Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: March 15th answers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:48 pm 
Brand Manager

CJF28 wrote:
I agree. Each month the answers seem more and more condesending. Its to the point where I think Mattel would be better off not even doing this Q&As anymore. Either you dont get the answer to the question or they just point the finger at you, the consumer.

I don't think stopping the Q&As will change the way Mattel thinks. But, hey...
At least they'll have more time to teach Moms how toy cars work!!! :twisted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ds-newsxml

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:11 pm 
Brand Manager

See thats unfair the lameo "parenting" site that "reported" this was bogus. They pretty much put other peoples words in Mattels mouths I only learned this after looking further myself

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:00 pm 
Brand Manager

Nothing personal, but just to be clear...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-mouth ... 19077.html

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:07 am 
Brand Manager

Ok red Ricky sorry sometimes its hard to tell online. I too really thought Mattel said those things then I looked closer and was astounded by this "parenting" sites "news".

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:15 am 
Brand Manager

If you're talking about Matt Petersen's quote; well... the Vice President did in fact say "“She doesn’t get why cars, engines, and all the shapes and crashing and smashing are so cool.”
(As evidenced by Bloomberg & Businessweek, both respectable organizations.)
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/20 ... hot-wheels

And to be honest (and serious,) I don't think Mattel has said anything on the matter after the fact. But they did in fact, reach out to Mom Bloggers in order establish a conversation. And you know what? There's nothing wrong with that. Focus groups are the bread & butter of the sales industry. But whether or not he was talking about a single mom, or mothers in general is besides the point. Common sense dictates that you should be careful when dealing with Internet Bloggers. I mean, most of them have a sharp wit and a silver tongue; so anything you say or do "can & will be used" as column fodder.

And Mattel... well, let's be honest... sometimes, they can't help being condescending.
But, hey!!! ...at least they didn't blame the collectors this time around! (jk)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:39 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Batwasp wrote:
I agree. Each month the answers seem more and more condesending. Its to the point where I think Mattel would be better off not even doing this Q&As anymore. Either you dont get the answer to the question or they just point the finger at you, the consumer.

I'm pretty sure the Q+A is going to die out anyway. We had 2 linked here this month? Noisy doesn't do the round up anymore, it'salltrue, actionfigureblues, and fwoosh haven't done them in months. And honestly, what is there to ask about? So many lines have died over the past several years.