Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Petition to Matty for a LOSH sub or 2nd 12 pack
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:34 am 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Yeah, I'd much prefer to see them do a sub. Even with 8-10 figures MOST of the major ones would be covered. And I think there would be enough demand for it.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:00 pm 
serves the Otter

The Watchmen sub sold well because it was a THEMED sub, and therefore people had a pretty good idea what characters they were getting when they committed to it. The same can't be said for the Club IE sub when two-thirds of the figures are unknown to us going into it. That's why people are so reluctant to sign up, and Mattel can't seem to understand that.

So I agree that doing smaller themed subs would be the better way to go. I have no doubt a LOSH sub would reach its sign-up goal much faster than the Club IE one did. Or several other specifically-themed subs, like a Flash allies and rogues sub (which I'd sign up for in an instant!)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:16 pm 
Tis' but a pup

GregNYC wrote:
I guess Mattel could just include some remaining LOSH members in the DCIE subscription. But the creation of the Filmation subscription made me wonder if a similar one was viable for LOSH.
Marc wrote:
I don't see why Mattel can't put up a sub thermometer for more Legionnaires, or anything else (a Batmobile, Granny Goodness). If they meet the minimum numbers, great! If not, oh well, they tried.
Yes, Yes, Matty!!! Break out the thermometer for a new LOSH subscription à la the recent Filmation subscription and I'll be all over it! Bring it on !!!

alcinde4 wrote:
Dawnstar, Blok, Bouncing Boy, Sun Boy, Phantom Girl, Mone-El and Supergirl. In that order.
This!!! ...Kid Quantum, Ferro Lad, and Invisible Kid II too!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:48 pm 
Displays Backwards

Habib3000 wrote:
This!!! ...Kid Quantum, Ferro Lad, and Invisible Kid II too!!!

Boy or girl Kid Quantum? I don't even know if they are in continuity - it's a big mess. I guess it doesn't really matter. Sensor the snake was cool, too.

Atmos would look pretty cool, since he was missing part of his upper body, but I guess he didn't really join the Legion, and then he got killed.

And I'm taking Sun Boy off my wish list - it would just cause me too much pain now. RIP, fella.

I'll say Shadow Lass instead for Mon-El. So I'm only asking for 6 female figs in a 12-pack - sounds reasonable, right? A guy can dream.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 am 
Tis' but a pup

Oh... I'm not too picky. I'll go with whichever one allows Matty to realize our dreams of a second Legion set. Just as long as they do not decide to go crazy and make an Arm Fall Off Boy.

- Bunger43, I set this one up for you to knock out of the park.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:54 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

I would certainly like to see more of the Legion in the IE line regardless of how it comes about. My top wants would be:

Sun Boy
Element Lad
Dawnstar (and come on, Mattel, how about Zauriel -- get some more use out of Hawkman's wings!)
Mon-El
Ferro Lad
Invisible Kid (NOT an imaginary one this time, thank you!)
Polar Boy
Shadow Lass
Phantom Girl
Blok (theoretically, he could use some of the Darkseid molds)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:38 pm 
active in the community

stjames wrote:
I really think we have a shot at a 2nd box set or sub if we are vocal and adamant with Matty on this. There's no logical reason it can't be done if we let them know there is a demand & we're serious about this. MOTU fans got a Castle Greyskull made from scratch. That was risky, but Mattel took the shot cause they had confidence in MOTU fans. With the LOSH they already have evidence of the viability of a LOSH 12 pack as seen in the 2x sell through. This and the fact that no new tooling really will be necessary. Mattel has the teen buck & can use it to make all the characters at no additional cost. Last, if they were able to go back & do a new run if DCUC wave 5 for DCUC fans (which was a store) how much more so with an in demand item like a LOSH? We just need to be persistent in letting them know that we are here & we're not going anywhere til we get our LOSH sub or multipack. So if your with me on this please go over to the Matty forum and sign the petition I started & vote for how you want your LOSH figures.

The problem as I see it is this "If you don't own the first box set would you be intrested in a Legion sub or a second box set?" It going to be a hard sell to people who don't own the first box set, since it had quite a few of the most popular members in it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:52 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

Thing is, they already know how many sets they will be able to sell as it's pretty much a sure bet that those who brought the first set will buy this one too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:31 pm 
active in the community

elvis8batman wrote:
Thing is, they already know how many sets they will be able to sell as it's pretty much a sure bet that those who brought the first set will buy this one too.

Right they know the number. Is that number enough to carry a sub? I don't think it's even close or Matty would have done a Legion sub thermometer.

If they do another box set (being the logistical nightmare it was, I don't see it ever happing) it would more than likely be more expensive or have less figures in it due to rising cost.....or both.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:31 am 
Displays Backwards

I don't care how they do it, I just want more Legion figures!

That is actually a sub I would sign up for. A sub for the entire DCU where you could get anybody is less appealing to me than something with more focus.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:31 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Dawnstar would be my absolute #1 pick, followed by some combination of Shadow Lass, Blok, and Phantom Girl. But the truth is that I'd get any and every member of the team and any villains that they elected to make.