Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 121  Next
 Post subject: Re: The "ASK MATTY" Q&A Question thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:55 am 
Aspires to be #1

starks wrote:
Shellhead wrote:
Geeze, I sure hope so!

I'm not paying all this money for figures I can get somewhere else.

Do you want repeat figures? I can't imagine most subscribers would. :?

That's why I want this answered by THEM. "Repeat" to me, may differ than how you define it. A Beware the Batman stylized Anarky, to me, is different than an Anarky figure stylized by appearances in the comics. Hence the question asked.

And I would venture to guess that most subscribers would indeed want a comicbook accurate Anarky and a classic appearance Kyle Rayner (crab mask), for example.

I'm a subscriber and I don't want either of them in the sub.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:49 am 
ABS

[quote="j1h15233I'm a subscriber and I don't want either of them in the sub.[/quote]

You don't want them in general (i.e., you don't have interest in these characters) or you view them as "repeats"?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:45 am 
Aspires to be #1

starks wrote:
You don't want them in general (i.e., you don't have interest in these characters) or you view them as "repeats"?

I don't even know who Anarky is and I don't want him. I would want a crab mask Kyle but not in the sub. Find a way to get him into a retail slot or just keep him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:32 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

We'll have to agree to disagree, stark. I don't want repeats until they've covered most of the major missing characters of the DCU. So maybe in another 5-10 years.

But I am now curious about their answer.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:02 am 
ABS

I'm curious as well, because I don't know if they would be considered repeats or not. If they are, fine. It would just be good to get some kind of a clarification on their end.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:08 am 
ABS

Q: What retailers should fans expect to carry the Batman Classic 1966 TV Show figures?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:23 am 
ABS

Q: We've seen the Justice League 7-pack (single JL figures as well) and a single Lex Luthor figure offered exclusively at Target. Should fans expect to see more villains for their hero counterparts (a sort of Injustice League), and if so, who?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:59 pm 
Far Too Concerned with his Post Count

What is the designer-signed figure you are offering us a chance to win? What line is it from? Do we get to choose it?

CCC.

Museum Super Collector.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:07 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Is the Batman Legacy Justice League (DCnU Brave & Bold) line going to continue? There were quite a few figures that could be included into the line (Firestorm, Atom, Shazam, Black Manta, Blue Beetle, Joker, Grodd). Maby some new figures?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:07 am 
active in the community

monitor_ep wrote:
Is the Batman Legacy Justice League (DCnU Brave & Bold) line going to continue? There were quite a few figures that could be included into the line (Firestorm, Atom, Shazam, Black Manta, Blue Beetle, Joker, Grodd). Maby some new figures?

Agreed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:15 pm 
Resin

Hope this isn't a repeat, but I'm not going to read through 116 pages... :D

Q: I've recently gotten into collecting MOTUC. I'm late to the party. I've been able to get some items from the Matty sale in December, but I failed to get a subscription. I'm mostly interested in the core characters from the first two waves of the original MOTU, core Filmation-style characters (like Orko and Sorceress) and a couple of POP figures.

I'm assuming there are other people like me who can't get Teela, Ram-Man, Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops, etc. at a reasonable price on the secondary market, but haven't been in since the ground floor. Teela is coming in around $100 on eBay, Sorceress at $130, and Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops between $60 and $70.

It probably doesn't make sense to keep these in the Matty Store like He-Man, She-Ra, and Skeletor, but is there some way that Matty could do pre-orders for older products? HIt a minimum and then put the order through? How about grouping them into two-packs or three-packs? When this many figures are going so high above retail, it seems to indicate to me that there is still demand. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. I hope not.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:53 am 

nightwing wrote:
Hope this isn't a repeat, but I'm not going to read through 116 pages... :D

Q: I've recently gotten into collecting MOTUC. I'm late to the party. I've been able to get some items from the Matty sale in December, but I failed to get a subscription. I'm mostly interested in the core characters from the first two waves of the original MOTU, core Filmation-style characters (like Orko and Sorceress) and a couple of POP figures.

I'm assuming there are other people like me who can't get Teela, Ram-Man, Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops, etc. at a reasonable price on the secondary market, but haven't been in since the ground floor. Teela is coming in around $100 on eBay, Sorceress at $130, and Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops between $60 and $70.

It probably doesn't make sense to keep these in the Matty Store like He-Man, She-Ra, and Skeletor, but is there some way that Matty could do pre-orders for older products? HIt a minimum and then put the order through? How about grouping them into two-packs or three-packs? When this many figures are going so high above retail, it seems to indicate to me that there is still demand. Maybe it's just wishful thinking. I hope not.

Not gonna happen, As far as Mattel is concerned, they sold those figures years ago, made their money from them, and that's that. They're not interested in helping fans complete their collections. Best bet is to wait a few years after the line is dead and interest has waned, by then the demand will be low and those who are listing Teela (for example) will have to reduce her price accordingly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:26 pm 
Resin

I figured as much, but thought I'd throw it out there.

I will pick up the main subscription now that it is opening again. Sell off or trade figures I don't want and get Early Access. Hopefully can pick up a few of "remaining customer service" figure or whatever they are.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:33 am 

With the release if the DCnU Brave & Bold line out could we see the possible release of DCnU JLU figures? For the most part it would just be repaints like thedcnU Brave & Bold figures.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:53 pm 
active in the community

For the MAY 15th QnA, I'd like to know:

Are there plans in place to reveal the Beware the Batman line at SDCC? Not the already known Bats Unlimited versions, but a stand alone BtB line?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1803 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119 ... 121  Next