for custom base figures (like my Kid Flash)

Joker, I hope I was able to answer all your questions......if NOT, shot me a PM and I'll give me details if possible

D's

Last edited by to_count on Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:56 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

New Superman/Wonder Woman and Joker/Harley Quinn are back in stock at fisherprice.com if anyone is looking for them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:32 pm 
Cold-cast

to_count wrote:
Hey Joker.....THANK YOU for the interest !!

Well lets see, I'll start with Savage first.

here is the recipe for him.....

- Vandal Savage (YJ) (head & bottom portion of the jacket)
- Green Lantern (body, legs & arms)
- Winx (moon rock)

(you have to bevel Green Lantern's head off/down until you have a peg to attach the Young Justice Vandal Savage's head to)

Ra's Al Ghul:

(Q) - how you change the hands or arms on your customs?
(A) - Since the Playskool figures arms are connected, I dont try and switch them (but the hands are a different story). For Ra's Al Ghul, I use the boil & pop method to remove the hands. The swordsman hand was cut off and then I placed a screw into the backside of the hand (where I cut it off at). Then cut the head of the screw off, thread that end into the figures arm......now its connected. Its really up to the size of the screw you use but you might have to use glue. If you look really closely, the L-hand on him has 5x fingers......I had to use an Imaginext figures L-hand for Ra's Al Ghul (I ran out of hands :lol: )

(Q) - Does the same method of using boiling water work on removing the hands as well?
(A) - yes but only on the head & hands of the Playskool figures

(Q) - Also was wondering which Spiderman you used since everyone that I either have or have seen has the webslinging hand on the left instead of a standard hand
(A) - I use the one that came with Doc Ock, he doesn't have the webbing on him......its great for a clean slate to work off of

"I actually settled on a Silver Surfer figure for the body, arms and legs."...............SS works great also, I've used him also for custom base figures (like my Kid Flash)

Joker, I hope I was able to answer all your questions......if NOT, shot me a PM and I'll give me details if possible

D's

Thanks for the info...you have been a big help.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:25 pm 
Knows his stuff

Ed134 wrote:
New Superman/Wonder Woman and Joker/Harley Quinn are back in stock at fisherprice.com if anyone is looking for them.

Awesome! Just ordered a couple more of these for customizing! Thanks for the heads up!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:47 am 
ABS

Ed134 wrote:

Thanks. Just ordered mine.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:41 pm 
Knows his stuff

So.. recently I've seen 2 auctions on ebay relating to Imaginext display items. One is from Target and the other is from Toys R Us (see pics below)

I'm curious to know... have any of you guys seen the full Imaginext Batman Diorama for sale? I assume you all know the one that I'm talking about... the huge batcave display that was in the plexiglass box and had lights/sounds (only pic I could find online is below). I would really like to find a complete one of these for sale!! :)

Any suggestions on how to buy one (other than watching for them on EBAY)?

Rick

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:14 pm 
PVC

Rick,
I wanted to ask Wal-Mart's toy manager what they were supposed to do with the Imaginext castle display table that they had at Christmas but never did. Now I wish I had. I'd love to have one of the character display tubes. I've never seen one of the big Bat displays for sale but now I want one of those. Perhaps I can keep something like that in my office on a shelf and keep the rest of my Imaginext collection in the reach of my daughter.

On a custom related note, the DC Super Friends line seems to have more characters than the Playskool Marvel competitors. Since I have to buy a Spider with every villain I pick up I've been wanting to create some custom characters. I finally gave that a start tonight but didn't make it too far. I'm just trying to get my bearings and practicing at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:29 pm 
Cold-cast

Big IV wrote:
Rick,
I wanted to ask Wal-Mart's toy manager what they were supposed to do with the Imaginext castle display table that they had at Christmas but never did. Now I wish I had. I'd love to have one of the character display tubes. I've never seen one of the big Bat displays for sale but now I want one of those. Perhaps I can keep something like that in my office on a shelf and keep the rest of my Imaginext collection in the reach of my daughter.

On a custom related note, the DC Super Friends line seems to have more characters than the Playskool Marvel competitors. Since I have to buy a Spider with every villain I pick up I've been wanting to create some custom characters. I finally gave that a start tonight but didn't make it too far. I'm just trying to get my bearings and practicing at the moment.

I'm pretty good on spotting body parts but ........you got me on the HEAD on the spiderman figure. Who's head is that ?

and another question, how did you get the Imaginext figure apart.....still having trouble with that myself

.....great start by the way !!

D's

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:52 am 
Cold-cast

rickwj324 wrote:
So.. recently I've seen 2 auctions on ebay relating to Imaginext display items. One is from Target and the other is from Toys R Us (see pics below)

Rick

CRAP.........I cant find this on eBay, do you have the link ?

D's

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:44 am 
Loose, Missing Package

to_count wrote:
I'm pretty good on spotting body parts but ........you got me on the HEAD on the spiderman figure. Who's head is that ?

I'm drawing a blank on the guy's name right now but that's a WWE Rumbler figure.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:51 am 
PVC

Jim_Abell wrote:
to_count wrote:

I'm drawing a blank on the guy's name right now but that's a WWE Rumbler figure.

He is a WWE Rumbler, some guy named Zack Ryder. I don't know the wrestler but Wal-Mart had him on clearance for $3.50 so I thought I'd see how he opened up. I thought his head would be about right. Unmodified, the head slipped right onto the Spider-body perfectly. Once it cooled, I boiled and popped, the head is as snug as the original which is fortuitous given that my daughter has already tried to chew on him.

I like the happy little smirk on the Ryder figure. He fits in well with the perpetually happy Playskool and Imaginext toys.

Quote:
and another question, how did you get the Imaginext figure apart.....still having trouble with that myself

The Imaginext figure is one of the older style. It came before the newer modern Imaginext figures, like Batman and Robotpolice, and after the Castle Adventure one piece folks. This is the type of knight that came with the modular construction Imaginext castle sets. I really thought he was one piece and a set of arms. After I boiled him his waist swiveled and I realized he was torso, legs, and arms. Note that the heads are part of the torso on this model. So, them boiled him along side of Zack and Spidey, and while they were hot I used an exacto knife to slowly work open the seam that ran from one hip across the head and down the other side separating the two halves. One opened easily. The other is putting up more of a fight. I'll get him next time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:35 am 
Cold-cast

Jim......good eye !!

thanks for the help

Big IV, those rumblers have been on my radar for awhile now........might have to take that leap. That figure looks really cool that you created and thanks for the info on the Imaginext !!

D's

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:21 pm 
shirtless hugger

rickwj324 wrote:

I'm curious to know... have any of you guys seen the full Imaginext Batman Diorama for sale? I assume you all know the one that I'm talking about... the huge batcave display that was in the plexiglass box and had lights/sounds (only pic I could find online is below). I would really like to find a complete one of these for sale!! :)

Any suggestions on how to buy one (other than watching for them on EBAY)?

Rick

I was thinking that Stores had to destroy things like this due to Copyright issues, but thanks to eBay these things get saved from scrap and sold online.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3918 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113 ... 262  Next