Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: MOTU Classics discussion
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:54 am 
Resin

Teela and Sorceress also aren't presented in such a flamboyant fashion.

Titan Speck wrote:
DisneyBoy wrote:
What do you mean "personal information"? Has something changed about the sign-up requirements?

I can't speak for everyone, but back when I tried to sign up there, they rejected both my home and work email addresses. Apparently because they were (according to the org) free email accounts or something, despite the fact that they're not. After I emailed them asking about it, they said that if I sent them a non redacted copy of my phone bill, then I could get registered. So yeah, I'm not sending that kind of info just to join a discussion forum. Such is life. :lol:

It's a horrible place, you're better off without them (although it's always fun to drop in for a good chuckle at what some of them post)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:53 pm 
Why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?

Oklahoma's Man of Steel wrote:

Lol, yeah I guess my main perception of them is as being a girls doll line. I know a lot of people like POP. I actually haven't seen any of the POP cartoon and just a few episodes of the original He-Man. My primary reference for these characters is the 2000 era cartoon. I have them in my Netflix que and will hopefully get around to it one day. :)

POP is more than a welcome addition to my MOTUC collection, heck the He-Man cartoon mythos didn't even get really good until She-Ra and the Horde were involved. I think Mattel's problem was with the POP characters they released. I mean, a lot of these MOTUC collectors have different exposure to different factions. If you want someone to get to know something like POP start off with more of the heavy hitters, Glimmer, Angella, etc. Aside from the Star Sisters, the rest aren't as colorful. They weren't the best release, I agree. But we also got stuck with Dekker, Marzo, Vykron, and Spector, LOL, so overall POP is batting a better average than the rest of the factions. LOL
To me it's all MOTU, I don't look at it like NA, Vintage, POP, etc.
BUT the POP ladies are definitely great display pieces. And their powers can kick some serious butt. It's like the She Ra characters were made to take on Skeletor's minions more than the Horde:)

Glimmer vs Triklops - she can blind him
Mer Man vs Mermista or Frosta - She freezes his butt into the water
Perfuma vs Stinkor
Castaspella vs Evil Lyn

As for Swiftwind... He may have pink in there, but those are mostly Zoar's colors, not rainbow. Think Zoar!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:08 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Don't forget POP Bow. The first sale day figure I bought and one of my favorites.

I agree with jzachery, the POP figures are an excellent addition to my MOTU collection.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:43 am 
An Insider

Yeah I can see where you guys are coming from. I definitely want to learn more about all the characters. I really liked the 2000 era cartoon and am seriously digging the comics by DC but I need to get into the original shows for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:14 am 
categorically opposed

See, I was too young for He-Man, having been born in '84, but when I was about five or six, I got a couple of my cousins' old He-Man figures - Trap Jaw and Mer-Man - and I had always wanted to get a wider collection of the characters from MOTU. I still remember wanting a Stinkor and Teela (who must have been pictured on some sort of packaging or something for me to even know who they were).

I don't have any attachment to the '80s series at all, having not watched much of it, but I knew what a cool toy was even back then, so I am 100% in on MOTUC, be the figures vintage MOTU, POP, or whatever. The entire franchise is so absurdist that there is no such thing as a figure or character that is too "bright" or "colorful" to fit in.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:56 am 
An Insider

MoMoney wrote:
See, I was too young for He-Man, having been born in '84, but when I was about five or six, I got a couple of my cousins' old He-Man figures - Trap Jaw and Mer-Man - and I had always wanted to get a wider collection of the characters from MOTU. I still remember wanting a Stinkor and Teela (who must have been pictured on some sort of packaging or something for me to even know who they were).

Yeah I'm the same way. I was born in 85 so I just missed the He-Man craze. I got into the 2000 stuff and had all the figures and the castle and then got into classics with that as my only point of reference.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:16 am 
Loose, Missing Package

I'm kind of the opposite of you guys... I was 16 in '82 so I was "too old" for them. I loved the cartoons as I was into anything with swords and sorcery at the time but really hated the toys. I thought that the ideas behind them were good but the execution left a lot to be desired... Now, finally, I can get good toys based on cartoons I loved way back then.

Now if Hasbro would just wise-up and put out D&D figures based on that cartoon...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:22 am 
Bob Vila

Jim_Abell wrote:
I'm kind of the opposite of you guys... I was 16 in '82 so I was "too old" for them. I loved the cartoons as I was into anything with swords and sorcery at the time but really hated the toys. I thought that the ideas behind them were good but the execution left a lot to be desired... Now, finally, I can get good toys based on cartoons I loved way back then.

Now if Hasbro would just wise-up and put out D&D figures based on that cartoon...

I have been asking for this for years!!! I always wanted the characters from the D & D cartoon, and could never understand why none were made to go with the show.

It seems like such an easy line to do, and one of the only 80's shows not to have a nostalgia line come out.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:52 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

BeeDub wrote:

It's a horrible place, you're better off without them (although it's always fun to drop in for a good chuckle at what some of them post)

Yes... I wouldn't recommend joining that forum either. The guy who owns it (not naming names) treats the place like a Nazi concentration camp. You can only be happy and have happy thoughts. All of your opinions MUST be positive. Any negativity will paint a target on your head. They make rules as they go, there's like a new rule every day it seems. Mods are relentless... Not a fun place to be if your opinionated. The regular posting members will move in for the kill if you say anything negative or if you have a unique view point about anything, especially POP or Scott Neitlich... who is just screaming to be made fun of anyway. Seems only members with tenure are allowed to break the rules as they see fit without any ramifications. By no means is it a fair game on the org. And if cyber-bullying is your thing, try the Fwoosh. They may as well be affiliated with the org.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:39 am 
categorically opposed

Why? wrote:
And if cyber-bullying is your thing, try the Fwoosh. They may as well be affiliated with the org.

I'm not a regular at the Fwoosh, but I've never noticed anything like that. The .org, however, has a crazy reputation.

The Matty forums are also a treat and a half. In the DC forum, unless you partake in endless wishlisting, you are not a true fan, and your opinion is invalid and unwelcome.

And they wonder why Matty doesn't do official polls on those forums...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:18 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Just cancelled my CG order. I actually feel better now after doing it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:31 pm 
Bob Vila

Why? wrote:
Just cancelled my CG order. I actually feel better now after doing it.

I've been contemplating doing the same. I think I will cancel my pre-order, I'm never going to use it as a playset, and would only display it closed as a backdrop. But if I'm doing that then it's not worth that much money. I know I could build a backdrop to the scale I want, for a lot less than $250 plus shipping and customs.

If I still had that sort of cash to just fritter away then I may buy it just for the sake of owning it, but my finances have changed since I placed my pre-order and that money could be spent on more necessary things.

How easy was it to cancel your order? And is there a deadline?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:19 pm 
Resin

I didn't see a separate thread for the Filmation sub. Is the sneak peak sword released today for Sea Hawk?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:32 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

There's some debate. It does resemble the sword he gets from his father, but it's not 100% accurate. Also, they're saying this figure won't be sold day-of-sale, so...I'm doubting it's Sea Hawk.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:35 pm 
categorically opposed

DisneyBoy wrote:
There's some debate. It does resemble the sword he gets from his father, but it's not 100% accurate. Also, they're saying this figure won't be sold day-of-sale, so...I'm doubting it's Sea Hawk.

Or it is, and they're saying it to try to get as many people to jump all-in as possible.

And then those that don't will act shocked and appalled that he's not available day-of.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 931 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47 ... 63  Next