Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 221  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:19 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Haha I got all 3 :P

Last edited by b00sted on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Someone to shoot at the heroes
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:31 pm 
PVC

I'm doing paintless headswaps at the moment since my daughter is still chewing on these figures. A little hot glue tightened the Ray head up until I am completely satisfied that my daughter can play with him.

I'm still collecting the right parts for more radical customs but that won't happen until I can ensure my daughter won't lick off the paint apps.

Post subject: Re: Someone to shoot at the heroes
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:29 am 
Resin

Big IV wrote:
I'm doing paintless headswaps at the moment since my daughter is still chewing on these figures. A little hot glue tightened the Ray head up until I am completely satisfied that my daughter can play with him.

I'm still collecting the right parts for more radical customs but that won't happen until I can ensure my daughter won't lick off the paint apps.

they look really cool.....great job !! I just ordered 30x Rumblers off of eBay, this should be fun when they get here.....THANKS for the inspiration

D's

Last edited by to_count on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:07 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Those look sweet, Big IV.

Since Action League seems very similar to the WWE Rumblers, I wonder how head-swaps with those would work.

I think I might have to repaint a Star Wars Captain Rex, and slap an Action League Deathstroke head on it... 8)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:36 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

*Mod edit*
Hey guys, please remember to keep all buy/sell/trade talk in the Swap Meet forum, thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:32 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Just thought I would post and share my latest custom. I decided to do a Batman unmasked for the Batcave. I used the boil and pop method to swap a head from an extra Superman and then I took an extra Batman head and created a mask for him to hold in his hand.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:22 pm 
PVC

I like your take on the unmasked Batman. I think one of the newer Gotham City set comes with a Batman sans mask. I believe it to be the one that is the downtown buildings with Bane. I still haven't picked up the Gotham City sets yet. I want them, just haven't had the budget it. I will. My heroes need a town.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:45 pm 

Thanks Big IV. You are correct, the Gotham City play set does come with a Bruce Wayne figure, however he is dressed in what is to look like a business suit until you put the cowl on which has the Batman logo attached. I was looking more for a suited up Bruce Wayne as a Batman minus the cowl rather than the civilian looking Bruce. :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:06 pm 
PVC

The_Joker13 wrote:
Thanks Big IV. You are correct, the Gotham City play set does come with a Bruce Wayne figure, however he is dressed in what is to look like a business suit until you put the cowl on which has the Batman logo attached. I was looking more for a suited up Bruce Wayne as a Batman minus the cowl rather than the civilian looking Bruce. :D

I could see why a collection would need both Bruce in a suit waiting for his cowl and Bruce in the suit holding his cowl. Does the cowl from the Gotham City set fit over the Sups head? That might be fun.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:18 pm 

I actually tried to see if it would fit but it doesn't. It is made to fit the more generic round head rather than the more custom designed heads in the Imaginext series.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:16 pm 
Knows his stuff

Looks like a Justice League Javelin vehicle is planned for the Imaginext line. Found this on Target's website:

http://www.target.com/p/fisher-price-justice-league-javelin/-/A-14471685#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=justice+league

Yay!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:48 pm 
Knows his stuff

Been working on some customs. Here's a couple of quickies that I did:

Aquaman was a simple re-paint of his legs (those yellow boots just didn't look right). Black Manta was a generic knight figure but I replaced his legs with some other generic figure. The head and backpack are from one of those mini-league figures (I had to extend his neck a bit). I'm thinking of painting his air tubes red to match the 'brave and bold' black manta figure. I think he needs a little more color.

@The_Joker13 -- Great Bruce Wayne fig! :)

More figs to come!! --Rick

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:59 pm 
Dog Squeezer

rickwj324 wrote:
Looks like a Justice League Javelin vehicle is planned for the Imaginext line. Found this on Target's website:

http://www.target.com/p/fisher-price-justice-league-javelin/-/A-14471685#prodSlot=medium_1_3&term=justice+league

Yay!!!

WOW! It looks like it seats 4 figures, has a cargo bay. There is a feature activated on the wing. Looks cool.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:20 pm 
Knows his stuff

Here's another quickie I threw together..... Robin. Basically just a repaint with a 2-sided cape that I made. Real easy to make the cape. Bought the matching fabric at a MICHAEL'S store plus a permanent adhesive made for cloth. Glued the two pieces together and cut it to fit. Voila!! I used the 'heat and pop' method to remove the head and placed the cape under the headpiece.

More to come!! Rick :mrgreen:

Post subject: javelin
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:40 am 
PVC

That javelin is a tad ugly, but I want it anyway. I want to have a vehicle that will fit more than one or two figures. I hadn't read about that yet until this Target link. Thanks for sharing.

Rick, Thanks for sharing the customs. Nice looking Manta. I agree the tubes need more color. The updates to Robin and his sidekick Batman look good too. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 108, 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114 ... 221  Next