Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Man of Steel Movie Masters Thread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:03 am 
declined to be a vampire

JuliusMarx wrote:
PBateman wrote:
Mattel catering to the resellers these days has become annoying. With the Dark Knight Rises there was a Ebay seller clearly breaking the street date by a week he was getting insane money for peg warmers. IF Walmart,Target and TRU knew I am sure they would not be happy. But I am sure you can convince to guy to send them to you now just email him.

It's not Mattel that creates those street dates. It's Warner Brothers.

On top of that, no one is making anyone pay crazy prices for those toys.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:09 am 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

I've been told that street dates are most often requested (especially for movie lines) by big retailers. They know that for limited lines such as these, that we as collectors will buy them at the first opportunity. The street date "levels the playing field", because the smaller guys can get them faster (no complex distribution chain). This is what I have been told.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:11 am 
Daniel Pickett

I know for the figures from Dark Knight rises that it was the WB that set the street dates on both waves. I know this cuz I had to take some stuff down. :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:21 am 
Brand Manager

Bunger43 wrote:
On top of that, no one is making anyone pay crazy prices for those toys.

$22.99 (including shipping) to get my Man of Steel Supes before anyone, was a sweet deal :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:28 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I am definitely picking up a Superman MM figure, but I can wait until they are in stores. I find that if I wait, I will usually run into them eventually. For some reason, my area tends to get new stuff MONTHS after the fact, which is odd.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:56 pm 
Disney is not his cup of tea

When I was in retail street dates for Star Wars figures and DVDs like LotR and Spider-Man were set by Lucas Film and the appropriate studios for the other two films. When we broke the Spider-Man street date, we were called by a representative of Paramount and our corporate office and fined by Paramount.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:00 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

Bunger43 wrote:
Thundergod31 wrote:
I took theleap and ordered all 3. Surprised to see them from a US seller. Hope its legit.

You just dropped 75+ on 3 figures?

Wow.

Well after shipping-- its no different than DCUC on Matty or MOTUC
or probably even these figures themselves once they show up at TRU :shock: ..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:10 pm 
The Katepánō with Atomic Breath

JuliusMarx wrote:
I know for the figures from Dark Knight rises that it was the WB that set the street dates on both waves. I know this cuz I had to take some stuff down. :oops:

That totally doesn't surprise me. I know for the Raiders of the Lost Ark/Indiana Jobes figures, it was retailer requested.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:11 pm 
Cold-cast

Just FYI my april 1 posts were an AFD joke based on last years dark knight case packs and mattel's patterns and some info i mined from the web (if it was not obvious). The pictures we saw earlier and the actual figures look so different. I was like wow those sculpts are so dead on, NECA or McFarlane quality but the final product looks like a mattel product.

I am a little bummed and not sure if i want all of them. I am also on the fence about buying in now considering there are 3 movies with MOS being the first and using TDK trilogy toys releases as a guide, i don't want to get hosed. Had i not bought the batman figures with each movie, i would have bought the TRU 3 pack which i would have prefered instead of the single releases.

So my buying advice is remember the TDK toy releases and also keep in mind there are 3 movies with merch for each.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:24 am 
Brand Manager

Zim wrote:
Just FYI my april 1 posts were an AFD joke based on last years dark knight case packs and mattel's patterns and some info i mined from the web (if it was not obvious). The pictures we saw earlier and the actual figures look so different. I was like wow those sculpts are so dead on, NECA or McFarlane quality but the final product looks like a mattel product.

I am a little bummed and not sure if i want all of them. I am also on the fence about buying in now considering there are 3 movies with MOS being the first and using TDK trilogy toys releases as a guide, i don't want to get hosed. Had i not bought the batman figures with each movie, i would have bought the TRU 3 pack which i would have prefered instead of the single releases.

So my buying advice is remember the TDK toy releases and also keep in mind there are 3 movies with merch for each.

You got me :oops:

Anyway, I still can hope to get a Movie Masters Lois Lane. I bet that a lot of DCUC collectors would buy it for their collections too.

My package with Zod and Superman is out for delivery It will arrive in a friends house, wich will send me the figures then. I'll ask him to take some pics of them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:43 pm 
Brand Manager

My Zod and Superman figures arrived in my friends house, but someone beat me and already posted pics of the Superman figure:

http://bboytoysadvocate.blogspot.co.uk/ ... VyiV5OG2Gd

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9KG9fhbCXGw/U ... etails.jpg

The use of flash haven't helped the figure. Anyway it looks really good IMO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:10 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
OMGosh that is a horrid figure! I hope when I see him in person he doesn't look like that picture, (like he was made back in 1921) and I hope he doesn't have that ugly puffy butter face, that is so bad... sorry for the rant, thanks for the pics though, ;)

D.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:01 am 
declined to be a vampire

stewbacca wrote:

Well after shipping-- its no different than DCUC on Matty or MOTUC
or probably even these figures themselves once they show up at TRU :shock: ..

There's a reason I didn't get the sub this year.

I have over 50 + trades with the following: j1h15233, Joe G, ElvisBatman, Riddler2403, 20Silence, Sweeney, Batsonthebrain, Wildcard, Lance, The Question, Thebigzakbowski, MrJasonTodd, Grimace404, Boots Baily , brenticles, Darknight30, Kcbstuff, Funtime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:29 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Fresh from my doorstep:

http://thegeeksummit.blogspot.com/2013/04/man-of-steel-movie-masters-superman.html

And for those who don't dig the original releases:
[url]
http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfi ... ?FID=48596[/url]

And for those of you who don't like pictures:
[youtube]
http://youtu.be/OqYFxJhGGjU[/youtube]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:33 am 
shirtless hugger

Why does Superman have five o'clock shadow?

Looking for: MOC trilingual Super Powers Flash, and any pre-production Super Powers Flash items (proof cards, prototypes, etc.). Basically anything that's Super Powers and Flash related, I am interested in.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 392 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 27  Next