Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3827 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 256  Next
 Post subject: Re: The ImagiNext Discussion Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:50 am 
shirtless hugger

Quote:
That javelin is a tad ugly, but I want it anyway.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:16 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

After seeing the Javelin pics, I started to check around for more up-coming Imaginext toys. I haven't found anything else.

Maybe this is the first piece of a Justice League line. We may get to see the Watch Tower w/ the Martian Manhunter, Plastic Man with multiple accessories, the Red Tornado & Hawk Girl 2-pack, a large scale Solomon Grundy, Lex Luther in Battle Armor, Yellow Lantern Sinestro w/ constructs, Cheetah & Black Manta 2-pack, and an Apokolips throne room playset with Darkseid & Orion.

Last edited by Battastic on Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:36 am 
ABS

Never seen it before, but that looks like Hero World to me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:46 am 

Yeah, I found it. It is a Hero World piece. I edited my last post. Thanks for the help.

Post subject: Hero world?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:03 am 
PVC

Battastic wrote:
Yeah, I found it. It is a Hero World piece. I edited my last post. Thanks for the help.

Is it hero world? I'm not sure. The red foot activated feature looks like Imaginext to me. Bats in the mask looks like he could have the right articulation for Imaginext and the mask looks like something recycled from Robot Police or some such. I hope it is an ugly but people toting Imaginext figure. I hate when I get this line and Hero World confused based on internet pictures where the scale is hard to determine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:08 am 
PVC

shadowwalker1 wrote:
i picked up the older bat cave a few weeks back for 20 bucks shipped.also found the police truck with guard and bane at toyrus yesterday so i,m caught up on everything so far.

Kmart.com has the tall Batcave (last year's Christmas push item) for $27.00. I finally broke down and bought it at that price. I liked the older fold out style better, but for $27.00! I had to pick up the taller set too.

Post subject: Re: Hero world?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:14 am 
Resin

Big IV wrote:
Battastic wrote:

Is it hero world? I'm not sure. The red foot activated feature looks like Imaginext to me. Bats in the mask looks like he could have the right articulation for Imaginext and the mask looks like something recycled from Robot Police or some such. I hope it is an ugly but people toting Imaginext figure. I hate when I get this line and Hero World confused based on internet pictures where the scale is hard to determine.

I believe that the Javelin is an Imaginext product based on the price point, a Hero World product that size would price out at about three to four times the price. Just take a look at other vehicles in the line and you will see what I mean.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:12 am 
shirtless hugger

If the Javelin is Hero World, it would be about 3 feet long. There's no way they'd sell it for $29. It does look like Hero World design, though. Maybe it was originally designed for Hero World and scaled down?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:37 am 
Knows his stuff

I'd have to say that the Javelin is definitely IMAGINEXT. The red 'action' base on the side is a dead giveaway. Also, that Batman looks to be like the new Batman that was shown recently (along with the Imaginext Superman stuff). I'd say its a new Batman that's wearing removable pilot gear, something like this Batman:

It doesn't look much like the JL Javelin to me but I will definitely be picking it up and hope that its a sign of more JL stuff to come!

Looking at the Javelin, there appears to be 3 cockpit seats, some cargo bay doors behind that, then there's some other flip-up door thingie behind the cargo bay. Then it looks like the red action base appears to flip up and launch the rockets on the sides. Pretty cool piece overall...I just think the design looks kind of plain. Maybe the actual piece will look differently....

@Big IV - glad ya liked the customs. Got a few more that I'll be posting soon. :)

--Rick

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:18 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Here is the zoomed version... which should confirm it is Imaginext.
Looks like 4 seats...and the hand/trigger feature.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:48 pm 
shirtless hugger

Quote:

Definitely Imaginext. Thanks for the picture.

Four seats? Nice.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:24 pm 
Knows his stuff

Bryan Long wrote:
Quote:

Definitely Imaginext. Thanks for the picture.

Four seats? Nice.

Yep.. I didn't notice that there were 2 seats in the middle. Good catch! Can't wait to get a hold of this and all of the new Imaginext stuff shown for Batman and Superman. I really hope they turn this into DC World / Justice League line that focuses on lots of stuff besides Bats and Supes! :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:41 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I called Imaginext support and the woman had never seen it before... she had to go to the target.com website to check it out.

She then found it in her system... it has a 2013 release with an "all store" code. --It had some other name, "open profile" or something.

But she said it also had a 2014 release date with a Target only code. SO it could be Target exclusive, or just have a Target variation, but that's all she could tell me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:24 am 

Sorry about the confusion in the post. I found a Batman with Exo Skeleton on Target's website. I thought it was a new Imaginext piece but asked for help identifying it. I later found out it was a Hero World piece and edited my post. All of the Hero World talk was not about the javelin but about the Exo Skelton with Batman figure.

Sorry again about all of that.

Post subject: Freds?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:04 am 
PVC

I'm not even sure why I went to Freds today. It is usually a place where old toys go to get dusty at high prices. Today? I found Wonder Woman, Superman, Harley, and the new Joker. $6.95 a two pack is more than I typically but I wanted to support the gals at retail.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3827 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 109, 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115 ... 256  Next