Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Target Justice League figures
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:52 am 
5th Horseman

I'd say they use that awesome Gentleman Ghost mold they got laying around. Great villain, awesome figure for the kiddies. Doesn't matter that he's not in the new 52 since kids arent reading it anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:14 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

You don't KNOW he's not in the new 52. Ghosts are very hard to spot.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:25 am 
active in the community

Gentleman Ghost is in the new 52 he appeared in Hawkman issue 6 and they could use the mold just have it a translucent black instead of white.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:13 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I could see them useing the Gentleman Ghost but in his DCnU version

I am wondering how long before we get this version of Luthor:
instead of another villain.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:01 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I picked up Lex yesterday at the Monroe NY Target

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:41 am 
Former King of Posts

Well, DC just added Firestorm, Element Woman and the Atom to the nu 52 Justice League. Might increase chance of Firestorm in this line a bit. The new 52 Atom is a woman, so the BBB Atom sculpt would not work.

If they go into the Justice League America or JL Dark teams, I could easily see:

Green Arrow
Hawkman
Martian Manhunter

The others are really too obscure to the general public.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:36 am 
Wonderdog

Luthor finally hitting here in PA, and it always seems like we get things either last or not at all. I want to echo what a lot of people are saying -- this line is really great now that they've ditched those stupid giant hexagonal holes. The kids love playing with them and I really like the interpretations of the characters. Plus they look freakin' GREAT posed on the YJ Hall of Justice diorama! I hope Mattel and Target consider hex-less re-do's of Atom, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold and Green Arrow, too. And use that Wonder Woman mold for some other female figures as well while you're at it!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:33 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Found 2 more Luthors today. This is like finding the JL(U) Hawkgirls back in the day.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:49 am 
4" scale

Target was at an event which featured the Justice League this weekend in Los Angeles. The audience was mostly enthusiastic 3-6 year olds. Exactly the audience for these figures and their cartoony style. The kids loved them!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:54 am 
5th Horseman

Those aren't the new 52 designs on their costumes! LOL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:04 am 
Loose, Missing Package

AnimateTed wrote:
Those aren't the new 52 designs on their costumes! LOL

yeah, that's what kills me... Mattel has to be "all n52 all the time" but none of the other licensees have to do that. Granted we did get in Superman and Batman "costume" shirts ( printed with logo, uniform lines and "belt") a few weeks back but none of the other shirts in that shipment were n52 nor is any other merchandise I've seen around the store (Xerboz, Lego, beach towels, party supplies, greeting cards, kids' dishware, school supplies... nothing).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:50 am 
4" scale

Jim_Abell wrote:
yeah, that's what kills me... Mattel has to be "all n52 all the time" but none of the other licensees have to do that.

Doing n52 is not something Mattel decided on. It was dictated by DC and WB. Besides, we're still getting classic versions of the characters in the DCIE line.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:55 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Wildcard wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:
yeah, that's what kills me... Mattel has to be "all n52 all the time" but none of the other licensees have to do that.

Doing n52 is not something Mattel decided on. It was dictated by DC and WB. Besides, we're still getting classic versions of the characters in the DCIE line.

I still think part of this was Mattel's Choice- as a reason to go back to the well on the main characters one more time. (but I'm a Mattel Conspirasist :roll: )

Just like Jim, I find it odd that they are the only ones that must be New 52 all the time-- Im pretty sure even DC comics breaks their own rule whenever it benefits them. Some lines even use stuff interchangeably when they know the new design wont sell as good as the old one -or is a tough sell at retail due to the design (like the Eaglemoss Chess set and Harley Quinn)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:50 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Wildcard wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:

That was the point I was trying to make there, guess I didn't do such a good job... need to sleep before I post... :wink:

Yeah, we're still getting "classics" in the club but we're also getting some real oddities like Red Hood and Rocket Red, too (maybe they should just stay away from characters with "red" in the name). I do agree with Jason about them being able to go back to the well for new looks and I honestly have no problem with that, I just wish that it allowed for more than Injustice versions of non-Bat characters and Elseworlds versions of the Bat. Damien will be nice to get (even though I'm not a fan of the character) but where is the Jason Todd Robin (30 years give or take and never a JT Robin from any company?), we got a TDKR Batman - where's Kelly?... (and Superman for that matter?...) Still no version of Stephanie Brown from Mattel, neither version of Batwoman, no Bette Keane Bat-Girl or Flamebird? For DC in general we still don't have "First Appearance" versions of Superman (the movie gives me hope for that, but...) or Wonder Woman or even a good silver-age WW. No Mera, Aqualad, Speedy, classic Wonder Girl. I know that the list can go on and on and on and I don't want to turn this into a wishlist thread, but it just baffles me sometimes the direction these lines take (and I'm going to go all the way back to Mego with that statement, too).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:06 pm 
Former King of Posts

Baffled? After Golden Pharoh?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 38  Next