Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: A short rant about combined shipping
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:15 am 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
Hi all.

I've posted this on the Matty Collector forums, but thought I'd put it here as well because I'm in that type of mood.

I should confirm that I'm loving the monthly sub figures and I'm also hoping that we will get bigger and better next year with the return of more larger figures or something similar.

My point is more about combined postage. I have two DC subs, with combined shipping, however I still get charged postage at the full whack for each figure separately. My St. Walkers were sent separately as expected and the cost per figure was exactly the same, both on the invoice and my CC statement as The Phantom Strangers. These have been posted in the same box for their combined shipping, but I've been charged for two boxes.

The second issue, not so much Matty/DRs but still annoying, is that by sending the figures together, they incur VAT charges when they pass through HM revenue and customs. Anything over £18 (around $26) has an extra 20% added to it, so about £4/$6 in this case. That wouldn't be so bad - annoying, yes, but tolerable - except for the fact that they then charge a "handling fee" of £8/$12 for the privilege.

To cut a long story short, I'm aware that Mattel doesn't have any control over each country's particular ways of punishing it's citizens, but for the purposes of those of us who don't live in the US, please can we keep with single figures below the $25 mark for the standard monthly figures.

Personally, I've changed my subs so one comes to me and the other to work, which means that for the same postage cost, they cost me a lot less to receive.

Jo
Rambling like a nutter

Post subject: Re: A short rant about combined shipping
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:51 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

You will get no argument for me about Matty's overpriced shipping. :wink:

Trade Rating +55 and counting

Post subject: Re: A short rant about combined shipping
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:21 am 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
Seems I was a little premature with my rant.

After happily taking my money and informing me I would have my parcel in 2-3 business days, 5 business days later and those masters of ineptitude that call themselves Royal Mail have still not attempted to deliver my parcel.

I get home at 6, their phoneline closes at 6:30, but whenever I call the "offices are now closed."

Needless to say, I registered a complaint through their website and have yet to receive an answer.

What makes it even more aggravating is that I'm not that bothered about the Phantom Stranger.

Grr

Jo
Getting more annoyed by the day