Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Marvel Superhero Adventures figures
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:31 pm 
active in the community

Battastic wrote:
I have not seen any info from Toy Fair on the Marvel Superhero Adventures.

But I did see new 3-packs for the Marvel Super Hero Squad line!
* Cap. America, Thor, & Black Widow
* Hawkeye, Hulk, & Loki
* Spider-Man, Venom, & Anti-Venom
* Spider-Man, Green Goblin, & Lizard (movie)
* Spider-Man, Doc Ock, & Gwen Stacy

Check Marvelousnews.com or Toynewsi for pics

I saw those too! I didn't think they were making anymore SHS.

I picked up the SHS Hover car in clearance. I have a soft spot for those dorky vehicles. They just never worked with the SHS Marvel line, never made sense. Imaginext vehicles make sense... mostly... ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:16 pm 
Tis' but a pup

hasbro is really dropping the ball on this line.my boys love these and can finally pit spiderman vs batman.but with no new characters and just a bunch of repaints the line is getting boring.i would hope there gonna expand next year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:47 pm 
PVC

I didn't start buying any Marvel Super Hero Squad type toys until I picked up the Marvel Adventure Heroes from Hasbro. The static and nearly static cutesy characters didn't appeal to me until the characters picked up more articulation.

I like the two packs but they annoy me at how often they are repacking Spider-Man and Iron Man. I want more variety and less repacking.

I do want more playsets. I'm glad that the S.H.I.E.l.D. Helicarrier from SHS became repainted as Iron Man's large vehicle base. I'd like to see more of the fold out SHS playsets being recycled. The secondary market prices on the SHS pop out bases are out of my price range.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:43 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Any word on more Marvel characters on the way? My son love these, but our DC Imaginext crew puts our Marvel Playskool Heroes to shame. As a lifelong Marvel Guy, this grinds my bones.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:05 pm 
PVC

SHA123 wrote:
Any word on more Marvel characters on the way? My son love these, but our DC Imaginext crew puts our Marvel Playskool Heroes to shame. As a lifelong Marvel Guy, this grinds my bones.

Make mine Marvel!
The Spider villains are cool, but more hero diversity would be good. I still need a Wolverine and a Captain America. After that I think I have all of the good guys and most of the villains. Apparently all of the heroes are teaming up on Doctor Doom and the Spidey villains?

I did manage to start a custom figure to add to the ranks. At the moment it is just Zack Ryder playing the role of Spider-Man in a reboot. I don't quite know who Zack Ryder is. I gather he is some sort of WWE guy. His figure was on clearance today and at least his head looked usable. I'm still playing with the rest of his parts. I think having a Spiderman with jumping action might be nice if I could paint him up. Given the burliness of the chest perhaps he'd make a good Venom with a bit of creative black painting.

Post subject: Gun Toting Bad Guys
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:24 pm 
PVC

My love for the Imaginext and Playskool Adventure Heroes is on a rampage. One fault I have with both lines as a whole is that they do not have enough gun toting bad guys. Super villains aren't always the ones robbing banks.

I found a few gun toting bodies on sale (2 pack for $5) and on clearance Rumbler heads ($3.50).

The gun toting bodies are still a tad sci-fi but maybe as a criminal unit it will work. I'm still trying to make no paint customs at the moment since my daughter likes to chew on these guys still. Later I will do some more painted and wild customs. At the moment I'm happy with how well the orange shades and body tones match as well as the reds on the other body and mask.

Ray Mysterio's legs are down right goofy. The Rumbler legs seem useless at this point. I think I can figure out how to use the spring loaded torsos again to make an action packed custom later.

Post subject: when was the last time this line had new product?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:54 pm 
PVC

I'll admit that I "discovered" how cool this line was only recently. After my daughter's birth I've been investigating the kiddie friendly lines that I had overlooked before. Basically, I like the line but have nearly every character.
I have (brag):
    Iron Man or 2
    Captain America
    Hulk
    Silver Surfer
    Thor
    Doom
    Lizard
    Wolverine
    Rhino
    Doc Ock
    Green Goblin
    more than my fair share of Spider-Men
I'm missing some of the variants and vehicles. Now that Wal-Mart has the two packs on sale for $5 I can stock up on custom fodder Spider-Men.

I'm just now catching up, but when was the last time new characters and product in general were added to the lineup?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:42 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Probably near the end of last year they added those open boxed vehicles with figures-- I think that was the last of the new stuff...

The silver/red iron man, the Hulk with the saftey vest and a few others--

Post subject: Thanks for the timeline reminder
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:41 pm 
PVC

Thanks. I'm having trouble figuring out what is new new and what is new to me. If the tumbling playset for Spider-Man and the vehicles were added for the end of last year then maybe we're still between release cycles.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:54 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

So my 3-year old daughter loves super heroes, her first introduction being the “Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends” cartoon show. After getting her the Spider-Man Playskool figure a few months ago, I’ve gotten her all the rest of the Marvel figures, but she has kept on asking for Firestar. (I told her Silver Surfer without the surfboard is Iceman.)

So, since I figured the chances of them ever making a Firestar figure was slim to none, I decided to make one myself.

Firestar:

Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends:

This was my first ever homemade figure. I used the head of a red-headed Winx figure and super-glued it into the body of Catwoman, acrylic paint, and topped it off with some clear nail polish (my wife's idea) to make it shiny and more protected. Her mask came from a red plastic cup, scissors and superglue. She's a little taller than her male companions, but that's because the DC line is a 1/4" taller or so. She's had it for a week now so it's held up so far.

My daughter is very happy with it. At least now she has a female Marvel hero.

Edit: are these pictures viewable to others? Please let me know if they are not. I could see them at home but I can't see them at work. Thanks.

Last edited by SuperFred on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Gun Toting Bad Guys
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:15 pm 
active in the community

Big IV wrote:

Big IV, I agree. The Rumblers bodies look like they would only match up with the DC Action League customs, but the heads and maybe the arms look like they'd work well with the Imaginext, Super Hero Squad, or even the Playskool Marvel figures.

Nice work. Where is the Hiss tank from?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:23 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

I think that HISS Tank was from a under 3 kids line when the previous GI Joe Movie came out-- you had a figure inside and you pressed it down and it ran on their own (I think Destro was inside)-- I believe their were 4 vehicles-- With a Duke, SE, SS and Destro options.. -- it was like the current REV and GO line..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:44 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Big IV: how old is your daughter? If she is small enough that she may chew on the toys aren't you afraid the guns could be a choking hazard? You might want to watch out for that if they are detachable.

I didn't give the weapon accessories to my 3-yr old (Aquaman's trident and Hawkman's mace), not so much that I am worried about her swallowing them (she's too old for that) but I didn't want her to emulate her favorite heroes by swinging around stuff at other kids in pre-school. I do let her play with Wonder Woman's lasso, though, that seems tame enough. :)

Post subject: Re: Gun Toting Bad Guys
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:49 am 
PVC

Imaginexus wrote:
Big IV, I agree. The Rumblers bodies look like they would only match up with the DC Action League customs, but the heads and maybe the arms look like they'd work well with the Imaginext, Super Hero Squad, or even the Playskool Marvel figures.

Nice work. Where is the Hiss tank from?

The Rumbler arms bother me because they are flat and bascialy won't hold anything. I have an idea for the chests, but can't quite decide what to do with the arms and legs. I need to get back to work on that idea soon, but it will be a complete paint so it will be something my daughter won't be able to touch for a while.

The Hiss Tank was a ROC toy. It had Storm Shadow in it originally. I just popped him out and squeezed in a Storm Trooper or Imaginext Robot Police officer for fun. It still pulls back and goes which my daughter likes.

SuperFred wrote:
If she is small enough that she may chew on the toys aren't you afraid the guns could be a choking hazard? You might want to watch out for that if they are detachable.

I didn't give the weapon accessories to my 3-yr old (Aquaman's trident and Hawkman's mace), not so much that I am worried about her swallowing them (she's too old for that) but I didn't want her to emulate her favorite heroes by swinging around stuff at other kids in pre-school. I do let her play with Wonder Woman's lasso, though, that seems tame enough

I'm not worried about my daughter swallowing the guns on the re-headed Troopers because they are molded to the arms. Loose guns will come later on my customs and be a choke hazard but they will come in time. I have a cool whip bowl in a closet full of small Imaginext bits so my daughter won't chew on them until she is older. When we have older kids over they never seem bothered playing with just the figures and playsets. No one has ever asked where the discs and batarangs are.

Last edited by Big IV on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:53 am 
PVC

SuperFred wrote:
So, since I figured the chances of them ever making a Firestar figure was slim to none, I decided to make one myself.

Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends:

My daughter is very happy with it. At least now she has a female Marvel hero.

I think adding Firestar to the lineup makes a lot of sense. I also agree that this line needs more women. Imaginext has three: Catwoman, Harley Quinn, and Wonder Woman. Playskool needs to add some super gals too. I want Black Cat and Firestar more than I want Mary Jane.

Is the head of the Winx figure taller than the heads of the Imaginext and Playskool figures? The legs are a little longer, but a shorter head might lower the overall figure down a tad. I wouldn't have thought to use a Winx head. I'll have to look at that part of the toy aisle. Thanks for the heads up that they can work.

A quick white gloss might make Silver Surfer look more like Iceman.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next