Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47
 Post subject: Re: Young Justice 4 and 6 inch lines CANCELLED!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:41 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Bryan Long wrote:
They actually do. BTAS, STAS, and Batman Beyond ran on The Hub, for example. .

I love the rest of your post but I will pick this nit: BTAS, STAS, and Batman Beyond didn't originally air on Cartoon Network. In fact BTAS started on Fox Kids.

I know that WB still owns the shows but I thought I'd point that out.

Quote:
And just to clarify, yes, the 65 number is outdated. It's a holdover from the true syndication days. Nowadays there are many other outlets (DVD sales, streaming video) to make money, and you don't have an absolute number of episodes needed.

That's good and bad, I think. Sometimes, a show's run used to get extended just to hit the magic syndication number. Now I think they're more likely to pull the plug, and think, well, we'll sell the GL:TAS DVDs and make our money back that way.
Anyone know how well the first Green Lantern TAS DVD sold? I was very happy with it and I can't wait for the second and final one.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:48 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Fone Bone wrote:
I love the rest of your post but I will pick this nit: BTAS, STAS, and Batman Beyond didn't originally air on Cartoon Network. In fact BTAS started on Fox Kids.

I know that WB still owns the shows but I thought I'd point that out.

Anyone know how well the first Green Lantern TAS DVD sold? I was very happy with it and I can't wait for the second and final one.

I was almost about to post the same thing about BTAS, STAS, and BB, lol. ;)

D.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:05 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
BTAS, STAS, and Batman Beyond didn't originally air on Cartoon Network. In fact BTAS started on Fox Kids.

Yeah, I did think about that, but figured it got off my point. WB produced it and licensed it to Fox for broadcast, but WB (and DC, for that matter) never let go of the rights. After X amount of time or sometimes X amount of reruns, the show reverts back to its owners who can license it to someone else (or back to Fox). So in reality, that's the show's first "syndication," if you will.

Time Warner (and others, like Disney) owning its own stations has changed the landscape. Back when, Bugs Bunny/Looney Toons/Merrie Melodies were licensed to every major network at one time or another and run during their Saturday morning cartoons. Sometimes they rebranded them with different introductions, etc. Now Time Warner tends to run its properties on its own stations, though I'm sure there are exceptions to that, based on cash changing hands. Disney runs its stuff on its stations (mostly), and so on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:45 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Young Justice survey includes two questions regarding how much one spends on merchandise:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15Fweu2 ... onse?pli=1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:13 am 
Mint on Card

Received my Artemis figure on Saturday. I'm glad
I've got the original team complete now. Just have to
get Superman and that Tim Drake variant Robin and I'm done.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:01 am 
Collector Inspector

The "real" reason why YJ was canceled is posted over in the Awkward moments in the JLU thread.
:P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:17 pm 
Collector Inspector

I probably should not have answered that survey.
I had some pretty negative answers.
I just watch the show. Don't really care all that much who is writing or producing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:36 pm 
Former King of Posts

The survey brought back several of the themes of my blogs. they ask about spending money on merchandise. The toys were too expensive and other than DVDs, was there any merchandise? Yeah, 2 Mc Donalds promotions, one of which was finger skate boards.

But the licensing of this show was really non existent.

How bad is it that the only money I spent was the Mattel Shop deal for 4 6" figures for 34$ deal they had?

The survey mentions t-shirts, but I never saw any.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:49 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

It was a badly written survey-- especially the asking for the breakdown on spedning after we heard bad news for the show-- thats a really arbitrary date-- did they mean cancelled, did they mean the toy line being cancelled, did they mean the show being put on hiatus :?: -- Plus all the social media questions-- Would I follow them on social media-- maybe if I was involved in any of that-- but since Im not- i have a facebook log in (that I visit once every 4 or five months) and nothing else..-- it looks like Im completely disinterested in everything...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:58 pm 
Variant Head

Well I think Mattel got burned on Brave and the Bold thats why the lack of Young Justice stuff out there. I mean there must have been nearly 50 Brave and the bold items I never knew existed at close out for like 2 years and counting

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:44 pm 
4" scale

The Brave and the Bold line did well enough. It lasted long enough until the series ended. The downfall of Young Justice was because of the price and poor assortments. They were too expensive for the size of the figures and you had to spend twice as much if you wanted Batman. The first two waves without mom-friendly characters (other than Superboy) didn't help either.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:30 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Quote:
The downfall of Young Justice was because of the price and poor assortments.

I'd add the sculpts on the smaller figures as well. I don't know what genius decided that upturned hands was a good idea, but kids pretty much hated them. "They can't fly" was a common statement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 702 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47