Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Teen Titans Go 2.0
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:35 pm 
AFA Graded

Shellhead wrote:
I'm imagining 15 minute shows like Adventure Time. It could end up as big as MLP.

Okay, maybe nearly as good. The Ponies are HUGE now. :lol:

How about anime ponies? HUGE!

AFi Positive Feedback: +199

Post subject: I still want Teen Titans Imaginext toys
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:09 pm 
PVC

Teen Titans has 5 core characters in the original Teen Titans seasons. Cyborg and Robin are already in DC Imaginext. That only leaves Beastboy, Starfire, and Raven to complete the entire lineup.

The more I think about it the more I want this to happen.

One thing that the toys need to do is add in women. Raven would be awesome in Imaginext! Tera! Starfire! If they could manage to sneak in an Artemis that’d be cool too.

The Imaginext DC line already has more women than the rest of the Imaginext lines or the competing Playskool Adventure Marvel Heroes. Recent additions of Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn look great but are still hard to find at retail. I’m hoping they’ll finally be widely available when the Man of Steel Imaginext hits shelves. Superman is cool, but I’m more excited about Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn joining my Catwoman. Adding other female heroes would be awesome. Hawkgirl and Supegirl, and Wondergirl would be cool, but Starfire and Raven would both be excellent. Plus the random Artemis.

One great aspect of both the DC Imaginext line and the Playskool Marvel line is the villains. DC has great Imaginext villians: Joker, Penguin, etc although it is very Bat focused. Zod coming out with Man of Steel is cool. Slade? Slade would be awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:54 pm 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I hate to sound like a broken record but this is another failure imo. I give it 2 seasons tops. They (DC) need to get it through their heads that the Justice League is what needs to be on the TV and in movies and in the action figure isles. Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman then you can insert whoever after that. They need to do what Marvel has done with Avengers as they just don't have the characters to compete with any of the other groups/characters Marvel has.

"AFI is my home for JLU" Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:54 pm 
Former King of Posts

The show is now supposed to be previewed at Wonder Con and premiere in April.

Post subject: Re: Teen Titans Go!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:04 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Resurrecting the dead thread here...

This weekend's previews have me worried... The voice cast is the same, so that's good, but the designs are not the original "chibi" designs nor the DC Nation Shorts designs (if those are actually any different). To me the new designs look like they belong in The Amazing World of Gumball and that scares the poop out of me... Pleeeeeeese don't let it be that mindless!!!

Post subject: Re: Teen Titans Go!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:06 am 
Armored Avenger of Arduous Aspirations

It looks pretty mindless. I don't have high hopes for this one.

Trade Rating +55 and counting

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:42 pm 
PVC

I'm rewatching the last 5 seasons of Teen Titans. This show is often undervalued. I still want Imaginext versions of the Titans. Rewatching, I now want Trigon from season 3 (as a 12" Imaginext figure so he'll be more or less in scale) and the Doom Patrol too.

If the writers keep up what they did in the first 5 seasons this show can have a long run. It of course needs Cartoon Network to let it run without a hiatus. I'd like to see the show go another five seasons of 13 episodes.

One of the aspects I like about this show is the missing Justice League. Perez and Wolfman worked hard to keep the adults out of their teen book and this show should too. It is a formula that worked for the comic and can work even for the more casual cartoon fan. The show especially works when it picks up Doom Patrol, Speedy, and other DC characters.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:58 pm 

Having seen the previews, I think you'll be disappointed.

It looks like they removed all the serious stuff (like Slade and Raven's dark side), and only left the silly aspects. I'll get it a shot, but I don't have high hopes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:11 pm 
PVC

The old show made a nice balance between Mother Mae-Eye and Control Freak mixed in with Slade and Trigon. If I remember correctly, and I often don't, the previews for the show originally pushed the Billy Multiple more than Slade aspects of this show. Marketing doesn't always match up with the show. If they're assuming that the Trigon and Slade fans will watch no matter what they may decide to market to the newer fans in the advertising.

There is a nice episode 4 special feature where the producers and designers discuss finding the balance between Nufu and Trigon in that series.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:39 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

The new animation style is what bugs me. If this had been done in the style of the New Teen Titans DC Nation shorts I'd be cool with it, less serious tone or not. But now, for all we know this could be a total reboot in which case there is no point to making it.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:11 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Not quite as freaked out after seeing the ads again this morning. The animation looks more like Total Drama Island than Gumball on second watching... Still nervous, just not as much...

Fone Bone wrote:
But now, for all we know this could be a total reboot in which case there is no point to making it.

I doubt it's going to be a complete reboot since they're using designs based on the old series and the same voice cast but I'm betting the connections aren't going to be extremely obvious outside of that since this one is supposed to be a comedy series.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:39 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

The New Teen Titans shorts were comedic in nature too but they still shared a tight continuity with the original show. This looks WAAAAYYY too different. I don't know why they didn't just use the style from the shorts. That was what people originally responded to.

"I knew we'd made a mistake the minute I saw that little bologna loaf in the hospital bassinet." - Calvin's Dad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:43 am 
Cold-cast

Reminder teens titans go premieres tuesday evening on cartoo network

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:40 am 

I'm kinda dreading it. It just looks so bad . . .

Here's hoping I'm wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:46 am 
Brand Manager

I can assure you that I would NEVER buy any DC figures in different styles for my collection!!!

...maybe...

:P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next